Online now
Online now

May December Age gap

Aquilla​(dom male){ • • •. [}
2 years ago • May 1, 2021
When I was in my twenties I had several relationships with older women. Some twice my age and they were great, I learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Plus there wasn't a lot of pressure on the relationship to succeed, nobody expected it too, it was play time.
Now that I have reached my 60's and am newly "on the prowl" again I am exploring the age dynamic. I have spent so much time in the role of husband/dad that relating to younger people I just automatically roll into dad mode, that is appealing to some younger women so I guess there is a niche for me there.
But how young is too young? If I draw a line say at 40 and a really appealing 38 year old shows up well the line gets redrawn. Currently the line has been pushed down to 31, okay, my oldest daughter is 33, am I a creep? Am I wrong?
I guess in a world where other people's opinions matter, I am.
As for youth and vigor, there are ways to deal with that.
While it is hard to imagine dating an eighteen year old, I guess that is the real line.
Ms MaryJane{NOT LOOKIN}
Ms MaryJane{NOT LOOKIN} • May 1, 2021
I will be the first to admit I am an agist. This is mostly due to my career I just ended at the end of last year. I worked with children and youth for 20 years. So in my head younger equals holy schnikes they could have been one of my kids on my caseload and it just weirds me out. I also am not a fan of too much older. Born in 77 I like to stay within my decade...but will say I do have an age range of 39-54
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • May 1, 2021
When younger I preferred older, more than 10 years because of experience. ( with the exception of my first husband)
After becoming single a few years ago at 49, I quickly discovered I clicked with younger men. Part of it is physical vitality but much more is the hunger for life. My zest has not diminished and I prefer someone with a similar vibe.
    The most loved post in topic
FirmGentleman​(dom male)
FirmGentleman​(dom male) • May 1, 2021
I'm early 40's, and try to stick to women 30-40. I find a lot of the younger women are more wishy washy, come and go from the lifestyle, often decide to get a boyfriend their own age and ghost, or just plain like to party to much and become unreliable/unsuitable partners. I don't see women older than me.
OraclePollon​(sub female){NotYours}
I am always thinking about the future, and the unfortunate part of age, is that it only works in one direction. As someone who is looking for 20+ years with someone, starting off too high, just means that complications need to be factored into my decision. That is when the "do you have any medical conditions" and all the not sexy conversations need to happen today. I find a lot of older gentlemen even get offended when you want to know what their plan of virility is for the next 10 years and on.

This tends to have me staying within 10 years on either side of my coin when looking for a partner. Otherwise, mentally, I have dated people 10+ years who act like they are still in high school and do not have collaborative personalities (see them everywhere in blogs too 😆) and people 10 years younger than me (maybe I am biased in my current relationship) who are capable of planning for their future and know fundamentally what their goals are and where their morals lay.

Same with the ladies, of course.
Miki
Miki • May 1, 2021
"Relationships" in my case and current wants are of the intellectual variety not physical, where "intellectual" does not necessarily mean high level loft I Q bullshit, just reasonable everyday convo. In that light I prefer older than myself. Not knocking the 20-something set or even those "my age"-- mid-late 30s. It's just that their interests do not mesh with mine, that's all.

Hypothetically, should a friendship become physical, then age is a bit more than "just a number" as not only does the "ability to perform" and more importantly "interest in it" shift downward during the walk of life, there is the added factor of an older partner wanting to please, and the reduced ability to rise to the occasion, so to speak, becoming a cause of frustration and discomfort for him. I don't want to cause such to be the case.

and yes, though many are loath to admit it, looks / attractiveness does play a role, not just at first but also during intimacy.

An extreme example, yes, but what woman can thoroughly complete the experience when they look up and see that they're being boned by Skeletor?

Not P. C. but it is me being completely honest.

It's human nature, some visuals are as much a turn off as having a bucket of ice water thrown on ya.
The Other Side​(dom male)
The Other Side​(dom male) • May 1, 2021
As long as it’s legal then anything goes to be fair.
I really do believe that age is just a number, if it makes two people happy and fulfilled, go for it
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 1, 2021
I think as long as someone is physically capable then I don't have an upper age range as such. Regarding lower I do have reservations, as it has to date, for me, not been a good experience with those below 25ish. I have dipped my toe here, after I was approached, as I don't approach myself, and my experiences have made me wary. Of course a few bad experiences are not representative of everyone, so its not a hard limit.
CSI
CSI
CSI • May 1, 2021
I have swung 20+ years either way (ages have been 20-64), but I think if I were to start a relationship/dynamic I would want someone not so much younger, so maybe 35-60-ish? Like Dllion said above, it's more about the connection than the numbers. We need to have things in common and there needs to be a maturity level that I haven't yet found in those much younger than that.