Online now
Online now

Munch club

WooDY S​(sub male)
1 year ago • Feb 22, 2023

Munch club

WooDY S​(sub male) • Feb 22, 2023
Going to my first munch club on Saturday. Anyone got any advice, as i am going there on my own and am pretty nervous about it
Miki

Re: Munch club

Miki • Feb 22, 2023
WooDY S wrote:
Going to my first munch club on Saturday. Anyone got any advice, as i am going there on my own and am pretty nervous about it

First, Don't be nervous! I mean it's natural as a first experience but there's nothing really to worry about. It's a munch and everyone is a twisted fuck when the shades are down.
Second.. Easy for me to say, I know but as always in any new social situation, be "yourself" --- And should you get into a conversation with one or more attendees, just let the conversation flow. Equal parts listening as talking.

and of course, in your case, be quick to explain that "Woody" is your nickname because "wood" is in your surname and not what you "brought to the party".

But above all else, have fun! Keep your expectations reasonable-- if you don't find anything that gets a rise out of ya, there will be others. After a time you'll see that any number of freaks at this munch may turn up at later ones ---and recognition and familiarity gradually translate into approachability.

Do consider, above is advice from one who hasn't dolled up (the leather, the choker, etc. ) in quite some years now.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2023
Be mindful of and check out the munch rules, follow them to the letter. Most munches are completely vanilla and kink clothing and activity is normally not allowed. Don't try it on with anyone, don't use honorifics or be creepy.

If you have no experience, its your first munch, then might be an idea to let organisers know, they can introduce you and keep you right.

I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself. I recall my first one, very anxious and nervous, people in the room were all perfectly normal looking and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, and I enjoyed myself.
WooDY S​(sub male)
This is purely vanilla. No dress code. Already checked that. Wouldn't really be wanting tk walk around Leeds city centre in my regalia. Could get quite embarassing
Miki
Miki • Feb 22, 2023
dollMaker wrote:
Be mindful of and check out the munch rules, follow them to the letter. Most munches are completely vanilla and kink clothing and activity is normally not allowed. Don't try it on with anyone, don't use honorifics or be creepy.

If you have no experience, its your first munch, then might be an idea to let organisers know, they can introduce you and keep you right.

I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself. I recall my first one, very anxious and nervous, people in the room were all perfectly normal looking and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere, and I enjoyed myself.

Goes to show how long I have been on the shelf as well as the apparent fact that the ones I went to were of a different sort.

No overtly twisted clothing, just the kind of stuff one wears to "clubs" in general. But they do vary with the comfort level of the clientele. But beyond a leather skirt and a choker I wasn't any more a stand-out than anyone else in those.

O P did not specify the overall "rules" of the place. if it's strictly vanilla just go enjoy yourself with the knowledge that you likely are just going to make acquaintences.
I do remember looking at "rules" back when I was active and the ones with a laundry list of expectations and a dress code more suited to a church supper I skipped. I wasn't into games, pretense and the resulting waste of time. Just my opinion.

But everything else I wrote stands as far as I am concerned. Be yourself and relax!
Kurai Mori​(dom male)
Kurai Mori​(dom male) • Feb 22, 2023
I remember my first munch fondly, darkly lit hamburger/bar joint with an indoor fire grill - that looked like some medieval torture device. Even the cook looked like some dungeon ax-man. Bloody apron and arms as big as my head, around...

Then a voice in the darkness saying he looks like one of us, come on over...

I managed to find the group tucked away in the corner, trying to have conversations over what was live band night...

Yeah, that was my first experience with a munch.
They got better after that.
We found a new venue, group management changed a little.

But the rules were pretty much - casual attire. Nothing overly kinky. Leather and chains were over the line. But a classic kilt, was acceptable. Be polite to the wait staff, as you want to be able to come back. Be yourself... relaxed. Don't come in role - yes, you may be dominant - but you aren't the only dominant there. And don't be afraid to ask questions... how else do we learn?

My first munch group eventually started the practice of putting a person out front of the venue. To meet and greet, possible attendees and direct them to the proper meeting room. Who was typically the host of the munch. Unless one of us volunteered to cover for them.
WooDY S​(sub male)
Thank you all for your advice. Looking forward to it with nervous anticipation
I'll share my experience on Saturday evening with you all
Sasa​(dom female)
1 year ago • Feb 23, 2023
Sasa​(dom female) • Feb 23, 2023
Be yourself. You are a guy who is next to all you do and have already done in your life also probably submissive. It is secondary. Those people are as human as you are. Good luck and I understand that this a scary. It is like coming into a new class where everyone knows each other. Or a new job... Don't make others too big. Just listen 😉
Beautiful eyes​(sub female){Taken}
1 year ago • Feb 23, 2023
I have been to my first munch lately.
It was a casual affair in a pub. I was so nervous, however I did go with a friend. Lol
I could not have met a nicer bunch of people just chatting, having a few drinks.
I built it up in my head, as in oh my god.....am I actually doing this, lol.
I really enjoyed it, and I came away feeling great that I took that step and I can't wait for the next one.
Just be you.
Have fun.
Stay safe. Xxx
    The most loved post in topic
Williamd
1 year ago • Feb 24, 2023
Williamd • Feb 24, 2023
Sounds like a wonderful activity for men (or women) that derive their pleasure from being submissive and giving pleasure and not expecting anything in return. No doubt many D/s relationships begin this way. No such clubs in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area that I know about, but would love to find one.