Online now
Online now

Intelligence in s types

Miki
3 years ago • Apr 5, 2021
Miki • Apr 5, 2021
Except for obvious examples, I find the descriptive "intelligent" to be somewhat subjective, and "sapiosexual" is not in my vocabulary. Just about everyone has talents/abilities in certain areas and totally suck in others.

Could be working with their hands, repairing or building things, could be writing and drawing, could be discussing abstract subjects, no one is "better" than the other to me.

It then lies with the sub, or dominant, what sort of "intelligence" they prefer in their partner and it's entirely up to them who they want to be with.

I prefer to leave the broad brush in the cabinet.

Besides, there's a lot to be said for a dude who walks along, dragging hairy knuckles at his sides, not that I ever met one.

Bottom line, everyone has feelings and to shut a guy out because he isn't into E = MC 2 just doesn't sit right with me.

Of course my "relationships" are temporary and about the physical, so I can't be bothered worrying about whether he's a plumber or on an engineering team building the latest and greatest atom smasher.
Richlydefined​(sub female){Gardener}
I agree with Miki I think the level of Intelligence each person desires is subjective. When it all comes down to it most people are going to pick the person that matches them the best. Also to that point, how often do we throw out these restrictions about the "ideal partner" we're searching for but then we meet someone who completely blows them out of the water and they are the ones we choose?

from a personal standpoint, I find myself more often than not attracted to people who I perceive as smarter than me, but in the past, some of those people end up surprising me because I know things that it turns out they don't. I don't think less of them for it or anything but It was a good wake-up call to the depths each individual person's intelligence has. So although It's all well and good to say "Oh I want someone with THIS level of intelligence" I try to remember that sometimes we find someone who is actually at that level but not in the way we expect. So for me, I find it's best to just keep my mind open and take people (who are serious in their pursuit) for who they are rather than who I want/expect them to be.
CSI
CSI
CSI • Apr 5, 2021
MisterAshmodai wrote:
So, for the sake of keeping this thread on point, let’s define wisdom as ‘utilizing information’ and intelligence as ‘the rate at which you process information’.

So looking for megabytes per second? How quickly they can pull up the right information without utilizing an outside source? How quickly they can "download and process" a conversation?
Miki
Miki • Apr 5, 2021
Whatever floats your boat --- but begs the question, one looking for that level of "intelligence"-- Looking to have a relationship with a person or a machine?

No offense, just my opinion. As I already said, to each their own. But imagine what one would be missing out on if they focus on just that.

Ever see the movie "Rain Man"? A rather extreme example but that Raymond character would rock your world by telling you precisely how many blades of grass there are in your back yard... But other than that, he would not be a wonderful date.
Jack of all doms​(dom male)
I am attracted to those who seek to learn and have interest outside of themselves. Do I need to find someone can understands and can explain what the term disestalishmentarism? No, but I'd like someone who isn't intimidated that I do know it means and wouldn't be intimidated that I do know what it means and can explain it.

I also enjoy learning from others so if someone has interest they can share with and is interested in sharing mine that's a plus. The interest in and of itself isn't as important as being willing to share it with me and allow me to share mine with them.

I also see it as simply a matter of taste like anything else, if one can look for a certain sexual preference, why can't one look for a certain personality type? I don't be grudge or judge anyone either.
Curious Creature​(sub female)
Something to consider is that education is not synonymous with a college degree. Too many people are willing to shut a person out because they don’t have a signed piece of paper. I have noticed this to be a contributing factor in the superiority complex that Lars mentioned.

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. One may be well educated on a particular subject and the other person is well educated on a totally unrelated subject.

What is important is that you have someone who is capable of mentally challenging you. If they are unable, then a loss of interest is just a matter of time.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 5, 2021
An interesting read. I’m glad I read through all of the comments because my initial response too was in regards to wisdom and intellect.
However, reading your comments further, MisterAshmodai, I think perhaps I came to understand better what you meant, which in turn completely changed my response (pretty much to a 180 lol).

To be submissive requires a level of intelligence. To be flexible enough and adaptable enough to align to another person, we need to have that ability to process things rather quickly. At first as newbies, this aspect of ourselves can be rather sluggish, however as we become more experienced, I believe our adaptability becomes more fluid. Interestingly it seems this shows up in many different ways, regardless of intellect. If anything, perhaps intellect somewhat stumps our ability for a smooth transition into submissive intelligence, in that our mind gets in the way.

Do I require that level of intelligence in a Master? I require a higher level of intelligence than myself, because personally, these are the realms I love to (“play”) exist in. Not “play” in a defiant sense of “brattiness,” but more in an acknowledgement. Kind of like a game of chess. Any game I play, I prefer to play against an opponent better than me. That is where one learns not only the skills on how to become better, but also the art of how to lose with grace, or win with humility. This is where wisdom comes into the equation for me, which although I love your definition, I tend to define more as, putting information/knowledge into practice.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Apr 5, 2021
I find discrimination by age to be far more widespread amongst subs than discrimination by IQ.

I am old and intelligent. (University degree etc.)

I'd far rather be young and stupid.......😂
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 5, 2021
If the computational analogy works for you, then go with it. It is a valid comparison.
If it is too existential or dehumanizing, then instead, consider a partner who is able to quickly and effectively handle a situation which they have no prior experience with. They may start with a failing approach, but will rapidly and efficiently change their plan of attack using pattern recognition and critical analysis. In effect, the ability to rapidly develop wisdom.