Online now
Online now

The good and bad of being a brat

Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
2 years ago • Dec 20, 2021
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
Brat handler and brat tamer are new terms to me. CharBunny, how would you explain the difference between the two?
Lady Char​(sub female)
Lady Char​(sub female) • Dec 20, 2021
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Brat handler and brat tamer are new terms to me. CharBunny, how would you explain the difference between the two?

Well, to me, a brat tamer wants to take the brat out of the submissive. That's not necessarily how people take the label, but that's what the words connote. If you tame a horse, you take out its wildness, we literally call it breaking them in. I have no desire to be broken, because I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I am an obedient and well behaved submissive, when that's what's called for.

A brat handler, to me, enjoys the challenge of the brat. Setting tasks so there are no loopholes, having a smarter, quicker comeback to a sassy comment. A brat handler - again to me, because this is all subjective and we started with the well written response about what labels are and aren't - will make me feel like I've played, like I've pushed and been pushed back, or that I've competed (in a friendly encounter) and (somewhat) gracefully accepted defeat. They allow, and even want, the bratting, because it's fun for both parties and it's (here's the important bit) kept within the boundaries that keeps the brat satisfied and the Dominant happy.

Because happy Dominants is what we're all here for, right? icon_wink.gif
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
Butterflies, ok you just made me laugh with the, "snot and not a brat" line.

In my life I've come across women I considered brats. And when I saw it online I immediately thought of a person that is purposefully difficult, disruptive, rude, and disrespectful. So initially I wasn't having it. I've read some profiles and realize it can be all in fun. And if it's understood between the couple, it can possibly work. So now I won't write a self proclaimed brat off. I'll ask the necessary questions.

My dear LJ taught me that being snotty is tolerable whereas being bratty would get me punished.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

In my life I've come across women I considered brats. And when I saw it online I immediately thought of a person that is purposefully difficult, disruptive, rude, and disrespectful. So initially I wasn't having it. I've read some profiles and realize it can be all in fun. And if it's understood between the couple, it can possibly work. So now I won't write a self proclaimed brat off. I'll ask the necessary questions.

My dear LJ taught me that being snotty is tolerable whereas being bratty would get me punished.

Hahaha and you are the sweetest little snot ever. Sometimes.
🤗
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
LongerJohnny wrote:
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

Hahaha and you are the sweetest little snot ever. Sometimes.
🤗

You bring out both my sweetness and snottiness . 😉🤣
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Dec 20, 2021
CharBunny wrote:
Dom Pinnacle wrote:

Well, to me, a brat tamer wants to take the brat out of the submissive. That's not necessarily how people take the label, but that's what the words connote. If you tame a horse, you take out its wildness, we literally call it breaking them in. I have no desire to be broken, because I don't think there's anything wrong with me. I am an obedient and well behaved submissive, when that's what's called for.

A brat handler, to me, enjoys the challenge of the brat. Setting tasks so there are no loopholes, having a smarter, quicker comeback to a sassy comment. A brat handler - again to me, because this is all subjective and we started with the well written response about what labels are and aren't - will make me feel like I've played, like I've pushed and been pushed back, or that I've competed (in a friendly encounter) and (somewhat) gracefully accepted defeat. They allow, and even want, the bratting, because it's fun for both parties and it's (here's the important bit) kept within the boundaries that keeps the brat satisfied and the Dominant happy.

Because happy Dominants is what we're all here for, right? icon_wink.gif

Makes sense. I appreciate you educating me on this.
ribbonbaby{Guarded}
ribbonbaby{Guarded} • Dec 20, 2021
I would like to add my 2 cents, if I may.. to me "bratting" is also (in addition to what Charbunny said), a way to help the Dom. If used properly it can draw the Dom out of a dark mental place, stress, or bad moods.
Yes, I want to mentally spar and play with my Dom (huge deal), but I also want to make them feel better. Bratting can be as simple as saying 'No' while doing the task they gave you, or tickling them while playfully insulting them (just to get a smile), etc.
IMO, bratting should only be rude and disrespectful if that is what your Dominant needs. Because bratting is playfully helping your Dom, something that totally stems from personality.
Miki
Miki • Dec 20, 2021
LongerJohnny wrote:
Dude, seriously?
Lets just look at the first thing you did wrong: The title
Just asking about "The good and bad of being a brat" suggests that there is ANYTHING inherently good OR bad about being a brat.
And if that weren't dumb enough -
Suggesting that it is merely a matter of time before a brat becomes dysfunctional?
Trying to estimate the percentage of brats who just "need therapy?"
WTF?
It has been the experience of most regular visitors to these posts - which should include you - that blatant condescension is not the best way to begin a rational, objective conversation.
Unless that is not the type of conversation you were trying to provoke...

Oh, this is not going to end well.
May the BDSM gods guide and protect us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm late to this party so I skimmed the back and forth that followed but Shorter Johnny--- cool your jets, dude.

The guy posed several questions about "brats" and that's what this place is about. They appear to be intended to elicit civilized back and forth ---even debate.

This is how I'd handle it:

I am a proud "brat" in sexual situations (for those who haven't seen my posts in other places, I am a sexual masochist only and do not do relationships outside of "fun time".) I get bratty it to draw reactions and get more spank with my fuck.

So that having been said, my responses are a bit middling on usefulness, but That is all I expect out of a dom or even a sadist.

When playtime is done, I go on my way and in my day-to-day I'm actually the opposite. A bit stiff and happy to give off an air of unapproachability.

I do not need therapy.. one might some might not. Nothing is "one size fits all"

No dysfunction for me, it's part of a game.

I could go on but the point of this post is, "Take a Pill Johnny!!"

Treat others and their posts as you'd like to be treated, man!

Everyone has the right to an opinion but that comes with the responsibility to express it without hurling insults.

---------------------------------------
Best practice of all?

Don't like someone's choice of thread topic? Roll your eyes if you have to and just move on.

I have seen enough caustic B S on Facebook to the point where I hardly go in there except maybe for Marketplace.

This site ought never be caused to travel down the same sewer pipe.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Dec 20, 2021
Snipped for focus and asterisks added to certain phrases to emphasis the attacks made on another user:

Miki wrote:

I'm late to this party so I skimmed the back and forth that followed but *Shorter Johnny*--- cool your jets, dude.

I am a proud "brat" in sexual situations (for those who haven't seen my posts in other places, I am a sexual masochist only and do not do relationships outside of "fun time".) I get bratty it to draw reactions and get more spank with my fuck.

I do not need therapy.. one might some might not. Nothing is "one size fits all"

No dysfunction for me, it's part of a game.

I could go on but the point of this post is, *Take a Pill Johnny!!*

Everyone has the right to an opinion but that comes with the responsibility to express it without hurling insults.

---------------------------------------
Best practice of all?

Don't like someone's choice of thread topic? Roll your eyes if you have to and just move on.

I have seen enough caustic B S on Facebook to the point where I hardly go in there except maybe for Marketplace.

This site ought never be caused to travel down the same sewer pipe.

The way another member was addressed in a snide bastardization of his user name, along with that member being ordered to medicate himself seems a prime example of why some folks find self-proclaimed brats annoying. I rest my case.