Online now
Online now

Haunted Forums

Rivermxl
3 years ago • Apr 9, 2021

Haunted Forums

Rivermxl • Apr 9, 2021
While going through some forums, I notice that several of them were started by profiles that no longer exist, and as such; new people go over and provide an input that no longer serves a purpose other than keeping a long abandoned forum topic alive.

Is there a reason for which forums whose OP is no longer around still appear and can be replied to?
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Apr 9, 2021
The conversation can be ongoing despite no longer being directly linked to the OP. That is probably why they are not deleted.
It does get odd at times. I can attest to the experience of taking part in a semi-heated debate on behalf of someone who is no longer on the site.
I think, for the most part, those who start the forum back up simply don’t realize how old the forum is. Actually knowing that the OP is no longer there requires additional steps, so I can see how that would often go unnoticed.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
As I see it . The forums should always be there whether they are ( the poster ) is here or not . Mainly because a good number of them share good info whether it's in the post or replies.

When a person leaves the cage not only is their profile gone but all their blogs but the forum stays. There has been so many great and lovely ppl on both sides of the slash that have left . That had shared so much wisdom in blogs that those here can no longer learn from . And yes there are some that have left or been banned that it's good their stuff is gone .
    The most loved post in topic
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Apr 9, 2021
I'd think there could be a variant of programming that when deleting g a profile it would also delete all activities of that profile, which in turn makes the Administrators job easier
So by going with what you have said , and with what is already happening when you delete " your" account .
Say for example I left. Then all the words that I have share about sub safety , red flags, stories of mine and Wolfs journey and how we got to where we are at ( showing that with hard work its possible to find your ONE and ONLY. not saying I'm any special just blessed to have found mine), ect, ect would be gone.

And I have new subs sent to me and my blogs on a regular from both sides of the slash.
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 10, 2021
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
I "deactivated" my account to take a month or so off last summer or thereabouts.

My profile showed "profile does not exist"--- but in truth it's only "deactivated". Once one logs back in, everything in the profile comes back. As it is all posts remain as does the avatar.

In order to permanently leave the site one must ask an Admin who will then expunge the account. There currently is no "Go Away Forever" button.

I do not know what happens to posts, blog entries or thumbnail avatars in that case, though.

Twice in the past year I got PMs from dudes, but when I went to open them I got a notice that the message was removed as it was sent by "a potentially malicious user"-- I asked about the nature of the message but "mum" was the word. It's the only time they'll dig into your PM box unless someone launches a TOS complaint.

I can't imagine it was any worse than some of the hard-ball(s) shit I got when I first joined and dum-dum-Doms didn't care to read my profile and/or take "No" for an answer.

In general forums don't really clean up old posts. There could very well be posts and blogs in here from back in the beginning of the site, Nov/Dec 2017.

I tend to think threads beyond a year old should be eliminated or locked. Digging them up is "necro'ing" and not smiled upon by forum participants or admins everywhere.
**  "deactivated" my account to take a month or so off last summer or thereabouts.

My profile showed "profile does not exist"--- but in truth it's only "deactivated". Once one logs back in, everything in the profile comes back. As it is all posts remain as does the avatar.

In order to permanently leave the site one must ask an Admin who will then expunge the account. There currently is no "Go Away Forever" button.

I do not know what happens to posts, blog entries or thumbnail avatars in that case, though**

I can tell that a good friend deleted her account ( was a paided member) and everything from her blogs are totally gone . There is NO WAY for any one to see the wise words she had shared on safety and how to go about vetting someone.
Miki
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
Did she deactivate or asked them to permanently delete??

When I deactivated, I could tell my crap was still posted because I zapped the cookies in the browser and looked at the site without signing in.

People without accounts can browse anywhere, they just can't see profiles (well, if one checks the "...only to registered users" button), they can't post, of course or write messages, but they can lurk.

----Side Note: I might start doing that to check out what's on the forums without every Tom Hairy Dick pouncing on my Inbox because I bet somewhere there's a damned bright sign that says: "Miki is Online! Go Get 'er Tiger"---

Sure as fuck seems that way anyway.

Also, paid memberships are by the month at the least, from what I am told, and if one remains deactivated and their paid month expires... I can't say. A question for the Powers that Be.

I have that "Founding Member" premium that doesn't expire and is "on da house"--- as long as I play nice in TOS land, so I can hide for months on end and pop back in with a simple log-in anytime. I asked them before my "hiaitus" last year.... so I wouldn't know what happens to a month-to-month when deactivated unless they pay while absent.

Asking for her account to be deleted outright might have been what happened to your friend's wise posts and blogs.
Miki
Miki • Apr 10, 2021
Wow this site was around almost a year before I joined, and they were still offering the "complimentary premium" in late November 2017.

Anyway I thus have no answer. Maybe after her premium expired and she was out "x" amount of time longer, they zapped her posts.

Did she try to log back in? One might think that it would reactivate even as a "regular user". Her stuff might still be on file.

I am Just guessing. That may have already been tried. In that event, sorry all the wise posts and entries were lost.