Online now
Online now

What to do other than beg for attention

A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
2 years ago • Jan 22, 2022
harleyqt wrote:
I know that in good time the right Dom for me is going to come along (hopefully sooner rather than later...after all it's been 17 years since I had a decent Dom....sigh) I refuse to beg for someone's attention (unless that's what they want me to do πŸ˜‰)

I thought this anecdote to be very telling for those who expect quality connections to happen immediately or because they are on the hunt. Nope. 17 years says it all.

I should stress that my response does not apply to the OP.
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Jan 22, 2022
I hate when people beg for attention, its like they have nothing better to do with their time, its annoying, inconsiderate, and makes me feel like they are like my cats or dogs. I can think of a million things I can do to stay busy and mind you its a ton of stuff. I have so much work to do here at home I can't possibly stay on top of it. I don't beg, need or pretend to want attention from anyone. I am happy being by myself and in fact I adore my time alone it brings me peace, however sometimes I find that I cant shut my mind off and that bugs me, however if I keep busy I have no need to keep others attention and nor do I need to be bothered while I am busy or in the midst of something. if you feel the need to beg or try to get attention from me I will ignore it. I will give someone my full attention when and if I get done with what I am working on or doing. I can not nor will I give anyone my full attention if they beg for it. all I require is for whoever it is to just wait and give me time to finish whatever it is I am wrapped up with, then and only then will I give whoever it is my full attention and can concentrate on whatever the need is.
Redfoxmask​(dom male)

stupid double post computer hung

Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Jan 22, 2022
I hate when people beg for attention, its like they have nothing better to do with their time, its annoying, inconsiderate, and makes me feel like they are like my cats or dogs. I can think of a million things I can do to stay busy and mind you its a ton of stuff. I have so much work to do here at home I can't possibly stay on top of it. I don't beg, need or pretend to want attention from anyone. I am happy being by myself and in fact I adore my time alone it brings me peace, however sometimes I find that I cant shut my mind off and that bugs me, however if I keep busy I have no need to keep others attention and nor do I need to be bothered while I am busy or in the midst of something. if you feel the need to beg or try to get attention from me I will ignore it. I will give someone my full attention when and if I get done with what I am working on or doing. I can not nor will I give anyone my full attention if they beg for it. all I require is for whoever it is to just wait and give me time to finish whatever it is I am wrapped up with, then and only then will I give whoever it is my full attention and can concentrate on whatever the need is.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}

Re: stupid double post computer hung

Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 22, 2022
Snipped for focus:
Redfoxmask wrote:
I hate when people beg for attention, its like they have nothing better to do with their time, its annoying, inconsiderate, and makes me feel like they are like my cats or dogs. I can think of a million things I can do to stay busy and mind you its a ton of stuff. I keep busy I have no need to keep others attention and nor do I need to be bothered while I am busy or in the midst of something. if you feel the need to beg or try to get attention from me I will ignore it. I will give someone my full attention when and if I get done with what I am working on or doing. I can not nor will I give anyone my full attention if they beg for it. all I require is for whoever it is to just wait and give me time to finish whatever it is I am wrapped up with, then and only then will I give whoever it is my full attention and can concentrate on whatever the need is.

You might want to revise your profile since it seems much has changed in your willingness to give of yourself and be available to others. How long ago did you write this in your profile?
"I have plenty of time to talk throughout my day and have time to devote to talking, messaging, whatever. We can start online but it will need to make RL soon I need the emotional, spiritual, physical connection with whoever I'm with. I am a very caring, loving, patient, nurturing, and understanding man and you will always be my first priority."
Redfoxmask​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 23, 2022
Redfoxmask​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2022
WytchyWoman I have plenty of time throughout my day to talking messaging etc. if you read what I wrote it plainly says I will not give attention to someone begging for it [ if I am in the middle of something but if given time I will give them attention when finished with whatever it is I was busy with]. I do keep busy, I hate sitting idle and not being productive. I am not saying I don't have time to devote to someone, which I have plenty of time to, I was just stating that yes I do have plenty to keep me busy and such, but if and I mean only if I am in the midst of something I can't concentrate on it and give time to someone begging for attention until I can get to a stopping point or complete whatever it is I am busy with,thats all I am saying.

but the OP asked a question and I am off topic a bit but she asked how to deal with not begging for attention sorry I got way off topic so to quote her here it is

So I am sure we all have those days where you are feeling like no one is paying attention to you and you would reeeeaaallly like some. I am usually quite content in my own little world, but am having a moment. So rather than posting thirst trap pictures, nudes, or toy with someone's emotions, what are ways you actually deal with these feelings?

so I am on topic but off topic anyway my 2 cents
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jan 23, 2022
What to do other than beg for attention?
I am a musician and writer so I compose and/or play music, or write something.
I have never had to, or felt the need to beg for attention. I usually lack for private, quiet time.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 23, 2022
Redfoxmask wrote:
I am not saying I don't have time to devote to someone, which I have plenty of time to, I was just stating that yes I do have plenty to keep me busy and such, but if and I mean only if I am in the midst of something I can't concentrate on it and give time to someone begging for attention until I can get to a stopping point or complete whatever it is I am busy with, thats all I am saying. Also I am on topic but off topic anyway my 2 cents
Thanks for clarifying. The way your initial comment was worded struck *me* as you being very curt and dismissive of the needs of others and consumed with your own until a time you find convenient. ☺️
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
I wanted to point out that I think craving attention and begging for attention are quite different. For starters, craving is an internal feeling and begging is an act. I feel they have completely different agendas and connotations.

Begging seems to have already been covered so I speak in regards to craving attention - commonly experienced and sought by many and it is perfectly human to crave the feeling that one belongs, is seen and is valued. That's our tribal instinct and requirement for safety. The craving means you're not being fulfilled in those areas. Perhaps consider who and what makes you feel good about yourself, valued, sexy, loved, inspired and content. It could be just you spending time and nourishing your mind, body or spirit. It could be friends or family. It could be social groups or activities. It could be you dressing sexy af, going somewhere and feeling good with how you look and perhaps desired. This is something I sometimes do but not for attention per say (well yeah, sometimes). I do it because I like to see myself that way and it makes me feel good.

Anyway, if I was over that side of the world I'd be dating that hair in a second, and your brain of course πŸ˜‰πŸ™ƒ.
CSI
CSI
CSI • Jan 23, 2022
Betty Tails wrote:
I wanted to point out that I think craving attention and begging for attention are quite different. For starters, craving is an internal feeling and begging is an act. I feel they have completely different agendas and connotations.

Anyway, if I was over that side of the world I'd be dating that hair in a second, and your brain of course πŸ˜‰πŸ™ƒ.

Sweet!!! That would be fantastic. And I think you are right: I was absolutely craving attention. The world has changed so much that it's strange not having as many interactions as before, and the fact that the bar has been raised so that I am no longer content with just superficial things. I require more that just an "oh hey, you're hot, wanna fuck" type of deal. Just have to raise the vibration levels again. I find when I am vibing at a higher level, it doesn't seem to bother me (if that makes sense).
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i know that when thirsty, there are times we just really need something to drink.
That said:

Maybe try practicing attentiveness. Not as a manipulation, i.e., doing so in an attempt to bait and switch, that wouldn't really be attentive in my book. But actually make the effort to give what it is you are needing to get.

i believe humanity is bound together by common threads of need, that we all need "love." i think love has a fuzzy, feely mysterious side, and it seems that 's the form most rely on. But i also believe love has a practical side, that it's a principle we can choose to exercise. (Since i consider love a basic and vital element in life, i contemplate about it a lot).

i 've figured if i'm going to be principled about love, and be able to practice the principle/s, i needed to have a working definition beyond "fuzzy feely" lol. To me, "love" is listening and hearing, looking and seeing, then acknowledging and affirming the one we hear and see. i think love and loving are fluid, as is life, and in order to pull it off, we have to move with it. i think love is an action verb as well as a state of being, but i don't think it functions well if it is out of balance.

As i see it, if we all made a concerted effort to be lookers and listeners (to me one who regularly and deeply practices love defines "maturity" ), then there would be no beggars, there'd be enough for everyone. Instead, we have a world full of empty cups, wandering about looking to get filled.