Online now
Online now

Sounding

tallslenderguy​(other male)
2 years ago • Feb 16, 2022
Not sure what you are asking for here? i read your profile and it appears you look for a woman to be with sexually?

This is just my perspective, from a gay total bottom with some sub, so i am not sure how meaningful it will be for you.

Sounding is sort of paradoxical to my wiring. To me, it's penetrative sex, i.e., the one being sounded is being penetrated. i personally do not relate to performing any type of penetrative sex, to me that is "Top, Dom, etc.," territory. For instance, I've met a lot of guys who identify as top or dom who want to be rimmed and that violates my wiring because it feels like me penetrating them, sorta like eating pussy. Again, i know this is just me, so my guess is you'll find people on both sides of this.

If you are talking urethral sounding on a woman, i have no experience... well, sort of? i'm a critical care nurse and have placed lots of catheters, so i am maybe more familiar with the anatomy and process than many guys might be.

If you are talking sounding on your cock? That's being penetrated, so i don't get it as a top/dom desire. It is another way to stimulate the prostate since the prostate wraps around the urethra. For those who use progressively larger sounds, or those with a ball or similar on the end, some can achieve climax through urethral stimulating of the prostate. To me, that is similar to a bottom who climaxes from anal sex and stimulation of their prostate from being penetrated anally.

With either male or female urethral penetration, the number one challenge/concern/caution (beyond the obvious of soft, vulnerable tissue subject to tears or perforation) is infection. The urethra/urinary tract is a sterile environment and anything you insert into it carries the risk of being a vector for infection. E.g., inserting a catheter as a nurse is a sterile procedure. i cleanse the site 10x first, then apply and antiseptic solution, i wear sterile gloves and use sterile procedure.
Most who engage in urethral sex are not up on any of that. Even with my training, i got an infection when making a vid for a Dom where i cathed myself.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 16, 2022
I have always felt that an activity is neutral, that headspace and intent give it a top/bottom vibe etc. So a sub could be ordered to do all manner of things that could be seen as being the sort of things that might be done to a sub, and not a dom. If a person enjoys being rimmed, or pegged, while I get that in common thinking those are things that a dom might give, in my book there is no reason, to not receive pleasure from something like this if it is what one enjoys.

I know there are doms who will not give head, or a bj, considering that a non domly thing to do, but torturing the fuck out of someone via that method is a lot of fun.

In saying all that I understand that if ones headspace is not in it, then that is perfectly ok.

Regarding sounding that is edge play, and should only be done once one has got the correct medical knowledge and skill, damaging the inside of a pee duct is not something easy to put right once its done, one can't slap some arnica and a band aid on it. Also quality medical sounds not cheap crap is an absolute must. tallslenderguy​ is spot on with his advice.
    The most loved post in topic
tallslenderguy​(other male)
dollMaker wrote:
I have always felt that an activity is neutral, that headspace and intent give it a top/bottom vibe etc. So a sub could be ordered to do all manner of things that could be seen as being the sort of things that might be done to a sub, and not a dom. If a person enjoys being rimmed, or pegged, while I get that in common thinking those are things that a dom might give, in my book there is no reason, to not receive pleasure from something like this if it is what one enjoys.

I know there are doms who will not give head, or a bj, considering that a non domly thing to do, but torturing the fuck out of someone via that method is a lot of fun.

In saying all that I understand that if ones headspace is not in it, then that is perfectly ok.

Thank you for adding your thoughts and insights dollMaker. i think you make great points re head space. We come up with terms and general notions about what _________ means, but as many on this site get, communication is always key.

i think your example of "torturing the fuck out of someone via [bj]" was a great example of how complex mind fuck can get. For instance, my penis is like any other standard penis and is capable of being stimulated and achieving orgasm physiologically. Where it gets complicated is, psychosexually, i have all sorts of barriers and aversions to that. i have experienced Doms who figured out ways around those barriers without actually violating boundaries, indeed, they respected the "headspace" boundaries and incorporated them into the activity... which to me, is often the essence of mind fuck and deeper forms of D/s.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Feb 16, 2022
I have experiences with men, but I wouldn't ever do that with women. The urethra is too short and too sensitive and it gives them usually absolutely nothing. At least I have never known any woman who liked it as their kink, but we are all different. I only do things for pleasure not to find out some new crazy things and if they might work or not.
YourFLR​(sub male){Uncollared}
I have experienced sounds. The absolute first rule is cleanliness. The sounds were sterilized in an autoclave beforehand and a medical grade lubricant was used. The Domme performing the sounding was an RN. The last thing you want to experience is a urinary tract infection. The Domme started with the smallest sound and gradually increased the size. The moment she saw any blood, is when the sounding stopped.
Sasa​(dom female)
Sasa​(dom female) • Feb 16, 2022
The next rule is never to use too thin sounds... a urethra is easily perforated.
Honestly, I'd say, do something else. That has to be learned and not tested at home... You don't want an "uups" with something like that.
Dontcatchbunny​(switch female){Caught}
I have been sounding myself since before I could masturbate to completion. When young my tool of choice was colored pencils, now I've got a large set of medical grade surgical stainless steel sounds. Sterile surgical grade individual lube packets should be used as lubrication, I buy larger than the smallest packets as it is likely to take two small packets to start. The sounds should be cleaned then disinfected and then sterilized. Sounding should never hurt. Begin finding the right size by trying to see if a large one inserts without any force, by holding the sound and allowing the weight of the sound to drop itself into the urethra. You try larger first because if you start with a sound that is to small you may puncture your urethra. This can feel like a sensual massage from the inside and is the only thing that can scratch the itch from the constant arousal I experience due to a medical condition.
Dontcatchbunny​(switch female){Caught}
2 years ago • Mar 9, 2022
I have been sounding myself since before I could masturbate to completion. When young my tool of choice was colored pencils, now I've got a large set of medical grade surgical stainless steel sounds. Sterile surgical grade individual lube packets should be used as lubrication, I buy larger than the smallest packets as it is likely to take multiple of the smallest packets to start. The sounds should be cleaned then disinfected and then sterilized. Sterile gloves and work surface are important. Sounding should never hurt. Try larger sounds first because if you start with a sound that is to small you may puncture the urethra. Begin finding the right size by trying to see if a large one inserts without any force, by holding the sound over and allowing the weight of the sound to drop itself into the urethra. If the one that first fits hurts perhaps try one size smaller. This can feel like a sensual massage from the inside.

Reposted to be more gender neutral as well as emphasize a sterile environment.