Online now
Online now

correct me if i am wrong on this ...

Rhymes with Bomb​(dom male)
5 years ago • Jun 14, 2018
"Nope. Submission, Domination and BDSM all have the same 'particular purpose'; to form, explore and strengthen a bond within a relationship."

- generally speaking, perhaps, but that does not address any 'particular' purpose, being that practically any relationship here or otherwise may considered a valid pursuit ...

'redefining' ... definitions are inherently narrow or they would fail to define. they broaden, yes ... i insist that submission had been well-defined but since has been diluted ... the term submission had been applied well before tpe was conceived, particularly in context of a D/s relationship, but ok ...

"There's 'an orthodox approach to D/s" and then there's failing to see beyond 'Boys are Doms and girls are subs, and that's the natural order'."

i don't fail to see anything. my interest is not in switches, dommes, male subs, etc.
"Now... i can put out an intellectual conversation laden with the words pulled from Websters food and shot through his ass "

i do not need a dictionary and the thoughts do not come out of my ass.

"... but know that i don't sit quietly when people use the word in context of swtiches and what they will or wont approach ...'
i am not into switches like that. i am here to appreciate and learn from, at best, what others are interested in doing.

i do not think that people are so unique, as you say. i notice patterns ...

"THe blogs aren't really used as personal ads because- shocker- there is already that section there."

again, more education ... yea i know, and they are rarely part of any community or conversation. and this is not so much about me looking but as to why would i bother.

"roll with what you chose for wordings but don't be surprised if you get bit a time or two because of how you lay down you (thank you Grimm) $10 sentences"

what with this prediliction for my vocabularic output? did i intend to offend? because if so, maybe i should try next time!
"I'm sorry."

no you are not, you are being facetious, disengenious.

" Who defines that which is orthodox?"

orthodox is not defined by any one person but by any community that practices said DISCIPLINE.

" There is beauty in the diversity."

do you want to teach me about culture too?

"As for blogs about wanting to find a partner, they actually irritate me."

i have not seen any blogs about people wanting to find a partner, nor did i mention that i expected to.
reserved dom, i understand free will, i know how to exercise it. i choose to respond to you rather than being ignorant. yes 'kink' as you call it can be orthodox - and yes i embrace the unorthodox as well, guess i am a switch ... joke.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
5 years ago • Jun 15, 2018
Rhymes with Bomb wrote:
'redefining' ... definitions are inherently narrow or they would fail to define. they broaden, yes ... i insist that submission had been well-defined but since has been diluted ... the term submission had been applied well before tpe was conceived, particularly in context of a D/s relationship, but ok ...

Insist away, but if you're going to say something was 'well-defined' without providing a definition, and then double down on that by making an argument that it's been 'diluted' without any proof or examples, it weakens the validity of your statement.
in simplest terms i will propose that submission is a state of being that had been applied in societies with the advent of patriarchal systems, not that submission was often artfully done ... BDSM as a construct is new by comparison ... diluted by various social forces, which no one might admit to for either being supportive or unaware of such.
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
Rhymes with Bomb wrote:
"I'm sorry."

no you are not, you are being facetious, disengenious.

" Who defines that which is orthodox?"

orthodox is not defined by any one person but by any community that practices said DISCIPLINE.

" There is beauty in the diversity."

do you want to teach me about culture too?

"As for blogs about wanting to find a partner, they actually irritate me."

i have not seen any blogs about people wanting to find a partner, nor did i mention that i expected to.

Don't make presumptive statements about someone's motives. I rarely disagree with someone and, when I do, I feel regret because everyone is entitled to their own opinions and to have those opinions respected, whether wrong or right.

I agree that kink is a community, but my point was that there is no formal academy or acknowledged leaders. People with experience are recognized and honored, but there is nothing official about it. Rules and standards vary from location to location.

I wouldn't dream to instruct you in culture, even though it's a subject that has always fascinated me to the point of learning much about how different people see different ways. I only give up my valuable time to those who wish to learn from others; you appear (I could be wrong) to be so certain of your own opinions and viewpoints that you wouldn't listen to a voice other than your own.

As for blogs that are just basically personal ads, they appear all the time and are deleted within an hour by staff. Those of us on here often click hoping to hear from a new perspective are often disappointed.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
Rhymes with Bomb wrote:
in simplest terms i will propose that submission is a state of being that had been applied in societies with the advent of patriarchal systems, not that submission was often artfully done ... BDSM as a construct is new by comparison ... diluted by various social forces, which no one might admit to for either being supportive or unaware of such.

That's pretty broad. Broad to the point of being nonsense, actually.

You need to explain how a 'state of being' is applied in society. Mechanisms? Examples?

"advent of patriarchal systems" may cut it on campus, but not in the real world. Speak history, dates, examples. When? Where? Who? What?

" BDSM as a construct is new by comparison.." Ancient China, Ancient Greece, India, Edo era Japan, Polynesians and a few other ancient societies would like a word.....

"diluted by various social forces, which no one might admit to for either being supportive or unaware of such." Is this the 'Deep State' I keep hearing so much about? Tell me more.
here is a version of orthodox: a female wants to be submissive, as per her natural tendency. a male wants to dominate her, as per his natural tendency. she obeys him and HIS will, he obeys her and HER needs. sure, genders are interchangable, and not to exclude multiple-partnered relations, although i doubt that the energy and concentration would be the same as with the 'traditional' arrangement ... regardless, it does not have to be complicated. the orthodox version simplifies so many things.

unorthodox may include all of the exploration and wonder that has captivated the imaginations and machinations of many or most here. another word may be 'non-conventional' ... again, nothing wrong with that for those who are seeking and searching for themselves or what have you, but that is not my focus. primarily, i am just trying to figure if there are any 'submissives' here that accept any previously held version of submission in a straightforward D/s partnership. i do not see them anywhere, not single ones, not serious ones.i might find her here, but who cares, i do me ... people appear to be very demanding for anything except forging an orthodox D/s relationship and that is my overriding concern, to use a word ...

does this mean that people are getting smarter, more compassionate, more sensual, more confident and ultimately more satisfied with the current interpolation of D/s and items such as feminism or individualism? are these items obstructive for me or others?

so that you understand more fully, there is a concerted attempt to establish feminism and individualism as orthodox, normal or ... natural.
'That's pretty broad. Broad to the point of being nonsense, actually.'

you think i have a need to explain things to you? do you think you know anything about antiquity? you need to look back well before 2000 years of 'civilization' in order to frame what i am saying. in addition, i actually do not need to explain shit. i am not your bitch. do your own research.

but to clarify, patriarchy has more than codified submission. you go to work because you submit to the state. the state is your master daddy dom. wake up.