Online now
Online now

Intelligence in s types

SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 4, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • May 4, 2021
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)

Also, if someone comes to you in the private messaging boards with an argument or opposing point of view, there is a reason for that. Let’s leave that in the private message boards. There is no need to be uncivilized.

Private message boards? No idea what you are referring to. I don't private message people to argue.

And the rest of that? I really don't care if you don't like being disagreed with.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
Hey Mash
There is a difference by the way. Look at your choice of words. "Intelligence in s-types" vs "do you prefer a bubbly partner?"
Can you not see the difference? You can say, if you like, that I'm being nit-picky, or that I'm speaking of semantics but I disagree.
Your original question, and the words you chose shouted objectification to me, and that is the single bone i have to pick.
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 4, 2021
I don’t see the difference. I do not understand how one of those comparisons can be considered objectification and the other not so, unless there is an unwarranted stigmatization of people who are not particularly intelligent. I understand that most people would not want to be described as ‘not particularly intelligent’, but there is nothing wrong with being not particularly intelligent.
Do you prefer a partner who is bubbly or morose? There is definitely a stigma applied to someone who is morose, even though there is nothing wrong with it.

My original question was concerning who would prioritize that as a character trait in an ideal partner.
I do, but not everyone does, and I was curious about how that ratio presents.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
it was not the topic. The topic could have been almost anything. Its the pronouns. If you substitute 's-type' for any number of other designations you may see where I took issue. Perhaps you will not. At first I was going to delve into this much more specifically, and at length, but I'm choosing for now to keep it simple otherwise we go even further away from your original forum topic. For that reason I'm trying to restrict my replies to only that which bothered me in the simplest terms.
Bunnie
Bunnie • May 4, 2021
Is this an example of sapiosexual flirting? icon_biggrin.gif
Get a room already 😛 lol
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 4, 2021
If the issue is the use of the term s-types, I use that term because it is the most generic one I can think of that covers members of the s side of the slash. I do not want to have to keep writing sub/slave/little/pet/masochist/princess/etc. and I do not want anyone to feel left out.

As far as why I used ‘s-type’ instead of just saying ‘partner’, it is because I did not want the forum to be flooded with s-types talking about how smart their D-types are. I have observed that the preference is not equal on both sides. It seems to me that more s-types care about intelligent D-types than D-types care about intelligent s-types. Personally, I think that is kind of fucked up, and as I generally do with things I think are fucked up, I brought it to the light of the forums for discussion.
Kerri36​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021
Kerri36​(sub female) • May 5, 2021
A conversation in itself can be a turn on and have no mention of anything sexual, it’s someone you feel you could connect quickly and easily with. It’s in the rhythm of the back and forth.
Isn’t that sapiosexual? I always assumed it was a connection of the minds more than someone’s actual intelligence, and that connection was one that was wanted and needed.
I could speak with someone that checks off everything I’d like, but I need a certain personality, humor, quick wit, before they can really peak my interest.
BelleMel​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021
BelleMel​(sub female) • May 5, 2021
I consider myself to be sapiosexual in that an attraction to your mind and intelligence is a must for me to be attracted to you. If it doesn't exist, any physical beauty becomes less. As with physical attraction, I believe an individual's attraction to a certain type of intelligence and its' manifestation is a very personal things. Just as with physical attraction, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Watching a carpenter who is especially gifted with spacial intelligence, construct a beautiful space is magical. Listening to a vocalist who blends two songs together on the spot is awe inspiring to me. Neither of these types of intelligence are possessed by me but I find them incredibly attractive. Secondarily, an intelligence that has been indulged and fostered, becomes a passion. Passionate people are beautiful...they light up when they are doing their thing and the energy that radiates from them is addictive.