Online now
Online now

Im a new Dom, with an more experienced sub.

Ingénue{VK}
2 years ago • Aug 29, 2021
Ingénue{VK} • Aug 29, 2021
It's fun when a Dom gets ranty at sound advice.

Here's hoping the OP can read and learn from both what he agrees with as well as what challenges his current perspective.

Pity his allegedly 'experienced' sub if not.

The initial post, whilst full of the to-be-expected questions and slightly wince-inducing erroneous assumptions of the beginner (all of which have their place, as we all are learning), encouraged me because here is someone who is looking for resources and support. That I can respect.

The subsequent rejection of a finely-crafted response?

Oh well.
fandan
fandan • Aug 29, 2021
cherilynn wrote:
I'm sorry. You aren't going to like my answer to your questions but I am going to post my opinion anyway.

I feel from reading your post that you don't quite know yourself yet and are still coming to terms with the dominant part of your personality. I get the feeling as if you are almost afraid of that side of you.

Over on fetlife there is a wonderful obedience training group. Within that group, there is a living slave training guide written by Dominus_Nox.
A poster there asked him how she should go about finding the right dominant partner. This is a part of his response. It is long but worth the read.

"...Look at the foundation of a man's dominance, especially his psychological integrity. A lot of men want to be dominant or at least be seen as dominant and these men usually utilize some socially acceptable attributes to convince you, i.e. their intelligence, their experience, sometimes their physics or their success. These Dominants are often misleading, because they lack the true connection to their own dominant side and try to fix it with other skills.

The foundation of true dominance is always a primal one, much more instinct than skill, much more cunning than intelligent, much more fundamental than just a character trait. The reason why D/s is so hot, is because it touches something primal in us, it excites us, without particular reason. You are looking for a man who's dominant, because he is in close touch with his primal self and has accepted and embraced it unconditionally.

So far the theory. In practice you can see the foundation of someones dominance within a group. Someone who is disconnected to his primal self generates a sense of superiority and distance within a group (or fails miserably trying). Someone who is close to his primal self instead will inspire a group without particular effort and radiate a sense of closeness without particular reasons.

The reason for this lies in the different levels dominance can be settled in within a person. If someone is "dominant", because he is intelligent, then his dominance will always speak the language of the consciousness and therefore is limited to dominate your consciousness. If someone is "dominant", because he kinda is horny, has lots of fantasies and loves to dominante in them, then his dominance speaks the language of the subconsciousness and is therefore limited to dominante your subconsciousness (and most of the time mess with your own inner daemons and desires). Only on the primal level will his dominance speak the language of unconsciousness will he reach that deep primal part in you, that understands true submission. You will know it then, because you will feel like prey to him and at the same time will feel happy and safe and understood for the first time, without reason. There will be no reason to explain his dominance and your submission..." Dominus_Nox

When you truly know yourself then you will understand that a relationship isn't a project, it is primal, instinctual.
Then you will be ready to meet her.

Good luck

Thank you for such an insightful reply, this is very helpful.

We have not started our dynamic yet, and will not be starting it for a long time. I have a lot of reading to do, and we have a lot of work to do to get to know one another, learn to trust and then start developing from their.

I am at this stage just wanting to learn. Possibly I took the wrong approach in my initial post, and maybe didn’t come across right, however I thank you for your respectful response.
fandan
fandan • Aug 29, 2021
KittyisWatching wrote:
I'm not sorry for my opinion. The only thing I'm sorry for is that I'm not giving it to the submissive in this instance instead of the Dominant.

I was her. I entered into a dynamic with someone that had no experience being in a dynamic or in any type of play session. He had never had any kind of participation in our world and was unprepared for a dynamic but like an idiot, I went forward with it.

I guess what they say about hindsight is true.

He identified as a brat tamer and was not one. He identified as a Daddy but really only got pleasure from the name not the actual role. Everything he thought he was...was wrong.

And how did he find out these truths about himself and his Dominant headspace?

In the end it was by hurting me. I turned into an experiment for him to decide what his real likes and dislikes were because I had been in the lifestyle since I was 17 and had the experience in different play styles and such so that he could easily experience many different types.

You are seriously going to hurt someone with the attitude you seem to have taken.

The "Dom/sub relationship should be apparent in the Kink Chat"?

What Dom/sub relationship? You haven't met. You can't truly connect on that level until you have...many times for long periods of time.

And you're going to lay out your kinks for her? No. You'll lay out what sounds interesting to you. You'll lay out things that the idea of turn you on. But until you fill in those ideas with experiences of them, you won't be able to know if that's a true kink for you.

How do you remain charming boyfriend and successfully masterful? Uh. You don't. If what she wants is a Dom...then that is what she will consider to be charming boyfriend material. If you mean in public, there are ways to exercise Dominance and having it appear to just be a gentlemanly protective boyfriend.

Your post honestly stresses me out that you have decided to enter a dynamic with no experience. Not only that, but a sub you say is experienced is allowing you to do that with her.

Thanks for this. Again we have not entered the dynamic yet. I’m merely researching.

As part of this research I have found a lot of good resources, and I have found a lot of bad.

Thank you for your personal experiences, this is very useful. I will look At this closely and carefully.
fandan
fandan • Aug 29, 2021
Ingénue wrote:
It's fun when a Dom gets ranty at sound advice.

Here's hoping the OP can read and learn from both what he agrees with as well as what challenges his current perspective.

Pity his allegedly 'experienced' sub if not.

The initial post, whilst full of the to-be-expected questions and slightly wince-inducing erroneous assumptions of the beginner (all of which have their place, as we all are learning), encouraged me because here is someone who is looking for resources and support. That I can respect.

The subsequent rejection of a finely-crafted response?

Oh well.

I think you might struggle to find any rants in my posts.

I am looking to learn here, if my post was insensitive then I can only apologise for that. I merely unloaded my stream of consciousness thoughts based on my reading at that time.

Also I get off on learning, which maybe explains a lot.

I am a 40 plus male who has never been in a fulfilling. Relationship, and has never fully understood why, until now.

People should think of my original post as the brain dump of an excited puppy.who finally can make a sense of a lot of heartache and issues.

My ‘cookie cutter’ approach was me striving to inform where I was at, what level of knowledge I did have.

I have been moved by the responses which have spoken of their personal hell at the hands of some. This is why i am here, with an open mind wishing to learn.

The thing that has got to me is the assumptions that have been made here about things which are perceptions in thr mind of the reader. Not actualities.

I am happy to take my medicine, and I will continue to respond to all posts, and I will study them intently. What I will not get involved with is disrespectful, judgemental and patronising responses. I will however thank that person for their advice, and move on.

Thanks for realising that I’m not a complete lost cause. People have no idea how hard it is to come onto a site like this and post for the first time.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Aug 29, 2021
KittyisWatching​(sub female)
5 hours ago • 08/29/2021 2:34 am
"I'm not sorry for my opinion. The only thing I'm sorry for is that I'm not giving it to the submissive in this instance instead of the Dominant."

"I was her. I entered into a dynamic with someone that had no experience being in a dynamic or in any type of play session. He had never had any kind of participation in our world and was unprepared for a dynamic but like an idiot, I went forward with it."

(I totally relate. I've heard this many times and it is absolutely heartbreaking. Simplistic approaches to complex things. People who assume a giant ego and arrogant entitlement mean they have a clue.)

"In the end, it was by hurting me. I turned into an experiment for him to decide what his real likes and dislikes were because I had been in the lifestyle since I was 17 and had the experience in different play styles and such so that he could easily experience many different types."

(So well said. You nailed it. The experienced person does become the experiment and that is completely disrespectful to what we do and what we give. Thank you for saying this so bravely and so well.)

H*
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Aug 29, 2021
fandan
2 hours ago • 08/29/2021 5:38 am
Ingénue wrote: It's fun when a Dom gets ranty at sound advice.

------ "I think you might struggle to find any rants in my posts."

** Oh let me help you find it then: **

------ "fandan - More elitist, judgemental patronising nonsense."

** What your responses did was prove us right about your ignorance and inability to learn because your ego and that huge chip on your shoulder are in your way.

Elite? perhaps because that very experience you seem to admire so in us, is also what makes us see you as far from us in what you think you know. And makes us doubt you totally for your plug n play approach to something so delicate and dependant on balance.

judgemental? absolutely. Who do you think you are dictating what can be said to you and defending the indefensible attitudes you put out?

And patronising? Well, it is spelled patronizing. THAT is patronizing. **

** Your first lesson is right here. The toughest and most honest audience you will ever encounter in this lifestyle are the very type of submissives you wish to dominate. And since we get tied, incapacitated, beaten, and used, we do absolutely have the right to our no-nonsense opinions of your BS. But you're the know it all, so let's do this... invite your experienced sub friend, whom you've never met, to come on here and read this entire post. Let her see what HER contemporaries have to say to you and how mature your responses were. Then we'll see how much you have to learn.**

Right?
Right.
cherilynn​(sub female)
cherilynn​(sub female) • Aug 29, 2021
To the OP,

I know it is hard to come on sites like this and post in the open forums especially when you are new and looking for advice/opinions.

I have been on and off sites like this one for many years and unlike this site, I have seen new folks literally get roasted to death in the forums. It was painful to watch.
However, the folks here genuinely want to help new people. I have seen it numerous times in the forums here.

There is a ton of very insightful, valuable information here. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it.

I really wish the more experienced domimant men on this site would post to forum topics such as this one. Their experience would be invaluable.

OP, you are not a lost cause. Just new and we were all new once. Try and keep an open mind and continue to learn.

I wish you all the happiness in the world
Jareth​(dom male)
Jareth​(dom male) • Aug 29, 2021
fandan,

I have been reading this thread with interest because so many new dominants will not ask for advice and I was glad to see one seeking answers. I stayed away because the advice you have been given is solid and your initial reaction was…defensive…I think is the word I seek.

As Cherilynn posted wishing an experienced dominant would chime in, I have decided to do so.

I am new to this site, but not to this lifestyle. I have been involved for many years and I am here to say unequivocally that ALL of the advice you have been given here has value.

I only have two things to add.

The first is that when seeking advice from those who know, listen to it without pride. If something that is said gets under your skin, that is the EXACT advice you should pay attention to and examine. It may be that the advice actually doesn’t apply to you, but you will never know that unless you explore it and ask follow up questions.

Which leads to the second thing I want to add.

A dominant first learns control of himself before controlling others.

There does seem to be a genuine interest in you to learn and I hope you take this advice as it’s meant. Positively.

Good luck to you.
House Talion​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 30, 2021
House Talion​(dom male) • Aug 30, 2021
1. Contracts should be used by experienced individuals looking to finalize the terms of their commitment to each other, not to initialize an itinerary.
2. Talk is cheap. Gain what info you can from here, but initially your best bet is to attend munches and meetings while spend twice as much time listening as to asking questions.
3. Dont directly disconnect her from her memories of prior Doms and some of those memories are positive and help create her as the sub she presently is.
4. Search through the forums and find a Dom/me or Master/Mistress who's answers to posts seem to resonate with your own personality and ask them to individually mentor you.
fandan
2 years ago • Aug 30, 2021
fandan • Aug 30, 2021
SubtleHush wrote:
fandan
2 hours ago • 08/29/2021 5:38 am
Ingénue wrote: It's fun when a Dom gets ranty at sound advice.

------ "I think you might struggle to find any rants in my posts."

** Oh let me help you find it then: **

------ "fandan - More elitist, judgemental patronising nonsense."

** What your responses did was prove us right about your ignorance and inability to learn because your ego and that huge chip on your shoulder are in your way.

Elite? perhaps because that very experience you seem to admire so in us, is also what makes us see you as far from us in what you think you know. And makes us doubt you totally for your plug n play approach to something so delicate and dependant on balance.

judgemental? absolutely. Who do you think you are dictating what can be said to you and defending the indefensible attitudes you put out?

And patronising? Well, it is spelled patronizing. THAT is patronizing. **

** Your first lesson is right here. The toughest and most honest audience you will ever encounter in this lifestyle are the very type of submissives you wish to dominate. And since we get tied, incapacitated, beaten, and used, we do absolutely have the right to our no-nonsense opinions of your BS. But you're the know it all, so let's do this... invite your experienced sub friend, whom you've never met, to come on here and read this entire post. Let her see what HER contemporaries have to say to you and how mature your responses were. Then we'll see how much you have to learn.**

Right?
Right.

It’s always funny when an American corrects spelling. I think you’ll find that the actual spelling of the word, prior to the inception of your greet nation is ‘patronise’.

Other than that, I wouldn’t hold my breath for any further responses from me.

Have a nice day y’all.