Online now
Online now

Does Money Matter?

Misanthrope
5 years ago • Jan 10, 2019
Misanthrope • Jan 10, 2019
SevenSeven,

Sorry, that is still as clear as mud. I guess the best way I can explain it is by giving a real world example using myself, and in this instance, you.

In any long-term, live in, relationship I've been in, there has been a minimum of three bank accounts; her personal account, my personal account, and the household account. The household account is financed by each person as to their income ratio to the overall household income.

Lets say that our budget for monthly household expenses, savings, etc. is $3000

Being retired, my take-home income is a hypothetical $4000 / month.
As a new doctor, your take-home income is $8000 / month.

So, our combined incomes are $12000 / month. Based on the above ratio, I provide one third of the household income while you provide two thirds. Therefore, I would contribute one third of the monthly household expenses ($1000) while you would contribute two thirds ($2000). The rest of our monthly income goes into our respective personal accounts to be used however he or she sees fit. If there are any limits on the usage of those funds, they should be discussed and agreed upon before setting up such an arrangement.

Does that help at all? Or did I explain it to death?
Zff4612
5 years ago • Jan 11, 2019

Re: Does Money Matter?

Zff4612 • Jan 11, 2019
SevenSeven wrote:
Background: I’m at the end of medical school, considering surgery as my specialty (maybe...ehh I don’t know).

So here’s the question. I’ve been told that as a submissive woman who will eventually be somewhat successful financially that I would have a harder time attracting a dominant man who doesn’t make the same amount or more money.

Everyone: Do you agree? What’s your opinion?

Dominant people specifically: Would you shy away from entering a relationship with a submissive you knew made more money than you? Does that matter at all?
Pushupstairs​(dom male)
Pushupstairs​(dom male) • Jan 11, 2019
That sort of insecurity isn't an attractive trait in any relationship.

No effect on any interest I've had in someone.
Hogwheels​(dom male)
Hogwheels​(dom male) • Jan 11, 2019
Working in the non-profit field, I don't, nor will I ever likely make 6 figures. I am more than comfortable with subs that make more than me.
SevenSeven
5 years ago • Jan 12, 2019
SevenSeven • Jan 12, 2019
Josh TheOtherJosh wrote:
SevenSeven,

...Does that help at all? Or did I explain it to death?

Makes perfect sense. Thank you for explaining.
domwolf6969
domwolf6969 • Jan 12, 2019
It is depends on the submissive.

If sub has her own will, chooses to give over control of their body, mind and soul to a Dominant to be trained. The key point is sub chooses the Dom may be by the personality, physical traits, self confident, Domineering, Controlling, trust , integrity, mentoring, intelligence, muscular, tattoos , piercing .... and may be by financial status.. all on submissive.
dhail​(dom female)
dhail​(dom female) • Jan 12, 2019
I find financial domination very intriguing so a sub possessing more money and assets than I do would actually be an interesting addition to our relationship.
Kara​(sub female){Dark Roast}
dhail wrote:
I find financial domination very intriguing so a sub possessing more money and assets than I do would actually be an interesting addition to our relationship.

FYI, FinDomming on here will get you booted. I wouldn’t even mention it in posts.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Jan 12, 2019
Yes, financial transactions of any kind will result in the swift removal from THE CAGE. If you're in to findom, please don't do it here or solicit our members.
Zaramia​(dom female)
5 years ago • Jan 13, 2019
Zaramia​(dom female) • Jan 13, 2019
dhail wrote:

I think you're saying finding a sub with assets would be an interesting dynamic, as a Dom.
I agree completely, that for the dominant one, removing the assets from a sub is a complete power trip.
As the sub, it is fine, and can also be powerful - that the sub is completely controlled and cared for - until the relationship ends.
If dominating your sub, and their assets, is part of your dynamic, I think you need to be **THE MOST RESPONSIBLE AND LOVING DOM** and make sure your sub leaves with at least what they came in with, even if you control it for the duration of the relationship. If that's life - then your sub should be named beneficiary on a life insurance policy if you are providing any support, whatever.
This is an area where the right and responsible thing to do has no flavor - it's not Vanilla, it's Not BDSM, it's not anything. It's just the right thing to do - take care of your partner and make a car and binding agreement when you are speaking nicely to one another.
It's much harder to come to an agreement when everything else has gone to shit.
just sayin'.
The power can go to your head, so can the lack of it.
That *IS* a big part of the sub/Dom dynamic - if you carry it into the realm of "actual helplessness", you, as a Dom, have responsibilities that go along with those rights.
MY OPINION>.
z