Online now
Online now

another alternative to sir thread

DanielBelum​(dom male)
1 year ago • May 10, 2022

another alternative to sir thread

DanielBelum​(dom male) • May 10, 2022
I can't have my (new person of interest) call me Sir so am trying to come up with an alternative that feels right in my head and in her mouth.
I've thought of - and rejected master, lord, m'lord, sire, Daddy
This isn't a title - this is for her to add on when I give an order and expect a "Yes ____".

Any thoughts?
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • May 10, 2022
I'm averse to the usually accepted honorifics of this lifestyle so when my Mr. Parker contacted me on another kink platform, he had a huge head start over anyone else who had replied to my personal ad for a play partner. The designation of "Mr." conveys respect and formality without demanding any obsequious display to be made on behalf of the submissive.
Zelia
Zelia • May 10, 2022
I too have used Mr as an alternative to Sir, particularly when I’ve been in a dynamic and wanted to show respect without using Sir.
JustAlice wrote:
I too have used Mr as an alternative to Sir, particularly when I’ve been in a dynamic and wanted to show respect without using Sir.
This is actually the only kink site I've been on where the "Mister" honorific seems to be unheard of. Hard to believe that in the not so distant past, it was just an every day common courtesy - as was the use of "Miss" or "Mrs." for a woman.
Zelia
Zelia • May 10, 2022
Yes Mr and Miss I have used most often when I’m showing respect outside of a dynamic. I usually refuse to use Sir with casual friends, and opt for a solid Mr.
Demanding a title is a huge red flag for me. Usually met with a ‘go fuck yourself’.

Anyway I digress.
JustAlice wrote:
Demanding a title is a huge red flag for me. Usually met with a ‘go fuck yourself’.
It's so presumptuous and heavy handed in my eyes. The man I wish to submit and defer to is one who has no need to adorn himself with any self proclaimed title. Real confidence and assurance is sexy as hell but doesn't require lip service be paid to it.
TranquilStorm
TranquilStorm • May 10, 2022
You could go the japanese route and have yourself be addressed with *name*-sama or *name*-dono.

Just to keep the flame of humanistic education alive, you could also dabble with old latin and greek. *Dominus* has a nice ring to it because it contains *domus = house*, which feels like a caretaker. Plus it sounds similar to dominant. Not sure about ancient greek but would be interested if someone can help out (especially with phonetics).
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • May 10, 2022
I agree with Spellbound Wytch. I have always called J. by his name and the devotion and respect behind it has come to mean far more than any honorific ever could. We tried me calling him 'Master' for a while and it just felt wrong because his name had become so special and so much more meaningful to me. I will occasionally still say, "Yes, Master", but saying, "Yes, J." means so much more and comes from a much deeper place in my heart. Saying his name is a subspace trigger for me and also deeply arousing sexually. Give a try.
B L O N D I E​(sub female)
B L O N D I E​(sub female) • May 10, 2022
I should also add that honorifics are extremely impersonal and generic. The person's name is unique to them. There are millions of other guys calling themselves Sir and Master. No one else is using that name and it's unlikely your sub will get with another dom who is using that name. So the name will come to mean you and only you.
rieunleashed wrote:
I agree with Spellbound Wytch. I have always called J. by his name and the devotion and respect behind it has come to mean far more than any honorific ever could. Saying, "Yes, J." means so much more and comes from a much deeper place in my heart. Saying his name is a subspace trigger for me and also deeply arousing sexually. Give a try.
Who doesn't love hearing their own name being caressed by and breathed through their partner's lips? That is the ultimate intimacy isn't it? I do realize there are some though that need to hear the title they've claimed be used in order to create a deliberate unbalance. The need to stand above rather than a desire to walk along side. I'm an oddball in the sense that my submission looks nothing like what most dominants are accustomed to. And I'm perfectly okay with that. I don't want to be just another wooden block on someone's toy shelf.