Online now
Online now

Question for the masochists and/or sadists

Zvengali
2 years ago • Jan 2, 2022
Zvengali • Jan 2, 2022
Melting.....Bees wax will usally be 62 to 65 deg C., Hot glue 160 + deg C......

Low melt glue guns are safe and easy to use. They carry a reduced risk of burns due to a lower temperature and are commonly used for bonding heat sensitive materials, arts and crafts

Low melt Glue guns....130 deg F, Where Hot melt Glue guns..195 deg F.

Low/Hot Glue guns.....How much of a true Maso are you ?? Most people know that a person(s) pain level is SUBJECTIVE....
Master Fyre​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 3, 2022

Re: Question for the masochists and/or sadists

Master Fyre​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2022
MelMell wrote:
So the other day I was doing an arts and craft project and I was using a hot glue gun for it. I’ve used hot glue in the past and I hate getting burnt by the glue and even more so by the gun itself. This time it was a bit different tho.. there’s wax play and hot glue I feel could be like wax play. Has anyone tried it? Is it even safe? I know some hot glue sticks say they are non toxic and made from organic materials so I would guess it wouldn’t harm someone. If anyone has tried it, how do you get the glue off? Immediately or can you leave it? Does the glue leave any burn marks or marks in general? Would you say the glue or the gun burns more? If no one has tried it, would you want to try it and tell the results?
I’m genuinely curious if hot glue can be used for play the same way one would use wax.

No, it's not the same. wax will cool and peel off. Hot glue, even the very low glues will cause a burn. At the minimum a superficial burn. Left on long enough before cooling or at higher temps, it can cause a partial thickness burn.

Is it even safe? I know some hot glue sticks say they are non-toxic and made from organic materials so I would guess it wouldn’t harm someone.

resoundingly NO! It's not safe for play. the toxicity of the glue has little to do with its relative safety. It all comes from the heat generated to melt the glue. That adds to your last few questions, the glue can burn you, the gun can burn you. The gun's tip will be inherently hotter due to having to heat up and maintain the temp to melt the glue, ergo, the tip of the gun will likely cause a more severe burn if it comes in contact with the skin than the glue will. That's not to say the glue won't cause significant burns as well.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}

Re: Question for the masochists and/or sadists

Snipped for focus:

Master Fyre wrote:
No, it's not the same. wax will cool and peel off. Hot glue, even the very low glues will cause a burn. At the minimum a superficial burn. Left on long enough before cooling or at higher temps, it can cause a partial thickness burn.

The gun's tip will be inherently hotter due to having to heat up and maintain the temp to melt the glue, ergo, the tip of the gun will likely cause a more severe burn if it comes in contact with the skin than the glue will. That's not to say the glue won't cause significant burns as well.

Thank you! I had mentioned in an earlier comment that hot glue could damage tissue more easily than wax but I didn't know the term I was looking for - you named it quite aptly as being a "partial thickness burn". 👍
Master Fyre​(dom male)
Master Fyre​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2022
Zvengali wrote:
Melting.....Bees wax will usally be 62 to 65 deg C., Hot glue 160 + deg C......

Low melt glue guns are safe and easy to use. They carry a reduced risk of burns due to a lower temperature and are commonly used for bonding heat sensitive materials, arts and crafts

Low melt Glue guns....130 deg F, Where Hot melt Glue guns..195 deg F.

Low/Hot Glue guns.....How much of a true Maso are you ?? Most people know that a person(s) pain level is SUBJECTIVE....

Please don't give out bad information. 65°C is 150°F. Most ultra-low temp hot glue guns range between 170°F - 250°F. Low temp glue sticks are designed to soften at 185°F. Commercial/Industrial hot glue guns run in excess of 380°F.

All glue guns are "safe" when used properly and for their intended purpose. None of which is putting hot glue onto skin.

Partial-thickness (second degree) burns begin to occur at temps exceeding 131°F. Around 140°F, pain receptors begin to be overloaded and the tissue becomes numb. Tissue damage occurs around 163°F. All well below the lowest "ultra-low temp" hot glue guns normal ranges. For reference, superficial (first degree) burns generally start occurring when exposed to temps exceeding 118°F.

Partial-thickness burns, if left untreated can necrose. If you happen to end up with full-thickness, aka (third-degree) burns, you're looking at the possibility of a long painful recovery, possible nerve or muscle damage, painful debridement, potential infections, and if left untreated can result in catastrophic loss or death as the result of systemic infection.

So while the low temps may seem relatively safe, it's not a risk to take lightly.
Morley​(sub female){Max Sterne}
2 years ago • Jan 4, 2022
Master Fyre wrote:
65°C is 150°F. Most ultra-low temp hot glue guns range between 170°F - 250°F. Low temp glue sticks are designed to soften at 185°F. Commercial/Industrial hot glue guns run in excess of 380°F.

All glue guns are "safe" when used properly and for their intended purpose. None of which is putting hot glue onto skin.

Partial-thickness (second degree) burns begin to occur at temps exceeding 131°F. Around 140°F, pain receptors begin to be overloaded and the tissue becomes numb. Tissue damage occurs around 163°F. All well below the lowest "ultra-low temp" hot glue guns normal ranges. For reference, superficial (first degree) burns generally start occurring when exposed to temps exceeding 118°F.

Partial-thickness burns, if left untreated can necrose. If you happen to end up with full-thickness, aka (third-degree) burns, you're looking at the possibility of a long painful recovery, possible nerve or muscle damage, painful debridement, potential infections, and if left untreated can result in catastrophic loss or death as the result of systemic infection.

So while the low temps may seem relatively safe, it's not a risk to take lightly.

LOVE LOVE LOVE a thorough, accurate, articulate explanation on topics such as these.... Thank you!!!!!