Online now
Online now

Is Chivalry Dead?

Dominus eius​(dom male){LittleLott}
3 years ago • Apr 7, 2021
Maybe coming at this from a different direction. Should the question be are good manners and courtesy dead (though dying out - may be a better choice).

I’ll admit I haven’t read all the comments on this thread, but I have read many and see several common threads.

I wholeheartedly agree that the argument that chivalry has died out due to kick back
from some females is absolute rubbish. As stated by Mr Fulman. If this were true, then so would cat calling and other unpleasant actions. Unfortunately they are still going strong. So the fear of reaction is not the cause. Though, I would reflect on this particular argument and add that the kind of person who shouts at a lady in the street is
likely to be immune to any negative response, whereas someone planning to hold a door as a nice thing is more likely to be put off by a negative response.

In my humble opinion, true chivalry is not demeaning or belittling of females. It’s actually the opposite. It’s not doing things because they can’t, it’s doing things to be nice. Therefore, if done from the right mindset very unlikely to elicit a negative response. Holding a door open, is holding a door open - do you really check the sex of the person first?

That said I do think these courtesies are disappearing. Largely due to the overall lessening of respect for others in our communities. Think of the different approach of children and teens to adults - and many other examples. As this is no longer seen by parents (generalising here - there are always exceptions) as being important, they don’t impart it to their children and so it’s no longer an ingrained habit.

As always, just the thoughts that ramble on my brain. Others will see this differently and have their opinion - which they’re entitled to.
Sensual Dominant​(dom male)
Traditional values,good manners,politeness and etiquette are unfortunately waning in todays society.

"Manners maketh man"......it costs nothing to be polite, mannered and above all ...smile !

I would suggest most females definitely appreciate a man who practices the above...would I be right ladies ?
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Apr 7, 2021
"..would I be right ladies ?"

I have to ask you EG, why you posed your question exclusively to "ladies"?

As a "gentleman", I too appreciate all the things you mention in your post - but from BOTH genders.

"Manners maketh man".

That quote is somewhat last century. In this age of gender equality, manners also "maketh woman".

There are no excuses any more......
dom daddie​(dom male)
3 years ago • Apr 8, 2021

dom daddie​(dom male) • Apr 8, 2021
chivalry is not dead. women how wants that will get that. now a days it's hard to do.
Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Apr 8, 2021
Taramafor​(sub male) • Apr 8, 2021
Quote: As females we always want our cake and to eat it too

As a male I'm making the same claim. This isn't gender specific.

Unlike others I make it happen. I didn't bake the damn thing just to starve after all.

I think the main issue with chivalry is how people "feminise" it. Both genders have to treat each other right. But it's more dependent on the "person". By they male and female, two guys or two girls. Or whatever gender they may be. Us guys want things done for us as well too you know. Some might deny it, but we can be more sensitive then we let on.

When left ignored that's why you get some guys exploding. Those ones never admit how venerable they are and only ever make excuses to lash out and make targets. It also shouldn't be seen as "womanly" to know it's important to be vulnerable.
acquiesced​(sub male)
2 years ago • Aug 21, 2021
acquiesced​(sub male) • Aug 21, 2021
I've done so many things, some really big things and thousands of little things, all good, for the women in my life. I did them without reward. Even today, they go unnoticed. It hurts, but somehow I still take pride in doing so.
Noire{Owned (NH)}
Noire{Owned (NH)} • Aug 21, 2021
Reading some of these responses has me floored and curious. 😆

In my day to day life, like running errands, going to a grocery store, post office, gas station, work so on and so forth. I’ve experienced quite the ordeal of men holding the door open for me.

If the line at the self checkout was long and I had a few things. I’ve had men let me go in front of them first just so I could checkout. Many friendly greetings and decent conversation. But that’s my experience being in my world.

In the sense of going on a date, I am a woman with traditional values. So I usually seek men who have those same values as well. I’ve had dates open doors/ car doors for me. Carry my bags while we shop, or give me their jacket or coat if I was cold. Walk on the left side of me so I wasn’t closest to the traffic. So if that’s considered chivalry I’ve experienced both in a romantic and non romantic setting.

But again that’s the kind of men I attract in general. 😅
rosethorn​(sub female)

Chivalry is dead

rosethorn​(sub female) • Aug 21, 2021
Thanks to third wave feminists. You can't want everything exactly the same to the point you shout at men who hold doors open for women and call them sexist and then complain chivalry is dead.

What they don't like is that no one holds the door open for them. Ironically because they don't want to be shouted at. You can't have both.

(Not everyone but im on about those who shout the loudest thinking they are right).

Just putting it out there as an opinion, not saying im right curious to hear others.
MrFulmen

Re: Chivalry is dead

MrFulmen • Aug 21, 2021
rosethorn wrote:
Thanks to third wave feminists. You can't want everything exactly the same to the point you shout at men who hold doors open for women and call them sexist and then complain chivalry is dead.

What they don't like is that no one holds the door open for them. Ironically because they don't want to be shouted at. You can't have both.

That sure is hypocritical of those imaginary feminists-who-complain-about-men-not-holding-doors-for-them who you just made up.