Online now
Online now

Drawing the line for Taboos

Bunnie
2 months ago • Nov 24, 2022
Bunnie • Nov 24, 2022
“Prohibited or restricted by social custom.”

Technically, as far as mainstream vanilla is concerned, our whole way of life is taboo. Drawing the line for taboos is a very individual, personal thing based on the story and experiences of your life, beliefs, values and morals. And perhaps there’s a possibility they may even shift over time when you find yourself in a safe, committed relationship dynamic. It really is simply a set of limits.
missusK​(sub female)
2 months ago • Nov 25, 2022
missusK​(sub female) • Nov 25, 2022
This is exactly why I'm always so hesitant of people who have no limits written in their profiles, or simply state, "my limits are my subs", or "I do what I'm told."
You're waiting for a long line of heartache, confusion, and sometimes embarrassment if you don't do your research and set limits accordingly.

Also, I believe that we teach others how we want to be treated. If we don't know our limits, there are others who certainly won't respect them.

Be firm with what you want, and what you don't. If you don't know, then say that too, but never ever pretend or go along with something that makes you uncomfortable becasue you're a sub, or any other reason.

Here's a great site with plenty of info on limits and where to research kinks you're unsure of.

https://submissiveguide.com/dsrelationships,%20safety,%20personalgrowth,%20fundamentals/series/series-limits

Good luck.
MasterBear​(other butch)
2 months ago • Nov 25, 2022
MasterBear​(other butch) • Nov 25, 2022
My boundaries have changed as I have gotten older.
Basically now- I dont do anything where the other parties cannot give explicit consent.

Everything else is open.