Online now
Online now

Does Money Matter?

SevenSeven
5 years ago • Aug 30, 2018

Does Money Matter?

SevenSeven • Aug 30, 2018
Background: I’m at the end of medical school, considering surgery as my specialty (maybe...ehh I don’t know).

So here’s the question. I’ve been told that as a submissive woman who will eventually be somewhat successful financially that I would have a harder time attracting a dominant man who doesn’t make the same amount or more money.

Everyone: Do you agree? What’s your opinion?

Dominant people specifically: Would you shy away from entering a relationship with a submissive you knew made more money than you? Does that matter at all?
DomInHawaii​(dom male)
DomInHawaii​(dom male) • Aug 30, 2018
It would not bother me. I actually started a relationship with a sub years ago who claimed to make about 5 times what I made at the time (and I was mading decent money). But I found out that she had a iffy relationship with the truth.
Beastly​(dom male){Not Lookin}
Ultimately I feel it does not because if so it is probably not someone you want anyway, but then again you rarely choose who you fall for and said person might have a problem with it in which case yeah, it does matter. For me personally no I think that's ridiculous.
CrimsonPaw
CrimsonPaw • Aug 30, 2018
My first D/s relationship worked out perfectly because I was in a management position at work and being in a submissive role at home gave me the break I needed. It aroused me to have someone to worship, please, and take care of. He was unemployed, so he thrived on having someone who he could control and guide. It was perfect harmony for us.
DomForHer​(dom male)
DomForHer​(dom male) • Aug 30, 2018
I would not turn away from a woman who makes more than I do. That has never bothered me. And actually I am currently in a relationship with my sub and she makes more than me.

I think it’s ridiculous for that to be an issue.
    The most loved post in topic
Dariame​(sub female)
Dariame​(sub female) • Aug 30, 2018
I would hope not! I would hope in a D/s relationship that money shouldn’t ever be the deciding issue to develop a relationship together.

To me it should turn a man on to meet a confident, strong women in every day life.

I am not on here looking for a man to support me financially.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
To me it makes no difference. There other more important things in life than whos bank account is larger. I think the man having to make more (even if you in a Maledom relationship) is archaic. I think even in my style relationship (Femdom) its wrong that only the Domme can have the higher earning! If the submissive is better at the higher earning and able too, then why shouldn't they make BOTH sides of the whip more comfortable with the money a career can offer? I reckon a Dom that has an issue with this needs to Grow up, its about being adult and doing what needs to be done. A job and stability is a better asset, then broke and lazy. Your obviously not lasy getting to where you are SevenSeven, to me thats an asset ,not a detractor. Happiness is about achieving balance and power exchange as a couple, if earning more is no go area . ..is he really the one you'd want? Whats next; you cant have 7 inch dildo because his cock is only 6 inches? Bigger and larger doesn't always mean BEST.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Aug 30, 2018
Some Masters see a slaves income as a form of service, so in that aspect, I imagine it would be a greatly welcomed contribution.
CapnRick​(dom male)
CapnRick​(dom male) • Aug 30, 2018
I can't ever remember once that money has played any role in a relationship of mine. Of course I've only been in online relationships, so the chances for income to matter is much reduced. Still, I seem to have been 'with' Alpha intelligent professional women more often than not.

He'd have to be a pretty insecure person, a Dom who'd let his sub's success and brains make him turn tail and run....
DrDope​(dom male)
5 years ago • Aug 31, 2018
DrDope​(dom male) • Aug 31, 2018
It should not matter who makes more money. All that should matter is the connection, respect and everyone is happy.