Online now
Online now

Gender identity ideology

Jashine
2 years ago • Nov 25, 2021

Gender identity ideology

Jashine • Nov 25, 2021
Over the last few years 'gender identity ideology' has become institutionalised in many countries around the world. It is the talking-point of the liberal intelligentsia in those countries. It contains the assertion that you can self-identify as whatever you want, regardless of biological sex: for example, if you have a penis but want to self-identify as a woman, there is nothing to stop you. In Portugal and Ireland, for instance, you can change your legal sex without recourse to professional endorsement.

Have you asserted your gender identity over and above your biology? If so, with what ramifications? I would like to ask whether in general this seems like a good or bad step for humanity.
DaddyPP​(dom male)
DaddyPP​(dom male) • Nov 25, 2021
I will bite. I can only speak to how I feel it affects humanity. From a survival standpoint it's terrible. If our species loses its ability, desire, and drive to procreate, we will have commited the greatest tragedy in known history. The extinction of the only known "intelligent" species to have ever existed. When an animal has more drive to continue its own species than we, the argument becomes which is actually more intelligent?
SubBoiShawn​(sub trans man)
What you don't seem to understand is a trans person doesn't have a choice to identify as their gender. Yes, someone can be born with male genitalia and be a woman, and vice versa for a man. This is because our gender goes beyond our expressed secondary sex characteristics, and is part of our brain chemistry. People who are transgender have a condition called gender dysphoria. And like every other psychiatric condition, this wasn't a choice. We're just living with it as best we can.
Further, your forget (or possibly don't know) about intersex people. What you might [wrongly] call hermaphrodites. These are people whit another (often broken) chromosome. This can result in something as subtle as hormone imbalance, or something as noticeable as multiple sets of genital. Interestingly, the vast majority of intersex people don't know they are intersex, unless they are on the extreme end of the spectrum.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
What it boils down to is.... The opinions of cisgender folks don't matter.

Science, real peer reviewed science, has shown time and again that transgender folks' experiences are real and valid. Period.

These kind of threads do more harm than good. You aren't going to convince anyone to change their views or orientations. What you are doing is putting trans folks in a position where they have to defend the validity of their identities, something cis people are never called to do.

Trans folks can and do procreate. Queer people procreate. Straight cis people procreate more than enough. The existence of gender non-conforming people will have absolutely nothing to do with any harm to our survival as a species.

What will cause harm? Gender and sex essentialism. The suicide rate of trans youth is 4x higher than that of straight youth. Trans women are murdered at disgusting rates.

We don't scrutinize the validity of straight, cis folks. There is no to do that in the link community at all.

Please consider the impact of this thread on our trans and gender minority fellow kinksters before letting this thread continue.
    The most loved post in topic
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
@OP

This was mostly aimed at the second post in this thread. I was in the Taco Bell drive through.

However, I do ask that you heavily moderate this of you choose to leave it up. Transphobia is alive and well in these spaces.
shahh
shahh • Nov 25, 2021
Because I've had past experiences with the OP and his lovely Domme... I don't believe this to be an intentional negative poke at gender identification or an attempt to illicit transphobia or any other discriminatory comments... I hope. But it's a VERY VERY thin line here.

What I would like to point out it that biologically there are 5 KNOWN representations of sexual expression (please correct me if I'm wrong). Western cultures decided at some point to identify only man and woman. Several Indigenous groups in Canada and the US also have always identified a Two-Spirit classification as well. So...in other words ...to assume gender identify and biology aren't coinciding is ... Oversimplification and damaging (although perhaps unintentionally). Western Science and Medical studies have consistently and almost exclusively operated on a male vs female standpoint....and frankly often ignored the female component entirely anyways. So in other words ... An entire body of medical Science and study has SOLELY looked at male presenting subjects. That's changing ...slowly....thank jeebus.

As for humanity... This is an incredibly positive step. To oversimplify... "Hurt people hurt people". The more people out there that can be themselves...hurt less... The better we become no?
Fyglia Wicked​(dom female)
Fyglia Wicked​(dom female) • Nov 25, 2021
From " transphobia "

To cultural appropriation this thread went down hill fast .

Jash try using less posh words maybe
People will reread your post and understand it better .
Tell MK I said Hi..๐Ÿ˜Ž
SubBoiShawn​(sub trans man)
I think the unfortunate truth is, weather or not the intent was to be transphobic, the term "gender ideology" is. And this post is rife with bigoted ideas and misleading information.
shahh
shahh • Nov 25, 2021
I suppose the biggest question is this:

shahh: male
shahh: female
shahh: two spirit
shahh:trans ftm
shahh:trans mtf
shahh: they/them

What in the flying F*** does it matter what my gender identification is in relation to the quality of my person?! (Apologies for missing any identifications). Honestly... WTF is wrong with people that think it matters what follows my name determines the validity of my opinion or experience or self worth?

To the OP Jash... Humanity will be at it's best when identification is a name and a fingerprint... gender and sexual identification be damned.