Online now
Online now

Contraception

Bunnie
1 year ago • Jun 5, 2022

Contraception

Bunnie • Jun 5, 2022
Honestly, this is something I didn’t think I’d be worrying about ever again. I guess I took for granted that the men I’ve been with in the last few years were all at places in their lives where they had quite happily had vasectomies, so it has never really been much of a thought beyond needing to have STI checks.
So, STI checks done, I am now needing to look at contraception. Now this is where it gets a little tricky. As we women age, hormonal contraception becomes potentially riskier for us than when we’re younger. Or more specifically, oestrogen based hormone contraception… which is a high majority of “the pills” available. It’s not an area of expertise for me, so I’m not going to pretend I know a lot about it.
*If I’m wrong, please feel free to correct me*

So what I’m looking for are other options and feedback based on personal experiences, please. After going to my local women’s health clinic and going through the options with a wonderful nurse, I was considering the copper IUD, however, I have heard mixed feedback about that. Some very successful stories and some horrific stories. Any thoughts on this or any other methods of contraception (injections, implants, hormonal contraceptives that aren’t oestrogen based)… specifically for those of us around perhaps late thirties and onwards, would be really greatly appreciated, thank you icon_smile.gif
MsLas​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 5, 2022
MsLas​(sub female) • Jun 5, 2022
I’m in a similar place and recently started on Mirena (progestin IUD). So far, my own results have been mixed. If it’s one you’re considering, I’d be happy to share more privately. 🙂
DewofHermon​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 5, 2022
DewofHermon​(sub female) • Jun 5, 2022
Bunnie, vasectomy is the best option. I wonder if you can convince your man to consider that if he doesn’t want children anymore. It’s a one time minor surgery and has little impact on men’s health. It’s also the most effective contraception and it’s almost 100% effective.

Treatment on women like injections or device implants are NOT good. IUD can cause infection, inflammation, scarring of the tissue, and chronic bleeding. From a life perspective, it doesn’t prevent conception but prevents the zygot from implanting into the uterus so I would never consider that. Hormone injection also has a LONG list of side effects and requires dosing every 3 months.
NoClvrNickname​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 6, 2022
I have been getting the Depo-Provera shot for years (injection every 3 months). I love it and have had no bad side effects. That said, it can negatively impact bone density so I’m scheduled for a DEXA later this month; if there is a loss of bone density I’ll have to discuss changing to a different method of birth control with my doc. If bone density looks good tho, I’m going to stick with it because it fits my lifestyle and could hardly be any simpler for me.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 6, 2022
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Jun 6, 2022
DewofHermon wrote:
Bunnie, vasectomy is the best option. I wonder if you can convince your man to consider that if he doesn’t want children anymore. It’s a one time minor surgery and has little impact on men’s health. It’s also the most effective contraception and it’s almost 100% effective.

Treatment on women like injections or device implants are NOT good. IUD can cause infection, inflammation, scarring of the tissue, and chronic bleeding. From a life perspective, it doesn’t prevent conception but prevents the zygot from implanting into the uterus so I would never consider that. Hormone injection also has a LONG list of side effects and requires dosing every 3 months.

When you suggest he get fixed without suggesting she possibly get fixed, I gotta step in. If they are just dating, it would be a very bad idea to bring that up to a man. There needs to be a SERIOUS long term commitment in order to have this discussion. I'd suggest the guy use magnum bare skin condoms (as close to the real thing for men). If there's an allergy to latex, other options are available. Bringing up getting clipped or tying tubes is out of bounds at this point in the game. Allow him to bring it up or make him use an umbrella to play in the rain. I wouldn't want my lady using pills or anything that can mess with her body abnormally. But of course it's her choice.
    The most loved post in topic
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
1 year ago • Jun 6, 2022
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
When you suggest he get fixed without suggesting she possibly get fixed, I gotta step in. If they are just dating, it would be a very bad idea to bring that up to a man. There needs to be a SERIOUS long term commitment in order to have this discussion. I'd suggest the guy use magnum bare skin condoms (as close to the real thing for men). If there's an allergy to latex, other options are available. Bringing up getting clipped or tying tubes is out of bounds at this point in the game. Allow him to bring it up or make him use an umbrella to play in the rain. I wouldn't want my lady using pills or anything that can mess with her body abnormally. But of course it's her choice.
I'm as confused as you are as to why the simplest solution seems to have not been considered. I know condoms don't have the highest rate of protection, but those along with a spermicide barrier, seem to make the most common sense when a relationship isn't in any kind of commitment phase and hormonal solutions are out of the question. 🤷
Bunnie
1 year ago • Jun 6, 2022
Bunnie • Jun 6, 2022
“ There needs to be a SERIOUS long term commitment in order to have this discussion.”

I’m with you on this. As an invasive procedure, vasectomy is just as much risk as tubal ligation is for females. Something I don’t take lightly, and would never expect anyone else to. Personally it’s not something I would *ever* ask someone else to do. Discuss after being together long term? Sure. Ask? Nah… that’s something only someone can decide for themselves.

Last edited by * on Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total
Bunnie
1 year ago • Jun 6, 2022
Bunnie • Jun 6, 2022
I really appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me in regards to this. It has helped so much. Thank you icon_smile.gif
fifteen annakitten​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 7, 2022
Just a note, although I agree with the commitment comments on here to an extent, point of fact vasectomies are not comparable to tubal ligation. I'm not implying a man should.just run out and get one on his way to the local dungeon, but I find exception to the comment they're in the same league, i find it offensive really. Vasectomy is a reversible procedure done often in an office and quite literally can be done on a lunch break. Also, good luck finding a provider to do a tubal in many areas on a woman without kids or a married woman without her husband's permission.

I have the same issue as you OP, esp since being a cum whore myself, condoms are out of the question. Also, taking any hormones is not an option for me. So as a result, I've been in the lifestyle for over a dozen years and haven't had many partners.
Ingénue{VK}
1 year ago • Jun 7, 2022
Ingénue{VK} • Jun 7, 2022
[quote="fifteen annakitten"]Also, good luck finding a provider to do a tubal in many areas on a woman without kids or a married woman without her husband's permission.

Slight swerve here (Sorry Bunnie) but wow, that's a whole new level of healthcare misogyny right there. Sorry to read.