Online now
Online now

Words of Affirmation

kdramalover​(switch female)
1 year ago • Jun 10, 2022

Words of Affirmation

Hey so I’m curious about word choice.
What do you say or do to your submissive to make them feel appreciated and protected?
Like if they were feeling blue?
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 11, 2022
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jun 11, 2022
Interesting question. I've never really thought much about word choice per se.
Of course it will likely vary depending on the people and the dynamic, but there are some words or phrases that seem to work well almost always. "Good girl" for instance seems to work in nearly all cases. Telling your sub that you are proud of her could make a very big impression on her. Sometimes saying MY good girl, or MY sub, or MY whatever could make her feel desired or safe or protected or owned.
My experience has been that just talking to my sub gives her that feeling because I regularly say and tell her these things naturally anyway, as well as how I feel about her, that I love her, and never want to be without her. Particular words don't necessarily matter, though there are some that I know she really likes to hear.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jun 11, 2022
If what you're going for are specific examples of a favored turn of phrase, one of my husbands was fond of telling me "you are my heart" when he wanted to express the depth of his feelings for me. Mr. Parker often refers to me as his sunshine. Neither of these phrases specifically expresses any protective feelings yet - for me - very succinctly convey the intent.
Bunnie

Re: Words of Affirmation

Bunnie • Jun 11, 2022
kdramalover wrote:
Hey so I’m curious about word choice.
What do you say or do to your submissive to make them feel appreciated and protected?
Like if they were feeling blue?

From how you’ve worded your question, it seems perhaps you’re asking Male Dominants specifically, so I’m hoping it’s ok to share what I have found helps me, coming from Him?

The most effective way He gets into my head when I’m having those moments, is that He’ll ask me a set of questions:

‘Who do you belong to?’ (I am expected to reply verbally… “You, Sir”. And as much as I hate speaking when I feel like this, it pulls me out of myself and away from the spiral that my head can pull me into, and into the present moment).

Then He will say, ‘Yes, that’s right. You are mine. Say it…’
And I say, “I am Yours, Sir.”

This little “ritual” has become symbolic of a “reset” for my frame of mind. Generally from there we will begin a discussion around whatever is going on.

Hopefully this example answers your question, and helps in some way 😊
    The most loved post in topic
TheHappyDom
1 year ago • Jun 22, 2022
TheHappyDom • Jun 22, 2022
I can not wrap my head around this question.
If you have to ask “what do I say or do” then it will probably not be sincere enough to accomplish what you want it to.
Notely
1 year ago • Jun 22, 2022
Notely • Jun 22, 2022
I’m not a D but affirmation. Come up
Behind her play with her hair , how my Devine Doll doing , let me take out you dress up like a queen I want to spoil you. Mine would do this. Tell me get your sexy ass doll up baby Wanna take you shopping he knew what to do this was back then. These days recharging and grounding outside daily make everyday beautiful waking up saying good manifesting words Look you Sexy Devinine your breathtaking this words affirmation reflection how treat yourself get it back. Yin and Yang two can do together meditate , practice tantra . Give each other self care , you water me I water you💦. Encouragement with gratitude team work about Us not just one both ways lift each other. When my guy friend ever down I been their for him let’s go let slushy , go for a walk , go on the trail. Friendship , family even relationship support should be their. Friends don’t and partner not then they not the right people in your life it’s 2 way street people only using making you do it all that’s not support that’s stealing being vampire only coming around judging when they want you that not real friendship of any kind tell get the bad out your life then good will come In. Real friendship how are you , your can do it , let’s go get a drink. Be good to yourself words you put in your mind , let go things that bother you cut cords and see how your life changes. Know one wakes up happy but you have to be happy for you and other person does to them self know one can force but you make it flow and encourage it.
DaddyXX
1 year ago • Jun 23, 2022
DaddyXX • Jun 23, 2022
some need more, and more constant ,reaffirmation than others...a spontaneous...'I'm proud of you'....for no particular reason can be very effective..especially in a newish relationship..
idClare
1 year ago • Jun 23, 2022
idClare • Jun 23, 2022
Not a Dom but word are my language. icon_smile.gif

Words of affirmation affirm or state as fact, assert strongly, and encourage. Words or phrases that affirm ownership are powerful, but it can be taken to a deeper level when stating what ownership means to the Dom. Such as statement that affirm the value of a sub or how worthy the sub is of being owned by the Dom.

Examples: You are so valuable. You are priceless. You are worth your weight in gold. You are a rare treasure. You are precious. I cherish the fact that you are mine. You are my most prized possession. It is an honor to own you. Being your Master/ Daddy/Sir gives m purpose.

Also words that recognize effort.

EX: I’m so very proud of you. I noticed that was hard for you and I am am so proud of you for _____. That was hard, and took so much strength, you are amazing. You are such a strong person.
Vallin​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jul 26, 2022
Vallin​(dom male) • Jul 26, 2022
I *LOVE* this discussion! I'm newly out as a Gentleman Affectionate (Soft) Daddy DOM, and I'm a hopeless Romantic Artist. My character is essentially a mashup of 'Prof. Henry Higgins' and Robert Palmer. Words of Affirmation--implied if not openly expressed--come naturally when I'm close.