Online now
Online now

Gender identity ideology

Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Nov 25, 2021
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Nov 25, 2021
Fyglia Wicked wrote:

You looked for a reason to be offened while gatekeeping someone's post instead of reporting it If you thought there was any prejudice. Strawmaning while standing on a soapbox isnt educating fuck all .
Thank you for speaking up. That was quite the steamrolling session a bit earlier wasn't it? Just full speed ahead, then reverse and full speed backward - repeatedly. icon_wink.gif
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
WytchyWoman wrote:
Fyglia Wicked wrote:

You looked for a reason to be offened while gatekeeping someone's post instead of reporting it If you thought there was any prejudice. Strawmaning while standing on a soapbox isnt educating fuck all .
Thank you for speaking up. That was quite the steamrolling session a bit earlier wasn't it? Just full speed ahead, then reverse and full speed backward - repeatedly. icon_wink.gif

You're back! Whew. Must be reeeeeeeeeal boring over there since this thread has been so boring for you.

I have discussions all day every day about trans issues with people I share opinions with and people who don't. And we get along just fine. The difference is that they care enough to learn how to talk about them respectfully without invalidating.

You don't have to agree to not be an asshole.
DaddyPP​(dom male)
DaddyPP​(dom male) • Nov 25, 2021
Nothing like preaching how to talk to people and then talking intentionally hurtful.
Jashine
Jashine • Nov 25, 2021
Thanks very much, everyone so far, for your time and thoughts in writing on this topic. It is an important one, and one that is being discussed at the highest policy levels. As I have already mentioned upthread, I am an intersex male with a high degree of interest in this topic. I won’t bore you with my story here, but suffice to say that I feel like an inadequate male, and have grown up suffering because of this. To those who are suffering similar pain, my heart goes out to you.

I tried to word my post so that it would present fact rather than opinion. Some responders have thought the post to be transphobic in and of itself: SubBoiShawn mentions, for instance, that the term ‘gender identity ideology’ is transphobic. This is like arguing that the dictionary is inimical to free speech. Like it or not, ‘gender identity ideology’ has entered the public lexicon, and is here to stay. We need to navigate it as best we can.

My original post mentions nothing about trans people, and has at its basis no claim whatever in altering people’s views. It was merely an invitation to answer the questions put, i.e. ‘Have you asserted your gender identity over and above your biology? If so, with what ramifications?’, and ‘I would like to ask whether in general [gender identity ideology] seems like a good or bad step for humanity.’ Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think many people at all have answered these questions.

It would be great to see some more responses to the questions. I know that identity is sacrosanct to us all, and it has not been my intention to deride or derail anyone in any way. I really look forward to some constructive talk about all this.
2 years ago • Nov 26, 2021
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Nov 26, 2021
simplylaura wrote:

You're back! Whew. Must be reeeeeeeeeal boring over there since this thread has been so boring for you.

I'm going to correct you - at no point did I say I found this thread "boring". What I SAID is that I have no interest in YOU or your repetitious heavy handedness in directing this conversation to your own satisfaction.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Nov 26, 2021
slavejashine wrote:

I tried to word my post so that it would present fact rather than opinion. Some responders have thought the post to be transphobic in and of itself: SubBoiShawn mentions, for instance, that the term ‘gender identity ideology’ is transphobic. This is like arguing that the dictionary is inimical to free speech. Like it or not, ‘gender identity ideology’ has entered the public lexicon, and is here to stay. We need to navigate it as best we can.

My original post mentions nothing about trans people, and has at its basis no claim whatever in altering people’s views. It was merely an invitation to answer the questions put, i.e. ‘Have you asserted your gender identity over and above your biology? If so, with what ramifications?’, and ‘I would like to ask whether in general [gender identity ideology] seems like a good or bad step for humanity.’ Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think many people at all have answered these questions.

It would be great to see some more responses to the questions. I know that identity is sacrosanct to us all, and it has not been my intention to deride or derail anyone in any way. I really look forward to some constructive talk about all this.

You've done a stellar job presenting your questions and it's unfortunate that a couple of others derailed what you intended as a fairly straightforward discussion. I'm hoping that it's still possible for a few people to come forward and address the issue in the spirit you intended.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
WytchyWoman wrote:
simplylaura wrote:

I'm going to correct you - at no point did I say I found this thread "boring". What I SAID is that I have no interest in YOU or your repetitious heavy handedness in directing this conversation to your own satisfaction.

Your passive agressiveness has made this quite the experience. I'm bowing out because what's happening here is a bunch of cis people (primarily. I.dont presume to know how others identify) telling gender and sexual minority folks how to feel. On a kink site.

I asked for moderation after the second poster literally projected that trans people will be the end of humanity. You escalated my request with your snark and perceived ability to think critically.

I'll rest well knowing I still have the most liked post in this thread, as well as the sheer number of messages I've received for speaking up.
shahh
shahh • Nov 26, 2021
slavejashine wrote:
Thanks very much, everyone so far, for your time and thoughts in writing on this topic. It is an important one, and one that is being discussed at the highest policy levels. As I have already mentioned upthread, I am an intersex male with a high degree of interest in this topic. I won’t bore you with my story here, but suffice to say that I feel like an inadequate male, and have grown up suffering because of this. To those who are suffering similar pain, my heart goes out to you.

I had a few answers but seems to have been lost in the fray. Unfortunately I think when people who've been wrapped in their norm conforming plastic bubble wrap are confronted with 'different'... Regardless of what that difference is, fear and panic set in. Refer to the second posting on your thread for that. How does one go from open and free gender expression to species elimination? That was an argument made ...and still is made regarding same sex couples. That fear and irrational thinking is dangerous. However, I do believe that the more people can freely express themselves regardless of what's in their pants or who's pants they want to get into, the better off we'll be as a species. The binary gender definitions that we've clung to as a whole clearly have contributed to a world of shite... so growing and evolving to be more than what we are at the very least can't make things worse. As I've said before... Humanity will be at it's best when official identification is a name and a fingerprint ... Gender expression or sexual classification is irrelevant to the quality of a person.
SweetSirRendering​(sub female)
depathologization* of gender identity or expression is a human right and ignoring this is inhumane. this is my opinion, but it seems like a truth to me. i cannot understand how anyone would not understand that a global humanity depends on moving past instinctual base fears of otherness. that which is different from oneself is not a threat.

*this should NOT limit access to healthcare.
DaddyPP​(dom male)
DaddyPP​(dom male) • Nov 26, 2021
It baffles me that people have this knee-jerk reaction to others beliefs that since they are different they are based in fear or ignorance. I mean really, the same argument could be used on either side of any argument. It is quite an aggressive stance. Let me be clear, there is absolutely no fear of anything in my original comment. I have amazing friends and family who are all over the spectrum of sexuality. I have no issue with them living the life they want. My comment was purely logic (you could argue failed logic and that would be an actual adult discussion/debate) based, not fear. If our entire society suddenly stopped breeding, we would die off. That was the entire point. Nothing more. Stop trying to read more into people's words than what is said.