Online now
Online now

Have you found a measure of freedom?

SageFlame​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 27, 2021

Have you found a measure of freedom?

SageFlame​(sub female) • May 27, 2021
What makes it free?

Interested in what this question brings to mind, if anything.
K y i v
2 years ago • May 29, 2021
K y i v • May 29, 2021
I have pondered this... I will ponder it some more.

Share your insights Sage?
SageFlame​(sub female)

Insights

SageFlame​(sub female) • May 29, 2021
I'm still kneading the bread on this one. I purposely didn't share my thoughts because I didn't want to influence responses.

I can wait months for one authentic answer. No rush.
K y i v
K y i v • May 29, 2021
I am sure my twisted mind will form a thought in time. Thank you for the pondering.
Invisible​(sub female){Owned}
I have, in fact.
My Master has given me the freedom to be completely visible to him. I have never felt anything but total acceptance from him.
He sees all of me. To be honest it's a little disconcerting what he sees considering the physical distance between us.
It has carried over into everyday life in a few ways - attitude being one.

He gently presses me to be less invisible here, but I'm comfortable in the shadows.
    The most loved post in topic
Veejay​(dom male){No Vacancy}
Yes. Her acceptance, and even desire, of my darkness is freedom for me. Having someone know me that fully and still choose to give me the trust that is her submission--there’s no greater honor.
Sir'smisty​(sub female)
2 years ago • May 31, 2021
Sir'smisty​(sub female) • May 31, 2021
For me freedom came later in life.

As someone who is neuro divergent, I've always struggled to understand groups of people, their habits and little social niceties. I often felt like someone sent out a memo and forgot to Cc me.

Then I found BDSM.
Suddenly I found clearly defined boundaries, not because of some rule outside of my understanding, but negotiated, spelled out and absolutely clear-cut.
I learned to understand hierarchies in power dynamics in the corporal world and it was as if I stepped into a space filled with air and light.

I found the legend to the map, the rule book.
I found freedom to be completely open to those I've negotiated it with, bound up in those limits and protocols and in that, freedom is mine.

Freedom is never free. It comes at a price, but it is a price I willingly pay.
LoyalWolf​(sub male)
2 years ago • Jun 2, 2021
LoyalWolf​(sub male) • Jun 2, 2021
I think mistyxgirl said it better than I ever could.

It is the clearly defined boundaries and rules that I like and understand. They make sense to my brain.
I am not as exaggerated as the character of Sheldon on big bang theory, but the social interactions of large groups of people was never easy for me. Better at it now, but in my younger years it was kind of challenging.

Certain things make sense now though.... like why I was so comfortable with the rigid martial arts training in my youth. Yes sir; No sir. Just did what my coaches told me and I got results. And makes sense why I was always comfortable around computers.

Have I found a measure of freedom? My brain interprets this question very differently. I think that I've always had freedom.
I tend to think of other things that have meaning for me - Purpose, companionship, acceptance.
LordofPain56
2 years ago • Jun 4, 2021

Re: Have you found a measure of freedom?

LordofPain56 • Jun 4, 2021
SageFlame wrote:
What makes it free?

God gave man freedom at creation.
Over the centuries, worldly kingdoms (the Babylonian empire, followed by the Medo-Persian empire, followed by the Greek Empire, followed by the Roman Empire) which was eventually snuffed out by the Ottoman empire, but a divided Roman empire remained all over Europe who's head was the Pope at the Vatican in Rome. The Papacy was the most oppressive of all. By contrast king Cyrus of the Medo-Persian empire was the first to grant freedom of religion to all people in the kingdom. The Papacy forbid anyone to have a Bible or even a portion of it, so that the peasants would be ignorant of the truth in the word of God, and would be forced to do as the papacy commanded. In the early 1500's, Martin Luther found a Bible chained to a church wall, broke the chains, read it and repudiated many of the churches teachings and the Protestant reformation was born. The Papacy retaliated and send millions of "heretics" to their deaths over a couple hundred years. In the late 1700's, Napoleon Bonaparte, king of France set out to conquer the world and brought an end to the dark ages of the Papacy for a while.
It was around this time that the founding fathers of our country sought to throw off the yoke of oppression and drafted a Constitution that included a Bill-of-Rights, restoring freedom of speech, religion, and rejected the caste system of the old world.
But in the past 100 years, we have seen more and more of our precious freedoms being eroded.
The United Nations is ever more encroaching upon our sovereign rights.
The FICA tax withholdings took away our freedom to choose our own retirement investments and savings.
Beurocracies embedded in the deep-state government tell us what we can and cant do daily.
Political correctness, shadow banning, and cancelling dictate how we are allowed to speak.
Obamacare took away our freedom to choose our own doctors and healthcare insurance and more than doubled the cost of health care.
Many high-profile injustices have been perpetrated against innocent people by the government.
The Constitution has been made void. The new-world order is here and there's far less freedom to be found than when we started.
LoyalWolf​(sub male)
2 years ago • Jun 4, 2021
LoyalWolf​(sub male) • Jun 4, 2021
LordofPain56,
I am loathe to bring up politics in this discussion, but I agree that you do have a point. But you must also have a little hope and optimism. Just as there are people working and coming up with ways to take our freedoms, there are many that are actively working on preserving them.

The desire for freedom is strong in all people. Despite the best efforts of certain organizations and governments, it is impossible to control the flow of information in this day and age. The truth eventually comes out. They cant keep people oppressed the way they did in the dark ages.