Online now
Online now

Locals

SubmittingToU​(sub male)
2 years ago • May 5, 2021

Locals

SubmittingToU​(sub male) • May 5, 2021
Is anyone else having problems meeting somebody local. I live in NJ and we have been pretty much been shut down over a year. These sites are hit miss. mostly misses. I would guess 60 percent of the profiles are fake or people that created a profile one night just to never sign on again. this last year has really gotten yo me mentally. I need to get back out in the real world. I want to meet new people, put this pandemic behind me and start a new chapter of my life.
Laylamini​(dom female)
Laylamini​(dom female) • May 5, 2021
I feel the same way. The Massachusetts/ Rhode Island area has slowly started opening up, but last year was one hell of a terrible time for social interaction. I hope you're well & stay safe, during these crazy times. Also, before the pandemic I would frequent NY every few weeks or so. If things get back to normal, I'm always down for a hangout if you're willing to travel to NY! 😊
SubmittingToU​(sub male)
SubmittingToU​(sub male) • May 5, 2021
I am willing to travel anywhere at this point. I have never been a homebody. thanks for the kind words. I hope you stay safe also. I would love to have lunch or something with you.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • May 5, 2021
Keep in mind the differences between your wants and needs. I want a draft beer between my lips and my cue within my grip, but I need to be covid free so I don't infect my family. If you can't hold out till you've had your time with both shots then you can still be safe with tested ppl in one-on-one conditions. Or just be like everyone else and do what you want regaurdless of the consequences.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 6, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • May 6, 2021
There are quite a few groups in NJ, Phila, and DE

If you go on fetlife and search groups in NJ you will find many come up and some are opening up soon.
Miki
2 years ago • May 7, 2021
Miki • May 7, 2021
Since I go either way, (M/F or kink/vanilla) I (pre-COVID) never had a lot of trouble meeting people, and not just in the usual scene, the ever-present bar or club. Simply easier for me because I didn't care which of either "options" listed above I wound up with.

In your case if you're looking for specifically BDSM minded people, what with the limitations on venues and the overall caution/avoidance still prevailing, your best bet is to either wait this shit out or travel.

But the catch with travelling is if you meet someone you click with, you end up with a distance relationship. Conversely, if you roll the "I'll Drive Miles for Smiles" dice (with or without "pudgy" cheeks) -- and come up snake-eyes you've just flushed a whole late afternoon and evening down life's crapper with just the steering wheel to hold and talk to.

But to accentuate the positive and assume your hypothetical trip is a fruitful one and you find a good match, or one with promise, what you have is that "distance" relationship.

You'll want to take that into account. Any spur of the moment "Let's have lunch!" stuff is not practical if either must drive "x" number of hours to see the other for a casual get-together, which I found to be a very positive part of a relationship, --back when I was into those. -- "Spontaneity" makes the world go 'round. You'd both have to do without things like that for the most part.

----------------------

But you never know! Perhaps you'll meet one who really rings your bell to the point where a "weekend romance" arrangement works out and develops to the point where one moves closer to the other.

Sorry, that's the shiniest 2 cents I can come up with on this one. It's still a tough time for social interaction.

Hang in there!!
    The most loved post in topic
SubmittingToU​(sub male)
2 years ago • May 7, 2021
SubmittingToU​(sub male) • May 7, 2021
I love traveling so if I do and it is not a match at least I got to see somewhere new. hopefully covid will be over soon so everything can get back to normal. thanks for responses.