Online now
Online now

Objectification

Gomezadams​(masochist male)
2 years ago • Nov 4, 2021

Objectification

What are your thoughts on objectification and dehumanization? Do you like to treat the person you are with as an object, or as less than human and how far will you go? On the flip side do you like to be treated like this?
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}

Human furniture

I personally love to be objectified - to some extent. I've been used as pieces of furniture - coffee table, foot stool, even used as a table upon which food was served. I love being "talked around" - people having conversations - even making remarks about *me* but behaving as though I'm not even present. I'm interested in hearing more people's personal stories/opinions as well.
Gomezadams​(masochist male)
Being furniture is great fun, but you really nailed it when you said people were behaving as though you weren't even. That is the absolute reason that I enjoy it so much, especially when there are multiple people involved. To be bound and treated as thing not a person with no concern for me gets me to a wonderful place. I have been used in many ways, some that people would think are disgusting others were fun. Once I was bound and targets were painted on my ass, the targets were then used for blow guns and darts. Yeah!
Betty Tails wrote:
WytchyWoman: Me too. I love being furniture. I like trying to be still and as furniture-like as I can be. Yay, I found someone who appreciates it! ๐Ÿ‘ŠโœŒ๏ธ

I love it at play parties in particular. icon_smile.gif
Gomezadams wrote:
Being furniture is great fun, but you really nailed it when you said people were behaving as though you weren't even. That is the absolute reason that I enjoy it so much, especially when there are multiple people involved. To be bound and treated as thing not a person with no concern for me gets me to a wonderful place. I have been used in many ways, some that people would think are disgusting others were fun. Once I was bound and targets were painted on my ass, the targets were then used for blow guns and darts. Yeah!

I adore the headspace of being treated as an inanimate object - especially at play parties. Your experience of being a target in a game of darts sounds like something I'd have loved to watch - not sure about pointy darts piercing my own ass though since I'm not into needle type play. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
2 years ago • Nov 5, 2021
Gomezadams wrote:
What are your thoughts on objectification and dehumanization? Do you like to treat the person you are with as an object, or as less than human and how far will you go? On the flip side do you like to be treated like this?

I personally love doing objectification. It suits my style perfectly as I'm somewhat less of a verbal de grader (I correct, set straight, not degrade or decrease self worth. subs have value to me) objectification still allows to me use this method to create that "less than human" status, putting the power back in my hands, that my needs come first, without relying on verbal degradation to achieve it. The art has so many uses inside play and create so many head space moments..its hard to not enjoy it.
    The most loved post in topic
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Nov 5, 2021
I enjoy the opportunity afforded by objectification for appreciating the sub in a different way. By engaging in a thorough appraisal, perhaps at a party, with the help of others; critiquing the physical properties of the sub in a meaningful and appreciative, but distant and callous way. One sees feeling in art, but the art itself does not have feelings. Perhaps, some property is found wanting, seen even as an amateur rendering; some element that can be revisited and improved upon by the artist for future unveiling, lending to some interesting work between Dom(me) and sub.

I have had subs act as artwork for parties before, holding poses and undergoing appraisal by friends and guests who are able to participate in a mature way. It is a lot of fun and can be simultaneously dehumanizing and emotionally favorable if each role is properly realized.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Nov 5, 2021
Since enacting degradation and humiliation on a sub are two of my biggest kinks, and objectification is often an integral part of those, my answer is - I love it!
Prohibiting my sub to move or hide, keeping her in plain view of others while they laugh at her is fun. I would call that objectification.

As to how far I will go, she is still mine, so -
- Actual use by my friends (or whoever) for any other reason than objectification... not so much, at least as pertains to fluids. I don't want to be where 12 other cocks were yesterday.
- NO ONE gets to do anything to my sub unless I allow or order it.

I don't know much about dehumanization outside of petplay, and furniture play (?) is something I've yet to try but I'm always eager to try new (Dom) things.

Of course, like every other type of bdsm interaction it is all predicated on limits and negotiations and safewords, so there are always clearly defined stopping points.