Online now
Online now

Familiar acronym that may not be so familiar

Miki
2 years ago • May 6, 2021
Miki • May 6, 2021
SweetSirRendering wrote:
sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name

I'll be the first to say "Never heard of it." Not the song anyway... So, thankfully, no ear worms for me!!

The slogan probably from that bar sitcom that was before my time and having seen clips of it... I'll pass.
L a r s​(dom male)
L a r s​(dom male) • May 6, 2021
Oh...I thought Miki was the first one to get my joke, but no T_T

Yes, it's the theme from cheers. Hence me saying cheers to anyone who guesses.
Miki
Miki • May 6, 2021
Sorry L A R S That was before my time. I was 8 years old when it concluded.

Although I heard of it later on, the premise never piqued my curiousity enough to check it out.

The only part of the theme that is familiar is the opening piano bit, but it took a while before I realized where it was from.

Don't feel bad, "Seinfeld" never frosted my cake either. I had heard about it, but the premise didn't speak to me at that time (nor now, old and campy-looking, like a lot of stuff from the in or before the 80s and 90s.)---- so I won't be digging around for episodes of either one.

Credit to Jerry Seinfeld, though, from what I understand he pulled the plug on his show while it was still very popular. "Go out on a high note!" or "Leave 'em wanting more.." I think he said by way of reason for shit-canning a still-popular TV show.

... while so often they run a show into the ground and either key acting talent flys the coop for something new, or the ratings go so far down the toilet that the networks cancel them.