Online now
Online now

How To Deal With Abuse & Abusers On THE CAGE

xVegetarianx
7 years ago • Aug 28, 2016
xVegetarianx • Aug 28, 2016
Quote: Hmmm... interesting. But essentially, all it says is that if a site is not going to perform criminal background checks on its members... which I would presume no site is prepared to do, or currently does, then they have to indicate that clearly.

Other than that, it merely upholds the current state of law that says that a site, as a mere intermediary for two people to meet, is subject to no liability.
You really shouldn't skip pages, you didn't read it all.
Bhruic​(dom male)
Bhruic​(dom male) • Aug 28, 2016
Nope. No pages skipped. What is it you think I am incorrect about?
xVegetarianx
Page 2
56:8-171 Requirements for Internet dating services.

You completely skipped it.
Bhruic​(dom male)
Well... I didn't skip it. All that says is that sites are required to advise people to use common sense when on line or when meeting people. Hardly something that should require legislation... And no such legislation will guarantee that people DO use common sense. 

If there are children or morons on a dating site, I guess such warnings might be useful, but otherwise I did not consider that section a legally meaningful part of the document. 
xVegetarianx
Quote: Well... I didn't skip it. All that says is that sites are required to advise people to use common sense when on line or when meeting people.
You skipped it. Hahahaha

Your statement even shows that you payed no attention to what it said in detail.
Bhruic​(dom male)
As I said... I read it the first time. It's only a 3 page document. I just found the section legally irrelevant. Many sites already make such recommendations for the benefit of the imprudent.

What is your point?