Online now

Question...

↑ ↓
SevenSeven
1 year ago • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:08:36 PM IDT
SevenSeven • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:08:36 PM IDT
I'll be honest and say that I tend to shy away from Doms with children. Not because I don't like children, I love children and one day hope to have some of my own. But because, children have mothers and although he may not be involved with that woman anymore, he still has to be in sync and connected with her to properly co-parent with her. If there's friction there, left over feelings, or issues between him and her, I don't want to be involved in that. It's not a limit for me or anything but the follow up question is always, "how is your relationship with their mother?"
Phanes57​(dom male)
1 year ago • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:24:19 PM IDT
Phanes57​(dom male) • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:24:19 PM IDT
SevenSeven​(sub female)

But because, children have mothers and although he may not be involved with that woman anymore, he still has to be in sync and connected with her to properly co-parent with her. If there's friction there, left over feelings, or issues between him and her, I don't want to be involved in that. It's not a limit for me or anything but the follow up question is always, "how is your relationship with their mother?"

That was another factor that made My decision very difficult when it came time for Me to make the committment.
Pumpkin29​(sub female){MrWhite}
1 year ago • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:34:08 PM IDT
Pumpkin29​(sub female){MrWhite} • Mon 15 Oct 2018 07:34:08 PM IDT
I'm about to offer what seems to be an unpopular viewpoint.

To my way of thinking, it SHOULD be a big deal...at least, if someone is considering a serious relationship, and not something casual.

I'm on the opposite side of that fence...I don't want children. And starting a relationship with someone who has them changes everything I had envisioned for myself. It would require real consideration before I became seriously involved with someone who has them. It's a commitment, even if it's not mine directly. I wouldn't rule out getting to know someone simply because they had them, but it WOULD play a role in deciding whether a relationship with that person fit for me. It boils down to deciding if the person was someone I wanted to "change" for, and how our lives fit together.

Is that an excuse to be a jerk to you or ghost you? Absolutely not. A jerk is just a jerk. And if they're not even willing to get to know you past that one aspect of your life, then I agree that they likely weren't worth your time. I just thought I'd offer a peek at the other side.

I hope you find your fit ❤