Online now
Online now

What have you learned?

Gaiawolf​(sub female){RogueWolf}
2 years ago • Sep 27, 2021

What have you learned?

So as alot of you know I have been doing some hard self reflection and changing in the last few months.

I have been forced to look deep and answer questions that before would have received a very standard answer. 
I have been made aware of my own faults and how if I was not willing to admit them I might as well go back where I was. 
I have been supported in my exploration of who I want to be vs who I am and finally see the difference.  I have learned that my joy and happiness are important and should not be hidden away to save someone else's feelings. I am allowed to be excited and happy and sing it out. 
I have learned that takers will never stop till you put a limit on what you're willing to give. 
I have learned what respect, support and true caring look like and to expect nothing less. 
I have learned to take things as they are and not always be searching for hidden agenda. 
I have learned my dreams deserve to be followed and that those who try to hold me back or convince me not to do not value my happiness. 
I have learned my mental health is important and needs to be cared for as much as I care for others, if not more. 

So what have you learned on your journey?
parsumlit{UnderConsi}
parsumlit{UnderConsi} • Sep 27, 2021
I’ve learned that you should learn why the rule was set before deciding if you’re about to break it, change it, or follow it.

I’ve learned that nothing is more rewarding than sitting down to discuss your worries with the actual person that’s causing them. You’ll see if they were well-founded and/or the result of a disconnect. Speculating with people from the outside does help, but it can’t be the only thing you rely on.

I’ve learned that people who really do care about you will go out of their way to make sure you know. You won’t have to sit there and guess if they do. Those who are direct with their speech will usually tell you unprovoked. Whereas, you might be able to tell that a highly introverted person (like me) treasures you because they’ll come out of their shell for you, without force.
Gaiawolf​(sub female){RogueWolf}
parsumlit wrote:

I’ve learned that people who really do care about you will go out of their way to make sure you know. You won’t have to sit there and guess if they do.

This is a priceless lesson to learn and believe in!!!
Defender​(dom male)

Re: What have you learned?

Defender​(dom male) • Sep 27, 2021
Gaiawolf wrote:

I have learned that takers will never stop till you put a limit on what you're willing to give. 

This ^ line stood out for me.

It is as true as truth can be.

I advise others to stop giving, long before you are sucked dry.

It has only taken me a lifetime to learn that......
RogueWolf​(dom male){Gaiawolf}
2 years ago • Sep 28, 2021

Re: What have you learned?

Gaiawolf wrote:

I have learned my mental health is important and needs to be cared for as much as I care for others, if not more. 

I was shown recently that I give too much of myself to others for very little in return and that I needed to dial it down so I didn't burn out. It's been easier to apply than I thought it would be. Still having that has made a massive difference.
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
What I learned in the past few months:

I don't have to take everything personally, if someone hurt me, lied to me. It is not because I'm a worthless person. The action that they made says more about them than it says anything about me.

Hurt people, hurt people. That's all they know.

The people you want most in your life are sometimes the people you're best without.

Everybody who comes isn't meant to stay. Let go and learn the lesson.

If you are not satisfied. Leave.

and this is the last one:
1st, know your worth
2nd, control your emotions
3rd, never settle
and lastly, everything you want is on its way to you. Everything you need is already within you.
    The most loved post in topic
Bunnie
Bunnie • Sep 28, 2021
@ Cressida Clytie,

“everything you want is on its way to you. Everything you need is already within you.”

Love, love, love this icon_smile.gif

I’ve learned that the things that seemed like they’d be easy, turned out to be the most difficult.
And the things that seemed like they’d be difficult, turned out to not really matter.
Miki
Miki • Sep 28, 2021
Cressida Clytie wrote:
What I learned in the past few months:

I don't have to take everything personally, if someone hurt me, lied to me. It is not because I'm a worthless person. The action that they made says more about them than it says anything about me.

Hurt people, hurt people. That's all they know.

The people you want most in your life are sometimes the people you're best without.

Everybody who comes isn't meant to stay. Let go and learn the lesson.

If you are not satisfied. Leave.

and this is the last one:
1st, know your worth
2nd, control your emotions
3rd, never settle
and lastly, everything you want is on its way to you. Everything you need is already within you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Not bad except that last one. Those who think "everything they want in life is coming to them" ... are setting themselves up for disappointment and failure.

It's not about getting everything you want, rather it's working tirelessly and earnestly to try to get what you want, all the while having the wisdom to realize that, depending on what one "wants", it's either "Not Guaranteed" at the least and downright "Not Gonna Happen" at the most ... and deal with the results in a mature manner.

Conversely, getting what you DON'T want is pretty damned easy, and is often unavoidable and again, maturity and wisdom will help one accept that, too, and likewise deal with it.

Lastly... A lot of times what one wants is actually what they think they want, and all too often they wind up telling other people, "Be careful what you wish for."

----------

What I have learned in life has little to nothing to do with BDSM or anything else I have and do in my private life. For me it's about what I have learned from life overall, where it matters most, as in how I mix or not mix in my interactions with people, places, and things in day-to-day life, and adjust my approaches and priorities accordingly.
Valore
2 years ago • Sep 29, 2021
Valore • Sep 29, 2021
@Miki I would first of all like to bypass pleasantries and politely request the opportunity to list your username in my Blog. I have a list I'm hoping to grow... of people I personally believe are worth paying attention to.
This is in hopes to provide something to guide along those who are lost and scrambled about not knowing what information is trust worthy.
This is to each their own of course, but my desire is to hopefully provide something rather than nothing to go on.
Politely and respectfully requesting permission to add your name (no link).

In response to your comment. I find ur brute honesty refreshing and a great alternative to the information (albeit more polite..) that is more gentle and kind in approach. The 2 sides of the coin and both necessary. Ty for your constant efforts in the forums.

E(Valore)