Online now
Online now

Old vs new guard

moll​(other female){owned slav}
1 year ago • Jun 23, 2022
Feleyra wrote:
old guard is "traditional" in the sense that there is only "this" way or "that" way to behave as a submissive - even bratting is considered "new" and is not recognized by anyone old guard. I would warn against it completely, unless you are comfortable with someone being extremely strict and unbending towards you. Look at it like this - throw negotiations out the window, old guard means "their way only".

Maybe that is what you have experienced, but my Master considers himself to be "traditional" and he is not "extremely strict and unbending" towards me. He has his protocols and expects me to adhere to them, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't give me leeway depending on the circumstances.

Old Guard and traditionalists are not tyrants nor bullies that people should be "warned" about. People should make sure that they desire the same things as a prospective partner in order to have a good, healthy relationship.

Last edited by * on Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total
Feleyra​(sub female)
Feleyra​(sub female) • Jun 23, 2022
I am glad your master knows how valuable you are as a person. it makes a huge difference.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jun 23, 2022
To be old guard you need to be close if not over 100 and a gay male. If you don’t fit BOTH you are not old guard.
DrWakko wrote:
To be old guard you need to be close if not over 100 and a gay male. If you don’t fit BOTH you are not old guard.

Who's going to tell all the people who consider themselves Old Guard that are not over 100 years old and not a gay male? Just curious.
new Luna​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 24, 2022

Old vs new guard

new Luna​(sub female) • Jun 24, 2022
Sweetlydepraved wrote:
I don’t think that anyone is claiming to be an original Old Guard, I think that it’s more of a simplified way of saying, “I hold to old guard core beliefs and concepts.”

Yes that is exactly what they said, they follow old guard traditions. You do not have to be 100 to follow traditions as they are passed down

I just did not understand new guard as every Dom I spoke with my first week on this site was old guard, then all of a sudden when talking with another they had no clue what I was talking about when I asked if old or new guard. I was curious what the difference was between the two
Sweetlydepraved wrote:
I don’t think that anyone is claiming to be an original Old Guard, I think that it’s more of a simplified way of saying, “I hold to old guard core beliefs and concepts.”

Yes. They aren't claiming to be the original Old Guard, but do consider themselves to be "Old Guard" in their beliefs, traditions, and protocols.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 24, 2022
moll wrote:
Feleyra wrote:
old guard is "traditional" in the sense that there is only "this" way or "that" way to behave as a submissive - even bratting is considered "new" and is not recognized by anyone old guard. I would warn against it completely, unless you are comfortable with someone being extremely strict and unbending towards you. Look at it like this - throw negotiations out the window, old guard means "their way only".

Maybe that is what you have experienced, but my Master considers himself to be "traditional" and he is not "extremely strict and unbending" towards me. He has his protocols and expects me to adhere to them, but it doesn't mean that he doesn't give me leeway depending on the circumstances.

Old Guard and traditionalists are not tyrants nor bullies that people should be "warned" about. People should make sure that they desire the same things as a prospective partner in order to have a good, healthy relationship.

Well said, @moll 😁
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jun 24, 2022
Something I’m a little unsure of is why it matters if “Old Guard” or “traditionalist” ways are strict or rigid. Some people like structure and strictness and rules and rigidity and tradition.
It gets a little tiring to be told that those preferences are “one-true-wayist” when all we’re doing is following something that feels right for us.
What makes my ways “one-true-wayist” and not yours? Because they don’t fit right for you?