Online now
Online now

Protector Role

DiscoveringMe​(sub female){Cocooned}
2 years ago • Jul 2, 2021

Protector Role

Hello,

It was suggested to me that I get the thoughts on my fellow submissives on the role of a Protector. Understanding that with BDSM there is rarely one set way to do anything, I'm curious to know what you see a Protector as. What are the primary roles? The Do's and Don'ts?
CSI
CSI
2 years ago • Jul 3, 2021
CSI • Jul 3, 2021
A protector is usually one who guards the submissive either when the dominant is unavailable or when they do not have a dominant. My understanding is that they are generally in place for in person meetings where the submissive may be overwhelmed. Places like a munch or a dungeon where the submissive may be taken advantage of. The protector may help in basic vetting, but there is a fine line between being a protector and acting as the submissives dominant. The protector is not there to groom, to fondle, or to fuck the submissive. The protector must have the submissives best interests at heart and know what they need, want, and require and be open-minded to honestly assess people that are approaching, rather than being jealous and wanting the submissive all for themselves. Just my two cents
domwolf6969
2 years ago • Jul 4, 2021

Predator or protectector ?

domwolf6969 • Jul 4, 2021
Dom is predator by nature until and unless what is he looking for. Once he got his perfect prey then he is protector for her from others.
domwolf6969
domwolf6969 • Jul 4, 2021
Depends on the nature of Dom. Most inferior doms are protected to their own prey only, they have fear to loose or not able to handle sexuality of their subs.
alawey​(sub female){(OWNED BY }
@ domwolf:A Dom is and should protect of his sub. But not to the amount where it is an acting of being jelly or insecure. Although I feel YOU have missed what the forum was truely about.

The forum was about the role of a protector . Which is different than a Dom by like 1000%.

So let me explain a Protector is alot like CSI states. And can be a male or female, a Dom or sub. It was also my understanding that it was basically for meeting s ( munches and such) that happen in "real time" . There have been / is protectors on here . Or subs tat have them. Basically in my opinion when its online protection. The protector help with vetting along with guidance for the sub.

A protector should NEVER become the subs Dom because that was / shouldn't have been the point.
    The most loved post in topic
ErosRising​(dom male){Hekate}
Agree with CSI on her interpretation. A Protector is a position that is assumed by a person that the submissive respects and trusts will have their best interests in mind. This can include public functions, online interactions, and vetting (should the submissive so choose).

At no time is a Protector to be any type of Dom to that submissive, as they are 2 totally different areas. It is the Protectors responsibility to safeguard the well being of the submissive. If the submissive has a Dom, the Dom will usually appoint or agree upon a Protector in the case that the Dom cannot be present at a function. But the submissive is never the Protectors. Protector and submissive is not a Dynamic.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jul 4, 2021
To me it is a red flag if someone suggests or volunteers themselves to be your protector or even mentor.

I see the protector role as someone who has your back in the kink community. If you are at a munch and feel uncomfortable by the person you are talking to then the protector steps in to get you out of the situation. They might also be there for play negotiations and watching you do pick up play so you don’t get hurt, molested or there is a break in the negotiations.

They might also be there to give you advice or even a shoulder to cry on.

DW
Miki
2 years ago • Jul 5, 2021
Miki • Jul 5, 2021
HI!

Dr. Wakko is usually an idiot (HA Ha, I love him)

But he is spot-on with his assessment.

A "protector" has to have established a trusting relationship with you.

(Even then, it's risky usiness~!)

Surrender your bod, your tits, your snatch-- I always do!!

... But Never the Financial Keys"!

Make the Meaty Mate Earn It!