Online now
Online now

ready for real time?

dananddawn
2 years ago • Nov 7, 2021

ready for real time?

dananddawn • Nov 7, 2021
We have been invited to present at an event in January and March of next year and will likely be going.

It has been 2 years since we've been to a public event! We are excited and a bit terrified icon_razz.gif

Are you ready to go back to real time events? Is your attitude super careful and only go if certain criteria? Or more of balls to the wall and lets get back to it? Or somewhere in the middle?
JustGreenie{Lona Alofa}
JustGreenie{Lona Alofa} • Nov 7, 2021
I have been going back to real time events for a bit now and I love them! I have missed the physical interaction with others. I recently went to a riggers event and just loved how interactive we were with one another during the entire time.

Yes he took the necessary precautions due to the pandemic, but we still allowed ourself to let go and enjoy what we love.

I hope you have a wonderful time at your event!
DrWakko
DrWakko • Nov 7, 2021
As someone who follows your podcast (I’ve missed a few). You two going to be ok not taking the bikes?

I think after the last few years with all its ups and downs for you that you kind of need it. It will be a great recharge for both of you.

As for me I have attended a 100 person private party as well as a 350 plus public event. It seems like the public space did more to clean and make sure things were clean and the private event asked for proof of vaccine.

I believe the kink community on a whole will go out of its way to make sure no one has corona and no one gets corona. No one wants to give the community a black eye with news that “kink club x” or “bondage con x” had even once case of corona tied to it.

DW
NoClvrNickname​(sub female)
We’ve been going to IRL events for awhile now (went to one last night actually). Small-ish and at private, fully vetted etc venues but it’s definitely nice to get back out and about some.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
2 years ago • Nov 8, 2021
My state (Melb,Vic, AU) is only just opening up (first week). I'm personally not ready to go back to real time events (double vaxed just personal time poor at present). After 18months I'm actually wondering if I should at all or if its time to hang up the public boots. I've managed to keep in contact with friends, I guess more is always welcomed but I'm still some what hesitant with covid. I already have a wonderful kinked network of support and friendship. My skill set, for me and mine is currently a perfect fit so it leaves me wondering if I've hit that wall of "needing to" versus "social need"
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Nov 8, 2021
I was on a small munch only with fully vaccinated people and only to meet some people I know again after nearly two years. It was nice, but felt different as it was before. I'm not sure I would want a public event... we have breakthroughs and I have the responsibility to keep some people safe. I'm not ready. This virus changed so much in all of us. We became introverted if we are or not.
Miki
Miki • Nov 8, 2021
I've never been into events with large gatherings, but if I were inclined to check any out, sure, I'm ready.

As for the "ordinary day-to-day" -- in my area it's been pretty close to "back to normal" for a while now. Since early summer at least, and as a "Critical Infrastructure Employee" I worked straight through the shut-downs and lockdowns of early-mid 2020 so going back "Live" isn't as big a leap for me as it is to people in other areas. Been at it all along.
dananddawn
dananddawn • Nov 8, 2021
DrWakko wrote:
As someone who follows your podcast (I’ve missed a few). You two going to be ok not taking the bikes?
DW

As it happens, we sold the motorcycles (and everything else) and now live full time in an RV icon_smile.gif
SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • Dec 10, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Dec 10, 2021
LordofPain56 just stop with your pseudo expert opinion about precautions and attempt to derail the thread. You remind me of people who bitch about the government but don't vote. While you are entitled to an opinion you are not entitled to shove it down everyone's throat. Every platform is not your personal stage for this rubbish.
dananddawn
ready for real time?

I have been attending for a while now but here the organizers require proof of vaccine by showing the card.

In stores, I mask and tend to avoid crowds of people chatting in the isles. You really have to use your own risk threshold as the deciding factor. At this point, I will probably not attend any event that doesn't ask for vaccination proof.

All anyone can know about this issue is what happened yesterday. Every day new things come up. So I use qualified resources such as the CDC. I do NOT listen to morons who like to talk like they know what risk is but give a shit less what risk is to others.

And I let my gut tell me when to say yes and when to say no.

I hope it is a great experience for you both.

H*
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Dec 10, 2021
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Dec 10, 2021
LordofPain56 wrote:
Not that I ever cared to go to any munches or play parties, but if you are asking the question because of the quarantines, mask mandates and vaccine mandates, there is nothing to worry about. I will live my life un-abated by the "scamdemic"

Please post a screen pic of your medical degree. Also, I suspect your local kinksters are relieved that you're not inclined to want to mingle with them socially. Saves them having to suffer through the pomposity you seem to take pride in. 😡