Online now
Online now

Suggestion Thread

NaivelyOptimistic​(sub female)
5 years ago • Nov 14, 2018
I haven't read all the suggestions either, so I'm sure this has been said. But if not!

Is there a way to search through the forum to see if a topic has already been covered? Just now, I wanted to see if someone's posted about the best BDSM podcasts, but I can't find a way to do so.

Also, and maybe this was just on mine/a browser (Chrome) issue, but I usually have a feature that tells me when I goof and spell something wrong as I'm typing. I love this, and it basically is activated in every text box I've encountered online (it doesn't autocorrect-- just squigglyline underneath words that aren't words). But in the profile section of this site, for some reason that doesn't work, and there's no ABC Spellcheck feature. So if I want to make sure I haven't embarrassed myself, I need to copy/paste from Word-- which is fine but kind of a hassle.

Oh! And not all of my replies have the option to edit. It's the WEIRDEST thing. I don't know if it's a time issue (like after so many hours, you lose that option) or what, but I have never seen that button on some posts, but then right now, I see it here (and used it to add this!).

Also, an iPhone app. Pleaseeee.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
5 years ago • Nov 15, 2018
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Nov 15, 2018
Yes icon_smile.gif

So Forum search, this feature is indeed lacking - noted!

I didn't notice the thing with the profile form boxes, I'll check it out, the site uses a "rich text editor component" integrated and modified for our special dark needs (oh just the color scheme haha icon_smile.gif so it has to be closely looked at. Thanks for the heads up!

As for forum reply editing, you guessed right, we got a mechanism that let you edit your post only when it's fresh, that's in order to let you fix your typos, or regret something shortly after you wrote it and at the same time keep an ongoing conversation or a debate - coherent, as a natural vocal debate is, without being able to take back or change words that were already said, for good and for bad icon_smile.gif

iPhone app... that's a long story, generally Apple and Google impose limits to the freedom of expression in their app store apps and can take down apps that contain explicit sexual material indefinitely and without a warning, so developing native apps for these moderated platforms is a tricky and a risky business.
We love the freedom the web gives us, we feel more natural with it, and with time it becomes harder to distinguish between an installed web app and an installed native app. still - a major feature missing from web-apps on iOS devices is the ability to send push notifications.

We know people love native apps, and so hopefully we'll be able to come up with something in the future, as we grow a little.
Thank you for working so hard on this site! All of that totally makes sense, except the techy stuff at the end. Native app, I'm guessing, is one I can download through the iPhone store (that Apple gets to keep an eye on), and a web-app is rogue, something that can be developed and downloaded that circumvents this authority? Right now I'm on The Cage's site via a Chrome browser on my iPhone all day (because work computers, lol). Is there a web-app that exists? Or was this just a hypothetical discussion of which end to pursue?
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Nov 15, 2018
A web app and a web site are pretty much the same thing, a web site starts functioning as a web app when you 'add it to home screen'. Then its icon appears amongst those of native apps and it gets some technical capabilities that make it appear and behave more like a native app - a web app can potentially be used while the device is offline for example, receive push notifications (on android) and so forth.
Surfing to the web site or installing it as a web app is almost the same, thanks to the really open nature of the web it circumvents the restrictions imposed by closed gardens app stores. Another great benefit of a web app or web site is that is something you can access and use without having to make the decision to install it on your device first, you can seamlessly navigate from one site to another through links - and that's the beauty that comes of the openness and spontaneousness of the web.
Resilient Pearl​(other female){Protected}
5 years ago • Nov 16, 2018

Expanded Indentity Options

Forgive any redundancy on my part; I haven’t read every response, and I haven’t had the opportunity to explore the entire site, so if I’m duplicating feedback here please disregard.

Expanded identity indicators to encourage cultural responsiveness of site, specifically:

• Adding a spectrum of identity options - beyond the binary male/female;
• Expanding relationship status and gender identity options, and please change ‘transgenders’ to trans; and
• Perhaps creating some type of ‘badge’ (for lack of a better descriptor) for active/respected community contributors. If for no other reason than to help guide new members to folks who enjoy mentoring.

If I think of anything else, I’ll make sure to add it.

I’m very new to the site myself, and really appreciate the culture, which staff and members have helped create. At the end of the day, IMHO, this is the most important aspect of the site.

Thank you for all you do!

-RP
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}

Re: Expanded Indentity Options

Resilient Pearl wrote:

• Adding a spectrum of identity options - beyond the binary male/female;
• Expanding relationship status and gender identity options, and please change ‘transgenders’ to trans; and
• Perhaps creating some type of ‘badge’ (for lack of a better descriptor) for active/respected community contributors. If for no other reason than to help guide new members to folks who enjoy mentoring.

- agreed, boxes are annoying. People seeking people, deliniate by kink would be one option. Don't want a laundry list of choices though, permulations and combinations too great.

- trans/sexual debate has happened before. Not my lane and not enough folks here from that area to get informed debate.

- I made my own badge with a Cracker Jack box toy, some cardboard, sprinkles and a hot glue gun. I wear it when I look in the mirror and do my daily affirmation. icon_biggrin.gif. (seriously though, NO. No gods, no masters. Just people)
The badge thing would be hard too because (as I'm coming to realize) there are different areas of the site that different users like to utilize. Some spend hours a day in chat, some blog religiously, some will frequent the forum, combing over posts to make sure questions are answered (shoutout to @MasterBear), and some do a mix of all three-- perhaps even more I don't know yet. What would deserve merit?

But I want one of those Cracker Jack badges, Fud.
Boredsilly​(dom male)
5 years ago • Nov 17, 2018

State to State's

Boredsilly​(dom male) • Nov 17, 2018
I was thinking if we could have different states have their own rooms, for people who want to talk, get to know each other hook up, anyone would be allowed to join they may already know the people or get to know others whose states are not far from each other. Also I think it would be a nice idea if we are looking in the Personal section we should also have it by States. It's very hard to know where people are from if they are interested in each other. Either that or if people looking for someone should have to state what state they are from when asking or looking for someone. Not sure if I wrote this all correctly but I think you may get the idea of what I'm saying.

Thank You
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
5 years ago • Nov 18, 2018
I just stumbled on a thread with a birthday wish and Bunnie asked why is this here...Lightbulb! . Not sure if any one has suggested a Birthday listing or alert. Its a cool way to met new people or break the ice by wishing them happy birthday...plus it makes you feel welcomed and part of a community if people send you wishes.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
5 years ago • Nov 19, 2018
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Nov 19, 2018
campersdream: Thanks for the thoughts!

We would like to have state chat rooms when there are more people to occupy them. for now it seems a bit early, we might also look at adding regional forums sometimes soon.

About states in personals - we have a region filter at the top of the personals listing. By default it says "worldwide" but you can click it to open and select another region, a region can be a country, state or a city. The same filter also exists in the events calendar and in the user search. The design probably should be improved because not everybody notices its there.

MissBonnie: I think it's an excellent idea. Today we mention user birthday only on the profile page, you have to be looking at the user profile page exactly on their birthday to find out about it, but we should have some kind of a birthday board, either global or made of friends in your contact list. or both icon_smile.gif