Online now
Online now

What is an overseer?

Literate Lycan​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 22, 2022
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jun 22, 2022
May have to do with race play and Master / slave play. Not versed in it although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

In doing a quick search on the topic, it seemed to be a role in play. But don’t take that for gospel. I’m as uneducated on the topic as the rest of the esteemed panel.
LongerJohnny​(dom male)
LongerJohnny​(dom male) • Jun 22, 2022
We may have been on the right track with the whole pretend gor-ish thing. I did a little research and I found that there is mention of an overseer in "Marauders of Gor" (the 9th book) but it was only mentioned once, and not capitalized like a title or honorific ('Overseer') but like manager or supervisor or employer or any other hierarchical position. The character made a gesture and a bunch of slaves ran away. So anyone who guessed that it is a person who manages the slaves was probably right.
(For the record, this is just info I found online. I've never read the books. I started the first one years ago but the writing was so bad I couldn't get into it.)
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 22, 2022
I always enjoy coming across new thoughts to ponder and learn about. Thank you for bringing this to the forums and giving us all something to dig into and consider, newbiesubfiftyfive 😊
I’d still be very interested to hear in which context it was referred to you, so that I can learn more, if you’re ok with sharing that (even privately if that’s more comfortable for you). If not, that’s ok.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jun 22, 2022
I remember reading some of the Gorean novels back in the day. I was way too young and had no knowledge of BDSM, so to my mind it was amazing but just fantasy. The Overseers were the Priest Kings and advanced aliens who if I recall were responsible for transporting people to Gor from other worlds like earth. They "oversaw" Gor. I'm hoping this individual doesn't believe they are an alien. LOL.