Online now

LDD. (Long Distance dynamics)

Manaaki Otso​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 20, 2022

LDD. (Long Distance dynamics)

Manaaki Otso​(dom male) • Jan 20, 2022
LOOKING FOR ADVICE AND IDEAS

***NOT OPINIONS ON THE VALIDITY OF LDR/LDD***

Do any of my fellow caged, kinky individuals have advice and/or ideas that can possibly benefit such a relationship/dynamic. Looking for positive contributions please.
Gaiawolf​(sub female){RogueWolf}
Daddy and I are right now in separate countries so we know all about long distance.
We make it work and work well by constant communication and total honesty at all times. We watch shows and series together, we listen to music together. There are alot of apps you can use that allow you real time not just to chat but for the above activities.
We also had a schedule of visits set a year out, so we had that to look forward to.
That got tossed though as I'm moving to him in 9 short weeks. But he did come here to visit me before we made that decision.
    The most loved post in topic
Manaaki Otso​(dom male)
Firstly. Congratulations!!! It's amazing to see you have made it work, and that you will be together soon, that is very heartwarming to hear.

Also I agree totally on communication and honesty.! Essential where distance is a factor.

We have tried different apps to try and do some of the aforementioned activities, mostly without success lol🙄. Could
I please message to get some specific ideas around this?
Gaiawolf​(sub female){RogueWolf}
We use discord for voice chat, are in a discord server that has a music room to share music. For the movies and TV series we both have the same streaming service so it's just a matter of hitting play at the same time then we can talk and watch the show in real time together.
Those are what we use but I know there are others out there.
Manaaki Otso​(dom male)
Oh thank you. Yes we have tried discord, it didn't particularly suit us. We will have to look at the streaming services as you suggest!
SuperEight​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jan 21, 2022
SuperEight​(sub female) • Jan 21, 2022
My Dom and I have been long distance for almost 3 years now, I'm in the Pacific northwest and he's in the UK. As with any relationship/dynamic, we've had our share of challenges but I'd say that very few of them were related to the physical distance between us as we mitigate that in as many ways as possible. There was a forum post about a year ago called "Your favourite activites for kinky online relationships?" which you may find helpful, I've copied my response to that post:

1. Have fun surprise "dates" on the phone. Your partner could pick a destination they think you'll like and instruct you on how to get there without telling you where you'll end up. Talk to them while you send pics/videos of the place (lake, viewpoint, fun store). This idea can obviously go both ways.
2. Send pics of things that make you think of them throughout the day
3. Long-distance toys while face timing. Lovense is a good company for these things
4. Get and send them gifts, these do not necessarily need to be expensive. For instance, my Dom helped me create the garden on my balcony as He's a garden designer. I pressed and dried pieces from the garden and encased them in resin as a gift. That way He could have a piece of the garden we created together.
5. Spend time together, plan this time. Long-distance or online relationships are complicated and require effort. On days I cant dedicate a chunk of time to my Dom (due to life happening), we stay in touch in smaller ways. For instance, I always call Him on my way to work and message when I'm done. On errand days, we enjoy each others company even while grocery shopping or something.
6. My Dom gives me homework and I send pics/videos as proof. It can be as simple as having a healthy lunch or putting together a shopping list
Manaaki Otso​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 21, 2022
Manaaki Otso​(dom male) • Jan 21, 2022
Thank you for your response, We have tried variations of most of those ideas, I will be sure to try and find the post you refer to.
I am aware that this subject may have been addressed already, and I did have a quick look myself...I ended up down a wormhole that wasn't very positive toward the subject matter. Congrats to you and your Dom making it work for so long, that is truly special, and gives hope to the rest of us out there!!
Bunnie
2 years ago • Jan 22, 2022
Bunnie • Jan 22, 2022
I’m wondering what it is about all of these suggestions that you’ve tried, that has made them unsuccessful for you?
Perhaps the question is, what are you seeking? Or what are you trying to improve upon within your relationship? Maybe finding the answer to that could help you find what area you need to look.

I had a beautiful connection with (my) Master for around 3 years, He in America, myself in Australia. Our intention was always for us to come together in-person, so our relationship wasn’t very geared towards on-line, as more focused on creating a foundation of how it would be when we came together. So we didn’t particularly use a lot of gadgets as a part of our connection. One thing we did do, however, was Skype daily, sometimes more than once. Being able to see each other and speak freely like that seemed to make a huge difference to feeling connected, and it also took away any potential for misunderstanding through the lack of inflection with texting. I also had rules I had to abide by. We practiced aspects of Gorean, so there was also a lot of learning on my part… positions, protocols etc.

I hope you find something that helps icon_smile.gif
Master Raf​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 22, 2022
Master Raf​(dom male) • Jan 22, 2022
Bunnie wrote:
I’m wondering what it is about all of these suggestions that you’ve tried, that has made them unsuccessful for you?
Perhaps the question is, what are you seeking? Or what are you trying to improve upon within your relationship? Maybe finding the answer to that could help you find what area you need to look.

I had a beautiful connection with (my) Master for around 3 years, He in America, myself in Australia. Our intention was always for us to come together in-person, so our relationship wasn’t very geared towards on-line, as more focused on creating a foundation of how it would be when we came together. So we didn’t particularly use a lot of gadgets as a part of our connection. One thing we did do, however, was Skype daily, sometimes more than once. Being able to see each other and speak freely like that seemed to make a huge difference to feeling connected, and it also took away any potential for misunderstanding through the lack of inflection with texting. I also had rules I had to abide by. We practiced aspects of Gorean, so there was also a lot of learning on my part… positions, protocols etc.

I hope you find something that helps icon_smile.gif

Sounds very wonderful to me.
J o l l y​(sub female){Nillaw♡}
2 years ago • Jan 23, 2022
Currently been with Daddy for 2 years now. He lives in Sweden and I in America. We talk on discord lots and use whatsapp on the phone. We'll watch lots of shows or movies together. We also play lots of games online together. The best thing to invest in is long distance toys. So far i have the lush, hush, and ferri. He can control them from where he is using the lovense app. It's amazing ^^. We've seen each other twice so far. The most important thing is trust. I trust him now than any of my other relationships. But you also need trust in general for our dynamic. The hardest part is the 7 hour time difference but we make it work. I'll stay up late, or he will. But we talk over discord at least once a day. For sessions we video call over whatsapp. I have a tripod to put my phone in to position the camera better and whatnot as well.