Online now
Online now

BDSM and Christianity

cherilynn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jul 16, 2021
cherilynn​(sub female) • Jul 16, 2021
I am so sorry to hear about the dweebs harrassing your inbox.
Block and delete are your friends in this and just about any other unsavory online experience unless you choose otherwise.

I am happy to see that there are many Christians here! I personally have never had an issue reconciling my faith and my kink but I do have a problem with a judgemental attitude. This is a bdsm site afterall.
Better to live and let live.
Maxorde{Not lookin}
2 years ago • Jul 16, 2021
Maxorde{Not lookin} • Jul 16, 2021
My personal belief is that both can, and do, coexist. My hopes and prayers that you find a good Christian gentleman to live that life with you. He’s out there, I’m certain of it.
cynthiajoy
2 years ago • Aug 16, 2021
cynthiajoy • Aug 16, 2021
i can totally understand anyone's believe and commitment to serving and honoring their Creator. When it comes down to the point of negotiation, meaning more than a play date, i talk of my needs for God in my life when we take about "hard limits". It is, to me, only a few minutes a day. It has never been an issue with the women i have encountered. i just say something like, "Only God is higher than you Ma'am".

In the Christian bible it is littered with references to masters and slaves so it was quite common and accepted. So the bible doesn't condemn slavery, but it leaves instructions on how to treat them. i could go on, but i will leave more education to your bible study or where you are feed.

we can be Christians or an other faith believer and have bdsm in our life. To me there is no conflict. Although i might add that life would be easier if we were not unequally yoked in the faith part.
sweetbutsour
2 years ago • Feb 21, 2022
sweetbutsour • Feb 21, 2022
Dear sister in Christ,

I applaud your courage and dedication to stay a virgin before marriage. In this sexually filled generation, it must be hard. May God give you strength.

There was an old thread about this topic you may find helpful. But I have not found anyone I agree 100% on this topic yet. https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1658&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
tallslenderguy​(other male)
2 years ago • Feb 21, 2022

Re: BDSM and Christianity

Rosybeth wrote:
I just want to know what goes through one's mind when one reads that someone is a Christian and is also into BDSM. I ask because I explicitly state in my profile that I love the Lord and that I would only want a biblical relationship, yet I encounter fella after fella sending me totally inappropriate messages and images. I am well aware that this is bound to happen once in a while, but it occurs so much that it has me scratching my head a little.

Is it that other people on this site who claim to be Christian have no issue with swearing and talking about/having sex outside of marriage? Is it that I am not taken seriously? Is it a lack of understanding/concern? I will be updating my profile to make it clear that I am more conservative with regard to the aforementioned topics, but I am curious and would like to get some thoughts on this.

"What goes through [this] ones mind" is essentially the same as what goes through my mind with anyone: i.e., i am speaking with an individual, not a standardized, universal belief system. To me, the core messages of Jesus is/was love. It's instructive to me that Jesus' followers were prostitutes and "sinners." The prim and proper religious people of Jesus' time would ridicule and take a superior attitude pointing out that Jesus kept company with "sinners." They used that to try and marginalize Jesus. To me, Jesus didn't show tolerance, let alone favor, for religious folk.

Jesus response to the religious of his age was less than flattering and not accepting. He did not have a live and let live attitude, rather he referred to the religious of his age with terms like "whited sepulchers, vipers brew, hypocrites, etc.."

my read is one of Jesus main complaints with the religious culture of his age was who they endeavored to follow a law carved on stone vs the law of love written on the heart. Rules, regulations, standards vs love. To me, Jesus core message of love requires one to look, listen, see and hear, not the label, but the person.

i recently dated a guy who identified as "Christian," and was very fond of fundamentalist preachers. When i asked him how he reconciled their condemnation of him being gay, he told me it was irrelevant. While i did not agree with or follow his beliefs, they did not preclude me having a relationship with him. As it turned out, the opposite was not true. And i sort of get that. To him, his Christianity was not a belief, it was an identity. i identify as "total bottom" and will not try and have a romantic tangle with another bottom. To me, that is a question, not of superiority, but a matter of being "unequally yoked."
sweetbutsour
2 years ago • Feb 23, 2022

sweetbutsour • Feb 23, 2022
"What goes through [this] ones mind" is essentially the same as what goes through my mind with anyone: i.e., i am speaking with an individual, not a standardized, universal belief system. To me, the core messages of Jesus is/was love. It's instructive to me that Jesus' followers were prostitutes and "sinners." The prim and proper religious people of Jesus' time would ridicule and take a superior attitude pointing out that Jesus kept company with "sinners." They used that to try and marginalize Jesus. To me, Jesus didn't show tolerance, let alone favor, for religious folk.
[/quote]

It is often misunderstood about Jesus’s attitude towards sin. He loves and forgives sinners but also warned them to sin no more.

JOHN 5:14-15 14 Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “Look, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing happen to you.” 15 The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

SweetbutPoison wrote:

It is often misunderstood about Jesus’s attitude towards sin. He loves and forgives sinners but also warned them to sin no more.

JOHN 5:14-15 14 Afterward, Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “Look, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing happen to you.” 15 The man went away and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well.

John 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.[/quote]

To me, the scariest People are those who are convinced they understand Jesus.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 23, 2022
This is an incredibly difficult topic, and its a matter of conscience, interpretation and trying to square a circle.

There are numerous denominations and sects, and not a lot of unity among those groups of people. On one side we have incredibly conservative people, who dont even acknowledge the gifts of the spirit (they feel that period ending with the death of the last apostles) and on the other groups that don't even acknowledge the trinity. There is a massive diversity of views on sexuality not surprisingly, never mind theology.

The orthodox, conservative view is well known, so I won’t repeat it here, which leaves a lot of people outside that, those who are LGBTQ+, polyamorous, into kink, BDSM etc. The conservative view leaves people in a position, which I don’t feel is realistic, for people outside the orthodox to be celibate, otherwise they are sining, with that being a gift not all can practice, because they have not been given it. So what is the answer. There isn’t one in my view, as there are way too many variables, though again conservatives will have a very black and white set of answers as I have alluded to.

This is a matter of personal struggle, and being comfortable in the light of maybe being wrong with the choices made.
sweetbutsour

sweetbutsour • Feb 23, 2022
tallslenderguy wrote:

There is nothing scary about me. I am just a regular person with compassion for people. 😊 And it’s not hard to understand HIM.

I agree with your point on religious people. Religious/legalistic people are prideful and God hates pride. It’s a fine line and there is a ditch on either side.

For the “Christian man” you dated, very interesting experience and thanks for sharing. It’s like an ethnic identity instead of belief. The thing I don’t understand is why he likes fundamental preachers.
2 years ago • Feb 24, 2022

SweetbutPoison wrote:
tallslenderguy wrote:

There is nothing scary about me. I am just a regular person with compassion for people. 😊 And it’s not hard to understand HIM.

I agree with your point on religious people. Religious/legalistic people are prideful and God hates pride. It’s a fine line and there is a ditch on either side.

For the “Christian man” you dated, very interesting experience and thanks for sharing. It’s like an ethnic identity instead of belief. The thing I don’t understand is why he likes fundamental preachers.

Yes, people who speak of "knowing" and "understanding" Jesus, who make no real distinction between belief and knowledge, are scary to me.

There's much discussion on this site about the challenges of communication online or in person, how hard it is to get to know someone and how common misunderstanding is. Yet re "Jesus" we are referring to understanding someone using second hand information, translated from ancient languages, written by people who did not actually have face time with Jesus either. To me that is similar to me claiming to understand you and have a relationship with you based on stuff others have written about you and are claiming to quote you here in The Cage.

It's hard enough to have understanding and relationship with someone one can substantiate with the human capacity of the senses, someone who writes back or visits and we can have face time. There's no way i've ever seen or heard of to substantiate having a relationship or understanding of "Jesus," it's a belief.