Online now
Online now

Allergies

SageFlame​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jun 18, 2021
SageFlame​(sub female) • Jun 18, 2021
@ Manda Panda
" I tried almoldmilk the other day and it wasn't good. I mean, it was good tasting, but my stomach did not like it."

Many times it's the processing that creates the irritant. If you like to experiment in the kitchen making your own milk is pretty simple.

Rice milk can be adjusted to your taste and is the most economical. I used to put just a drop of molasses in mine. Things like that can make a big difference in flavor. Even the type of salt you add.

Maybe trying different brands of non dairy milks too. Not all milk is made the same way nor are they very similar in taste and texture.
Manda Panda​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jun 18, 2021
Manda Panda​(sub female) • Jun 18, 2021
SageFlame wrote:
@ Manda Panda
" I tried almoldmilk the other day and it wasn't good. I mean, it was good tasting, but my stomach did not like it."

Many times it's the processing that creates the irritant. If you like to experiment in the kitchen making your own milk is pretty simple.

Rice milk can be adjusted to your taste and is the most economical. I used to put just a drop of molasses in mine. Things like that can make a big difference in flavor. Even the type of salt you add.

Maybe trying different brands of non dairy milks too. Not all milk is made the same way nor are they very similar in taste and texture.

I'm on a journey of non-dairy milk discovery lol
I just bought some lactose-free milk I'm going to try. And I'm going to try different brands, like you said. Maybe I'll get one of my kids to join me. I know my son would.
rebeltoya​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jun 19, 2021
rebeltoya​(sub female) • Jun 19, 2021
I am lactose intolerant, don't consume seafood what so ever apart from fish . Suffer from seasonal allergies
Jocelin​(switch female)
2 years ago • Jun 20, 2021
Jocelin​(switch female) • Jun 20, 2021
Someone on the thread mentioned ability to find gear that is all stainless steal. I have not been able to find items like cuffs and collars where the rivets are all stainless they are all coming back with nickel plated, even if the main d rings and such are stainless. Where have you found this all stainless gear?
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
@ Joselin, I'm Aussie so buy local to me (for those AU Eagle Leather Melb are great at answering questions). Friends in the States use Esty (and ask or pay to have it made) and stockroom, stockroom isn't nickel free but they do tend to say/advertise what things are made off. Extreme restraints are also the same and clearly mark etc item. Its not easy to find and unfortunately does take time. Ive found price is good indicator, if its cheap chances are its nickel plated. I'm hoping someone else local to you will chime in
WhatamIfightingfor​(dom male)
Before a medical professional chimes in, yes I do know that technically there are hypersensitivity, such as to to nickle, and is not an allergy, but for the generic public and how they are managed with over lap heavily.

I am really liking all the useful information that is being shared. Keep it up.
Zhivago
Zhivago • Jun 20, 2021
Horses. I can't get within a hundred yards of them. Here in texas, that has stopped quite a few relationships from going forward
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Jun 20, 2021
@Zhivago "Horses. I can't get within a hundred yards of them. Here in texas, that has stopped quite a few relationships from going forward"

So sorry to hear of the deal breaker moments. Awful!

Horses are such magnificent animals! Seriously, a moment of pause came when I read this post.
Steve DOM KENT UK​(dom male)
I suffer from skeeter syndrome.

NOT ONLY MOSQUITOS BUT ALL BITING INSECTS IN ALL COUNTRIES, A bite with the itch lasts a week at least unless it infects and lasts a month.

Skeeter syndrome (papular urticaria) is a localized allergic reaction to mosquito/insect bites, consisting of inflammation and sometimes fever. It is caused by allergenic polypeptides in mosquito/biting insect's saliva and therefore is not contagious. It is one of several forms of allergic responses to bites termed mosquito bite allergies.

Clinical examination alone cannot distinguish between a response caused by infection, such as cellulitis, and skeeter syndrome. However, skeeter syndrome usually progresses over the course of hours versus cellulitis, which typically evolves over the course of several days. As such, accurate history is imperative when making the diagnosis.