Online now
Online now

Gender identity ideology

dollMaker​(dom male)
2 years ago • Nov 25, 2021
dollMaker​(dom male) • Nov 25, 2021
This thread and the ops opening wording could be perceived as trans, non binary, gender fluid phobic. Simply by asking the question, in the way it has, could be.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Nov 25, 2021
simplylaura wrote:

Please consider the impact of this thread on our trans and gender minority fellow kinksters before letting this thread continue.
Are you suggesting that the thread should be deleted?
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
WytchyWoman wrote:
simplylaura wrote:

Please consider the impact of this thread on our trans and gender minority fellow kinksters before letting this thread continue.

I’m suggesting exactly what I said. The wording used in the question, whether intentional or not, is harmful. If this thread continues it needs to be heavily moderated. The validity of people’s identity should not be up for debate.
simplylaura wrote:
WytchyWoman wrote:
simplylaura wrote:

I’m suggesting exactly what I said. The wording used in the question, whether intentional or not, is harmful. If this thread continues it needs to be heavily moderated. The validity of people’s identity should not be up for debate.

I'm 100% confused as to how/why you decided that the OP asking a question equals the OP invalidating a group of people but have at it. icon_wink.gif
Have you read the whole thread? Especially shahh's replies? That sums it up pretty well.

We don't go around asking people's thoughts about whether cisgender folks' identity is good or bad for humanity. It's not right to do the same about trans folks identities either.
To follow up, I don’t believe in limiting discourse. I’m currently in a PhD program. My entire life is discourse. However, I do think that there are ways to ask questions that don’t hurt people. Appropriate questions about opinions should be about things that aren’t a natural and inherent parts of people’s identities. Like hair color, political opinions, whether pineapple belongs on pizza. Things people choose. This is like asking “having blue eyes a little good step for humanity?” That sounds silly right? Because you don’t choose what color eyes you come out with.

This is ESPECIALLY important on a forum where sexual freedom is the order of the day.

Here are a couple great resources on questions and how to ask them.

https://transequality.org/issues/resources/questionable-questions-about-transgender-identity

https://www.healthline.com/health/how-to-be-human-language-around-transgender

https://transequality.org/issues/resources/supporting-the-transgender-people-in-your-life-a-guide-to-being-a-good-ally
simplylaura wrote:
Have you read the whole thread? Especially shahh's replies? That sums it up pretty well.

We don't go around asking people's thoughts about whether cisgender folks' identity is good or bad for humanity. It's not right to do the same about trans folks identities either.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll let you and everyone else get back to your admin and mod duties now.
simplylaura wrote:
I recommend you read the post I posted right as you posted yours.

I’ve been civil this whole discussion. It seems that isn’t your intention. Bummer.

I haven't been "civil" enough to suit you? I even excused myself in deference to your need to devote your time to moderating the thread. Not sure what more you expect me to do but then again, I lost interest already. At any rate, happy t-day!
WytchyWoman wrote:
simplylaura wrote:
I recommend you read the post I posted right as you posted yours.

I’ve been civil this whole discussion. It seems that isn’t your intention. Bummer.

I haven't been "civil" enough to suit you? I even excused myself in deference to your need to devote your time to moderating the thread. Not sure what more you expect me to do but then again, I lost interest already. At any rate, happy t-day!

Been a joy to discuss this with you. Have the day you deserve!