Online now
Online now

Unpopular opinion to share

Whorgazmo​(sub female)
1 year ago • Sep 18, 2022
Whorgazmo​(sub female) • Sep 18, 2022
People are too soft. The BDSM erotica I came across growing up makes 50 shades look like Sesame Street. Most of it portaryed BDSM relationships as abusive, sharing, rape, drug use and extremes. The Dominants all sociopaths. All sex and no love and usually ended with them ditching their submissive. It took me a minute to figure that BDSM could and should involve love and commitment.

50 shades the movies were more boring than anything. I thought 365 days was much sexier. Secretary was more accurate. Like, c'mon people, it's fiction. Consent and sexy don't go together in a fantasy (obviously it's necessary in reality).

The story of O was way more harmful than 50 shades. It was such a turn off for me. The Beauty series was also a turn off and incorporated harmful ideas about s-types.
I'mME
1 year ago • Sep 18, 2022
I'mME • Sep 18, 2022
Whorgazmo wrote:
People are too soft. The BDSM erotica I came across growing up makes 50 shades look like Sesame Street. Most of it portaryed BDSM relationships as abusive, sharing, rape, drug use and extremes. The Dominants all sociopaths. All sex and no love and usually ended with them ditching their submissive. It took me a minute to figure that BDSM could and should involve love and commitment.

50 shades the movies were more boring than anything. I thought 365 days was much sexier. Secretary was more accurate. Like, c'mon people, it's fiction. Consent and sexy don't go together in a fantasy (obviously it's necessary in reality).

The story of O was way more harmful than 50 shades. It was such a turn off for me. The Beauty series was also a turn off and incorporated harmful ideas about s-types.

Whoregazmo,

I'm with you 100%, I was a voracious reader from 3rd grade on, but for pleasure only. To drift away, my 3rd grade teacher would read Brer Rabbit to us and she would do all the voices, I loved Ms. Derrick [if I was a person who idolized other humans, then she would have been the one whom I idolized, lol].

Then computers come along, then the WWW, and I subsequently got a Kindle to read and had a change of mindset on branching out what I read. I was almost finished with Crime & Punishment [glad I didn't start with War & Peace like I intended, lol] when my Kindle mysteriously disappeared.
I then had a tablet which was subsequently stolen out of my truck, little bastard 😡.
But out of all the books I have read, I never got confused and thought ohh this must be how this or that is. I always have known that things I read about may have some factual details contained but always took everything with a grain of salt.

-----except anything to do with a tar baby---- 😂🤣

Funny thing when I downloaded 50 Shades to my Kindle it was a glitch in something. So every page was repeated 3 times..... 😳

Lmao
LordofPain56
1 year ago • Sep 20, 2022
LordofPain56 • Sep 20, 2022
I didn't see the movie and didn't read the book. It's just fiction (or fantasy) right? So what do I care about someone else's ideas are about BDSM or kink? I can't think of any fictional story that ever influenced my ideas or actions. I do my own thing.
MasterBear​(other butch)
1 year ago • Sep 22, 2022
MasterBear​(other butch) • Sep 22, 2022
I think that Grey did it wrong. What is the point of a contract if she had to look up the stuff because she didnt know what it was.

Its an abusive of power to require a contract of a newbie who has no idea of the emotional or physical realities of what they sign.

Moreover- he was creepy and stalky.
Her character wasnt any better.

I was able to watch most before I very luckily feel asleep.

On the flip side- if you are into false confidence, emotionally unavailable, incapable of long term commitment type of guys- go for it .....