Online now
Online now

Intelligence in s types

Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
2 years ago • May 2, 2021
I think any time we discuss making lists of desirable traits in our s-types we have hopped the fence into objectifying s-types no question, and no definition of intelligence matters, because at this point you could sub the intelligence question for a breast size preference, or penis size preference discussion and where those things fall on a list of desirable traits.
I am sorry for you that you do not know the root cause of your posting the question or of it's very obvious implications.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 2, 2021
Well, let us substitute the intelligence question for breast size or penis length.
Is there something wrong with asking these questions, aside from a social distaste for the subject matter?
To say that there is something wrong with these questions would imply that there is something wrong with having the ‘wrong sized breasts’ or an ‘unacceptable penis length’.

These are matters of opinion.

Could your dependence on social norms be narrowing your ability to see the nature of my original question?
Is there something wrong with people who are not necessarily the most intelligent?

The answer is no.

These are simply two different states of being. I could just as easily ask if there is a preference between different personalities. Do you like a bubbly partner, or one who has a cynical humor? It is the same thing, and if you disagree, perhaps you should consider your own views on the privilege of nature and how it warps our judgement.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • May 2, 2021
248 Forum posts about 'Stupid'

174 Forum posts about 'Intelligence'

Stupid wins. Intelligence is shit.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
MisterAshmodai wrote:
Well, let us substitute the intelligence question for breast size or penis length.
Is there something wrong with asking these questions, aside from a social distaste for the subject matter?
To say that there is something wrong with these questions would imply that there is something wrong with having the ‘wrong sized breasts’ or an ‘unacceptable penis length’.

These are matters of opinion.

Could your dependence on social norms be narrowing your ability to see the nature of my original question?
Is there something wrong with people who are not necessarily the most intelligent?

The answer is no.

These are simply two different states of being. I could just as easily ask if there is a preference between different personalities. Do you like a bubbly partner, or one who has a cynical humor? It is the same thing, and if you disagree, perhaps you should consider your own views on the privilege of nature and how it warps our judgement.

It is one of the most gorgeous Sunday mornings I have seen in a long time. Thank you for giving me something to giggle over before I read the paper. My? dependence on social norms. Yes how well you know me. It is an elevated level of discourse that resorts to ad hominum allacks when a person realizes they may not have any other topic. Just blowing ashes around for the sake of it.
Thank you.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • May 2, 2021
"So, for the sake of keeping this thread on point, let’s define wisdom as ‘utilizing information’ and intelligence as ‘the rate at which you process information. The two should not be compared but considered in complement to one another."
.......... In a perfect world, they may compliment each other. And some more evolved people can possess both. However, I think wisdom is far larger than utilizing information. I think wisdom is often found on a soul level. A somber recognition and acceptance that goes beyond simply digesting details. Or perhaps in a Buddist monk, it might be a powerful sense of humility and surrender? (any Buddhist monks out there to extrapolate?)

"Proper grammar, book vs street smarts, and the semantics of labels are all examples of wisdom."
.......... Not in my world. Intelligence is equated with learning because you have to employ a lot of intellectual skills to absorb and employ learned knowledge. The demands of education and learning make your brain better. Not to mention remembering it all in the first place. But that won't make you smart and it won't give you wisdom. There are many Ph.D.'s in academia that are more ego than wisdom. Many professional students as well have learned a lot but cannot apply it in real-world work settings.

"Even education level is only tangentially correlated to intelligence in that deliberate exposure to information improves the development of neural pathways."
.......... And when a hearing person learns a signed language their brains develop new neural pathways. The first being a pathway from the eyes to the language centers of the brain since you are reading signed language not hearing it. But that doesn't make them smarter or more wise in general. And if you fail to use the neural pathways they will redirect to the next greater demand.

"I would also wholeheartedly argue that it is very possible to be sexually attracted to intelligence. Especially coming from a Primal mindset, if I met a prey partner who reacts quickly and adapts to my actions in a way that keeps me moving, that is very attractive to me. If I meet a sub who possesses cunning or wit, that immediately appeals to me."
.......... Wit and wile-ness aren't intelligence. All you're saying is that you need to be entertained by your prey. You like the chase and perhaps bore easily? The assumption that someone can entertain you may be valid to what you seek. But I don't see it relevant in how sapiosexual people relate the term to their interactions.

And when someone shows up in my mail challenging me to entertain them? I am 'smart' enough to delete them.

Bunnie, brilliant response. Just brilliant.

H*
It looks looks I will have to accept that this may have been a bit much; that some are driven more by their need for something to say than the potential of philosophy uninhibited by unnecessary moral restrictions.
I am satisfied with the results I have garnered, and those who understood and hopefully benefited from my offering.

Virginie, if you would like to discuss any other topic, I’m game.
I may not go into the fray with the required knowledge, but I will gain it quickly.
Subtle Hush
I would say that the choice on the part of the monk to embrace humility and surrender comes from a lineage of awareness that humility and surrender are an effective path to inner peace. The first monk to have come upon this realization (Sidharta, whomever) would have employed an ability to determine relevance with significantly less to go on, but following that individual, the prevalence of known information grew with each subsequent iteration. This can effectively be defined as knowledge, even if that knowledge is spiritual in nature.

Your second and third paragraphs are pretty good examples of ‘tangential correlations’.

Wit and wile are both good indicators of intelligence. Sure, an basic wisdom in banter can help, but over time, that reliance becomes obvious. To remain relevant via adaptation is probably the clearest indicator of raw intelligence that there is.
Also, if someone comes to you in the private messaging boards with an argument or opposing point of view, there is a reason for that. Let’s leave that in the private message boards. There is no need to be uncivilized.
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
Sips coffee. Waves.

All been a pretty nice read. Glad it got brought back up, even if for the objective, and thus, bias reasons.

You are each on mark and not, in your own regards and it has been interesting. So thank you.