Online now
Online now

Rant

LongerJohnny​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 16, 2022
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jun 16, 2022
Meech,
No you are definitely not the only one who has noticed the clear gap between Doms who are looking for subs, and subs who are looking for Doms. The fact that the ratio is so unbalanced is part of the reason why some bars and clubs have specific Ladies Nights, and why some event spaces and dungeons have guidelines limiting the number of men who are allowed to attend a function based solely on how many women are in attendance. Sexist perhaps, but the ratio speaks for itself.

To your second question, no one has any obligation to put any specific information on their profile, and whatever assumption anyone makes about that is not the doing of the owner of that profile, but of the person making the assumption. Sure, it might make sense - and it would certainly be so much simpler - if everyone were 100% clear and precise and obvious and transparent about who they are and what they want, and if every single profile reflected that. But not everyone is, and not every profile does.
The reasons people create their profiles the way they do, and why they portray themselves the way they do, are their own business. There are no rules or guidelines stating that all members must always do it a specific way or even keep it current.

BTW, while some people may answer your questions with absolutes like "It really means this" or "It is only because of that" or "this is the definitive answer" and such, we probably shouldn't assume that everyone always has the same motives for how they approach their profiles (or anything else.) People are different, and the reasons we do things tend to be as well.
Noire{Owned (NH)}
1 year ago • Jun 17, 2022
Noire{Owned (NH)} • Jun 17, 2022
If I may interject…

I am a submissive woman.
I have single and unowned on my profile.
Yes, I do have perspective dominants that I am currently Vetting, and who are Vetting me.
However I thrive on clear communication.
I am an honest person so if someone asks if I’m talking with anyone seriously. I have no issue with telling the truth.

But at the end of the day.
Until I have a collar around my neck.
An a dominant who plasters me all over his profile.
I will continue having conversations with people. I will continue along my journey. At the end of the day I am not a collard or a owned submissive. No matter how many profess their adoration for me. The one who shackles me is who has my loyalty.

I am free to court who I think will be a good fit for me. Until I find my wolf.

It’s survival if the fittest if you want me to be yours. That’s how I see myself as a submissive.

Blame it on my Princess energy. 😘
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Jun 17, 2022
Is the 3:1 ratio also applicable to the number of Forum threads of subs complaining about the online behaviour of Doms, compared to the number of threads of Doms complaining about the online behaviour of Subs?

If so, is that because subs behave better, or Doms complain less?

Just asking......
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Jun 17, 2022
Defender wrote:
Is the 3:1 ratio also applicable to the number of Forum threads of subs complaining about the online behaviour of Doms, compared to the number of threads of Doms complaining about the online behaviour of Subs?

If so, is that because subs behave better, or Doms complain less?

Just asking......

Men (Doms) don't have the time nor the patience to complain. We just have to adjust and move forward. IMO most modern subs aren't fully submissive (it's mostly for playtime). And that's not a dig at any woman in this forum. But it's something I've observed. When I first made my profile I was optimistic but I've come back to reality fast. No complaints. This is the world we live in. And it could be much worse. The glass is still half full for me.
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
Umm I’ve seen multiple posts lately by Doms complaining about submissive behavior. This one right here is one of them and some of the comments. It’s just that it’s mostly complaining about things such as how we don’t respond, fill out our profiles to their liking, or have preferences as to the type of Dom we are seeking.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Jun 17, 2022
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:
Umm I’ve seen multiple posts lately by Doms complaining about submissive behavior. This one right here is one of them and some of the comments. It’s just that it’s mostly complaining about things such as how we don’t respond, fill out our profiles to their liking, or have preferences as to the type of Dom we are seeking.

It can be frustrating for guys. I've never personally complained about responses. But as a man I understand it which is why I responded to Defender. Yes, men do complain about things. But it shouldn't be compared to women. It's neither good or bad. It's just how we're made different from each other. It's why men must suck it up. We can't out talk women so we must go be productive. But there are MANY things for men to complain about. It's just not worth it to us for the most part.
Banféinní​(sub female)
Banféinní​(sub female) • Jun 17, 2022
Noire wrote:
If I may interject…

But at the end of the day.
Until I have a collar around my neck.
An a dominant who plasters me all over his profile.
I will continue having conversations with people. I will continue along my journey. At the end of the day I am not a collard or a owned submissive. No matter how many profess their adoration for me. The one who shackles me is who has my loyalty.

I am free to court who I think will be a good fit for me. Until I find my wolf.

It’s survival if the fittest if you want me to be yours. That’s how I see myself as a submissive.

Blame it on my Princess energy. 😘

Noire I am inclined to agree with you on this.
Loyalty is earned by time. Male or female, Dom or sub, we should have an idea of who we are and what we seek.
Unlike mentioned in a previous comment, seeking something specific does not mean it is some fairytale, non existent profile.

Many enjoy the chase and can carry themselves in a respectful manner through a few conversations, then they fall apart. Communication becomes inconsistent at best.
This can cause burnout and disillusion regarding the search for a mate. Sometimes a break is necessary.

I am single and unowned.
I am also not available.
I can choose to not actively seek a dynamic. Just the same as anyone else. That doesn’t mean I can’t have conversations discussing aspects of the lifestyle. This is a community site which provides a platform to learn from each other. Not all conversations have to be for the purpose of finding a match.
I'mME
1 year ago • Aug 13, 2022
I'mME • Aug 13, 2022
Dom Pinnacle wrote:
ButterfliesAndCuffs wrote:

You can't outtalk women, well there is a clue for you.
Maybe you should learn to listen, and not with a impersonal, vague, yada yada yada stance.

And to another point you circled around, no self-proclaimed Doms think they do not complain, but when you come inside someone's box with a certain attitude, I for one am not going to respond back with anything but the same.
Do you understand what kind of track I am laying down.

It can be frustrating for guys. I've never personally complained about responses. But as a man I understand it which is why I responded to Defender. Yes, men do complain about things. But it shouldn't be compared to women. It's neither good or bad. It's just how we're made different from each other. It's why men must suck it up. We can't out talk women so we must go be productive. But there are MANY things for men to complain about. It's just not worth it to us for the most part.
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male)
Dom Pinnacle​(dom male) • Aug 13, 2022
I'mMe, that's correct. Men can't out talk women. We go crazy when we attempt it. I hope you're doing alright tonight. But I will not be going back and forth with you. Take care.
aceaceace​(sub female)

Re: Rant

aceaceace​(sub female) • Aug 13, 2022
Meech wrote:
I can’t be the only one noticing the clear gap between Doms who are looking for a sub and a subs who are looking for Doms? It’s like ratio is 3:1 on this site. Also another thing. Why is it that subs will have their relationship status as single leading to the assumption that they are looking for a Dom. Only to end up saying they either aren’t looking for one or they already have found one? Wouldn’t it make sense to change your relationship status I mean at least to me that would make sense.

Assuming that because someone is single they are looking for a Dom is just I don't know how to articulate it it but there's a saying: assumptions make an ass out of you and me.

So maybe just don't assume every single person is looking for something.