Online now
Online now

Using a safe word

BikerDan​(other male)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021
BikerDan​(other male) • May 5, 2021
I used to allow them, but hated having to stop when it was used - I have found a lot of subs couldn't handle me.
Now I won't use them at all - I do consent and any limits up front and that's it set or I won't meet.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • May 5, 2021
BikerDan​(other male)

I used to allow them, but hated having to stop when it was used - I have found a lot of subs couldn't handle me.
All the more reason to talk a lot and have a safe word or stop-gap system in place. Your statement sounds very selfish.
I always use a safe word with new partners. We have to learn each other. I will say that I've had to use my yellow or red safewords seldom. But an off day, new medicine, or change in your wellness that is not within your radar could surprise what you can tolerate and what you can't. Those things change.
Men who don't allow them, are quickly dismissed. Too often men like that are thinking only for themselves and when something goes wrong they argue that they are only human.

Yet their denial of a safeword implies that they know more about you than you do and that is BS and dangerous.
    The most loved post in topic
BikerDan​(other male)
There is always risk involved when a safe word is not used - part of the attraction for some.
I have met several subs who wanted 'raped', and I duly obliged - a safe word would have ruined the scene.
Two of the subs I had never met previously, and everything worked out great every time.

Communication is very important to discuss urges, needs, likes, limits, etc...before meeting.

We all have needs, urges and desires and it can be very hard to satisfy the more extreme ones.
Veejay​(dom male){No Vacancy}
I’m constantly encouraging my partner to test her limits. We’ve been together a long time, and I know her better than anyone. But I miss the mark sometimes. Knowing she has a way to call things off lets me relax as much as it does her. We’re both growing, and thus changing, so getting too comfortable has to be guarded against. In scenes, and in life.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • May 5, 2021
I think they should and must apply always and to all types of dynamics. I for one would not wish to be involved with someone who won't use or doesn't like them.
BikerDan​(other male)
Some subs I have found, get their kicks by handing full control over without restriction.
I understand that people do need a safe word when taking things further than 'normal', but there are some out there that have a deep urge to be taken to that place WAY past the 'normal' line, and they find it so difficult to find a genuine top who would do that.
A sub like this, many many years ago, begged me to take him down without any way to stop me until I was done.
I was reluctant at first, but eventually gave in. It was amazing for both of us.
knknn
knknn • May 5, 2021
I agree 💯 master
Slpnot​(switch male){Haven't be}
Yes the loss of control is a dynamic that most neophytes do not understand . it is a spice nobody can describe the taste . When you're tied up and realize you cannot escape without help . that anything can be done to you , then your sights taken away, ability to talk and then you're hearing . Your mind explodes that feeling has driven me to many things .