Online now
Online now

Is online domination Planned obsolescence?

DrWakko
5 years ago • Jun 24, 2018
DrWakko • Jun 24, 2018
Online v real life (ldr counts as real life)

Challenge:

You shut off your electronics and I’ll shut off mine. Let’s see whose relationship lasts longer.
Fudbar​(dom male){❤️❤️❤️}
DrWakko wrote:

Challenge:

You shut off your electronics and I’ll shut off mine. Let’s see whose relationship lasts longer.

You know nothing about my relationships, Wakko. Your points have been refuted time and time again. If all you've got left is snark, please find another place to do it.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jun 24, 2018
@fud this is an open challenge. This does not have your name on it. I did not issue this challenge personally to you.

I have also not inquired to any of your relationships, because I don’t care about them. I have heard about your reputation and this still has nothing to do with you. And once again this challenge isn’t directed at you.

It flatters me that you took this so personally. But it still has nothing to do with you.
DrWakko wrote:
@fud this is an open challenge. This does not have your name on it. I did not issue this challenge personally to you.

I have also not inquired to any of your relationships, because I don’t care about them. I have heard about your reputation and this still has nothing to do with you. And once again this challenge isn’t directed at you.

It flatters me that you took this so personally. But it still has nothing to do with you.

Putting your jealousy and ignorance aside for the moment, please explain the differences between 'LDR' and 'online', and define 'online'. You've yet to do this. Your point and argument is moot. It's about communication.
DrWakko
5 years ago • Jun 25, 2018
DrWakko • Jun 25, 2018
Real life: self explanatory

Ldr: a relationship that has mileage between them. There is face to face interaction and set meetings face to face. How often they meet is between them and how they communicate when not face to face is between them.

Online: a relationship that never leaves the computer. The only way of contact is via technology. Online will never meet. If they do meet and continue to meet it’s now a ldr.

Now please enlighten me on what I should be jealous about? You sit on your computer and type to people as I go out and do what you type about. Maybe it’s you who is jealous.
DrWakko wrote:
Real life: self explanatory

Ldr: a relationship that has mileage between them. There is face to face interaction and set meetings face to face. How often they meet is between them and how they communicate when not face to face is between them.

Online: a relationship that never leaves the computer. The only way of contact is via technology. Online will never meet. If they do meet and continue to meet it’s now a ldr.

Now please enlighten me on what I should be jealous about? You sit on your computer and type to people as I go out and do what you type about. Maybe it’s you who is jealous.

Your logic fails you. 'Online will never meet. If they do it's not online, it's an LDR' In other words, you're retroactively shifting your definition to suit the argument.

I go out and do what I type quite often. I have no reason to be jealous of a curmudgeon with an attitude. I think that you're jealous of the attention I get in the lobby, and frustrated that you can't get your point across in a logical manner. Sitting on a keyboard and typing does tighten up debating skills.
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jun 25, 2018
Thank you
Hisproclivity​(sub female)
Hisproclivity​(sub female) • Jun 25, 2018
DrWakko wrote:

Challenge:

Wow.. You must have an incredible relationship; all you need is each other in real life. No phone calls, texts, emails, etc. I applaud you DrWakko. You always like to reiterate the "real life" aspect whether it's in your profile or now as your collar. I wish I could have such a one-sided relationship alas I'm too multifaceted. I like text, emails, Skype, FaceTime, etc. Maybe it's a generational thing or a more progressive way of thinking--but I am happy I'm open to more. To each there own..
DrWakko
DrWakko • Jun 25, 2018
I never said social media was bad. My challenge was both of us turn off electronic devices and see how long the relationship lasts. You can’t use your cell but you can use your landline.

I use kik Skype and text to commucate with people all the time. It’s about communicating in a relationship without electronics.
DrWakko wrote:
I never said social media was bad. My challenge was both of us turn off electronic devices and see how long the relationship lasts. You can’t use your cell but you can use your landline.

I use kik Skype and text to commucate with people all the time. It’s about communicating in a relationship without electronics.

Hate to break it to you, but 'landlines' have been electronic since the mid 80's, despite the last mile still being analog copper in some locations. What a fucking odd distinction. I'd have no trouble keeping any of my relationships going via phone calls only.