Online now
Online now

Personals

AlphaByDesign​(dom male)
2 weeks ago • Mar 10, 2024

Personals

AlphaByDesign​(dom male) • Mar 10, 2024
I noticed that the personals page was removed. Does anyone know the reasoning behind that? I never used it but was curious what happened with it.
Miki
Miki • Mar 10, 2024
AlphaByDesign wrote:
This whole site could update some of its features. I’m not an IT guy but it definitely needs some improvement.

Well, I'm an I T gal and although web hosting development isn't in my usual course of business I'd have to say that the basic nature of this platform is, while not eye-dazzling, is simple, functional and most of all inexpensive..... and although everyone loves bells and whistles, I'm sure those who pay for Premium don't mind the relatively low price, and, well, ads are the coolest thing since sliced bread said no one ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note, (Time to digress) on the website of a local TV station is a survey and one question was "Do you mute TV ads?" Of course I do not need to so I was in the pronounced minority of those who voted "No" But the Yes was overwhelming.

With very few exceptions, if I could hear, I would always mute the fucking things based on what I see and what my roomate "told" me.

According to Kimmy, among the worst nuisances are the Ozempic ads (where they tell you it's not a diet aid but it helps you lose up to 15#) coupled with some dumb-ass '70s era ditty--- and Jardiance, the one where this woman is apparently singing and prancing around because she has Type Ii diabetes and some pill saves the day.

pills pills pills everywhere you look on TV these days.

Gimme a freakin' break already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway Personals? This is the first I learned about that being taken down. I never used that feature nor will I in this lifetime anyway.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Mar 10, 2024
While there are things I would like to see changed, for the most part the site operators are doing a wonderful job and over all the site works very well.

It will be interesting to see what they do with personals section.
aradialspire​(dom femme)
aradialspire​(dom femme) • Mar 10, 2024
I liked reading the personals, they were hilarious.

"I want to live in a world-class city! I will be a live-in submissive, but you can't be the boss of me. I also want an allowance, and you have to look like Brad Pitt/Female Analog."

or

"I'm seeking a submissive!" Depending on the gender, it was often someone thinly veiling some kind of business venture OR trying to play out a very specific fantasy. The personals are gone and I will miss them so much icon_sad.gif

I'm guessing something happened though, because people have been complaining that the profile pictures are being moderated and require manual approval. Whatever it is, at least the site is still up, this is by far one of the best kink communities I've come across online and I'm grateful for it.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
Miki • Mar 10, 2024
aradialspire wrote:
I liked reading the personals, they were hilarious.

"I want to live in a world-class city! I will be a live-in submissive, but you can't be the boss of me. I also want an allowance, and you have to look like Brad Pitt/Female Analog."

or

"I'm seeking a submissive!" Depending on the gender, it was often someone thinly veiling some kind of business venture OR trying to play out a very specific fantasy. The personals are gone and I will miss them so much icon_sad.gif

I'm guessing something happened though, because people have been complaining that the profile pictures are being moderated and require manual approval. Whatever it is, at least the site is still up, this is by far one of the best kink communities I've come across online and I'm grateful for it.

"Developing alternative features" It'll be interesting what could be an alternative to "personal ads". But they'll come up with something.

I suppose for a chuckle or two I could have peeked in on the personals, not to make fun of those posting, just a silent chuckle known only to me.

It's the chat rooms I won't be caught dead in. You can't lurk and see what's going on, they know you're in there the second you click the chat room and I do not need any wayward horn dogs thinking I changed my mind about "Not Looking / Out of the Physical game"
Miki
Miki • Mar 10, 2024
WhatamIfightingfor wrote:
The personals may have left because of legal liability, I can see how that could have become a problem. I am just sure they had a good reason for removing them.

Never thought of that although I don't think "legal liability" is an issue. People post personal ads and people respond to same, both at their own peril. One who responds to a Personals ad has the responsibility to vet whoever they show interest in and vice versa. But I could be wrong. However Personals ads have been around forever. I remember when I was a kid, back when I could hear, some dumb song about pina coladas-- and of course Madonna made a movie back around the year I was born "Desperately Seeking Susan"-- so there's nothing really new about Personals ads of any type.

But without a designated "personals" section people will write similar material to their profiles and some even posted such material on the Forums. Used to be I'd steer them, usually new people, to the Personals. Now without that I'd merely suggest they post personals-type info on the bottom ("What's New") area of their profile. Might even be better that way since one responding to that would have had to actually read the profile information.

EDIT: "pina colada song " actually titled "Escape" by Rupert Holmes (1979)