Online now
Online now

Gender identity ideology

simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
1 year ago • Aug 28, 2022
Here's the thing. Differing opinions are fine. But what should not be up for discussion is whether someone's identity, self- determined or not, is valid. I think trans identities are just as valid as cis ones and I have no desire to invalidate cis identity. I've never in my life seen a post about gender identity ideology (that phrase in itself is loaded...) that is discussing trans issues. We have trans folks in this forum asking for this conversation to be taken down because people are spreading bad science and rhetoric that is used for harm( ie: inflammatory language about "castration of children," once again bad science and dangerous).

I don't have time this morning to get in to more but I will continue to say that there's no room in kink for anti-trans sentiment.
simplylaura wrote:
I've never in my life seen a post about gender identity ideology (that phrase in itself is loaded...) that is discussing trans issues. .

Edited to say: I've never in my life seen a post about gender identity ideology (that phrase in itself is loaded...) that is discussing CIS issues.

I'm guessing that I can't edit my previous post to be accurate because a snowflake reported it.
I'mME
I'mME • Aug 28, 2022
simplylaura,

Speeakinf for myself, I do my own legwork when it comes to science and make my own decisions.
I also have a logical thinking brain.

I have been reading each comment some does not stay in my head very long bc it does not any sense, or seems to be have an underlying tone .

People think they are being undercover, but it's an undercurrent that I have felt many times [may have been a different issue but the undercurrent is always something I can detect]
My writing is crap and I struggle sometimes with the right phrases, but I always hope my sincerity to understand always comes across.

But on this topic I know some of the issues that trans are faced with, but I have not had the opportunity to personally have a conversation with someone and they tell me.

Maybe a new forum question can be started with that as the topic.

What do you think?
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Aug 28, 2022
You don't get to be tired of logical discussion. As someone waving the credentials of conventions and research on the subject, more is expected from you. You should be ashamed that your knowledge and research has culminated in silencing opposition and inflammatory speech. Your words paint the community you support as spiteful and angry which will not endear others to the positive and healthy relations they deserve. Everyone gets weary, if a break is needed take it and recharge. Participating otherwise in the discussion is damaging. The trans community is not being represented here the way they deserve.

Trans people exist in kink, the same way they do at the breakfast table, the bus, the side walk and work. They are fighting for their rights, and recognition in all of those places. It cannot be said there is no place for their issues in kink. This should be an opportunity to bring people together. Lets make it one.
Solace wrote:
You don't get to be tired of logical discussion. As someone waving the credentials of conventions and research on the subject, more is expected from you. You should be ashamed that your knowledge and research has culminated in silencing opposition and inflammatory speech. Your words paint the community you support as spiteful and angry which will not endear others to the positive and healthy relations they deserve. Everyone gets weary, if a break is needed take it and recharge. Participating otherwise in the discussion is damaging. The trans community is not being represented here the way they deserve.

Trans people exist in kink, the same way they do at the breakfast table, the bus, the side walk and work. They are fighting for their rights, and recognition in all of those places. It cannot be said there is no place for their issues in kink. This should be an opportunity to bring people together. Lets make it one.

LOLOLOL

That's all I have to say about this post.
Jashine
Jashine • Aug 28, 2022
LOLOLOL

That's all I have to say about this post.[/quote]

As an academic, let me assure you that a reply like this is tantamount to an admission that you've lost the argument. It would be better, and more convincing, if you engaged with Forum posts in a meaningful way. The Forum is for discussion and debate, after all. You don't get to determine what is or is not suitable for discussion.

I was rather perturbed by your 'martyr' comment upthread. Are you threatening me?
Jashine wrote:
LOLOLOL

As an academic, let me assure you that a reply like this is tantamount to an admission that you've lost the argument. It would be better, and more convincing, if you engaged with Forum posts in a meaningful way. The Forum is for discussion and debate, after all. You don't get to determine what is or is not suitable for discussion.

I was rather perturbed by your 'martyr' comment upthread. Are you threatening me?[/quote]

You are an absolute joke who crucified yourself in that last post. I've lost nothing. My inbox is full of support and people laughing at you, so I'd say I won.
Jashine
Jashine • Aug 28, 2022
simplylaura wrote:
Jashine wrote:
LOLOLOL

I was rather perturbed by your 'martyr' comment upthread. Are you threatening me?

You are an absolute joke who crucified yourself in that last post. I've lost nothing. My inbox is full of support and people laughing at you, so I'd say I won.[/quote]

I'll ask you again, simplylaura, are you threatening me?
Jashine wrote:
simplylaura wrote:
Jashine wrote:
LOLOLOL

You are an absolute joke who crucified yourself in that last post. I've lost nothing. My inbox is full of support and people laughing at you, so I'd say I won.

I'll ask you again, simplylaura, are you threatening me?[/quote]

I wouldn't want to be on the same continent as your transphobic self, so no sweetheart, I am not threatening you. You are acting like a martyr. But it seems you struggle with understanding that conjugation of the word. Why don't you go on Backpage or whatever site you have over there and pay for some action. Seems like you're wound up a bit.
Jashine
Jashine • Aug 28, 2022
Thanks for your answer