Online now
Online now

Does Money Matter?

Mace​(dom male)
5 years ago • Dec 31, 2018
Mace​(dom male) • Dec 31, 2018
Money is not something that is important for a Dom or for anyone in general. I think it’s important to be kind, patient understanding with someone. We all to often drop the hammer before knowing another persons story or history based on personal biases. What someone does to generate monies is not an indication of what their true needs and wants are.
Lovedove​(sub female)
5 years ago • Jan 1, 2019
Lovedove​(sub female) • Jan 1, 2019
I used to make more money than most of the people i met. Alot of them found it a turn on actually that an independent sub ( both on personality and financially) was submitting to them.

But yeah if someone has issue with you being more financially independent or well off than in my personal opinion its a red flag.
lark285​(sub female)
5 years ago • Jan 9, 2019
lark285​(sub female) • Jan 9, 2019
I’m on the opposite side of this window. I’m submissive and support my relashionship almost solely. Rent, food, travel etc. This change was initiated when we moved about 6 months ago. All that I ask is that he is able to cover his own bills (phone, car, insurance). I’m still struggling to accept the idea that I am the provider instead of being provided for. I admit it has negatively affected our relashonship but I’m trying to work past it. For the most part I know it’s in my head but financial struggles will affect any relashionship, D/s or vanilla.
Zaramia​(dom female)
Zaramia​(dom female) • Jan 9, 2019
It takes one hell of a Dom to top a successful sub.
Yes, they are not thick on the ground, but they are totally out there.
It's not about money, but power exchange, so unless all your power is financial, you're probably good.
I don't even speak in "should". Whatever should or should not matter - and maybe it does or doesn't to you, personally, or to me, or to anyone.
The more powerful the Dom, the more they want their subs to be successful in their own right.
It's not rocket surgery to top a roll over sub.
It might be to top a rocket surgeon sub.

just one point of view, of course.
zara
Freya369
Freya369 • Jan 9, 2019
It's relevant in this sense....better champagne! Preferably, French. Enjoy...don't you both have it!
Hydra1234​(dom male)
Hydra1234​(dom male) • Jan 9, 2019
I wouldn't ask them that question unless it either a) Comes up in conversation, or b) I plan on moving in with her in the near future and deposit/monthly rent is needed to take into account.
Misanthrope
Misanthrope • Jan 9, 2019
I have a nice situation wherein I'm about to retire. My retirement fund will be comfortable, but not anywhere near what one would make if they were working. I'm more than happy to welcome more income into the family, as long as it is understood that it is still family money, and not the sub's personal funding source.
SevenSeven
5 years ago • Jan 10, 2019
SevenSeven • Jan 10, 2019
So you wouldn’t have a problem unless she had her own account?
Cilantro​(dom male)
Cilantro​(dom male) • Jan 10, 2019
I don't feel that would be a problem, I'm sure in a formal relationship it may bring issues to some people, but it doesn't sound like it should affect a sub-dom dynamic.
Misanthrope
Misanthrope • Jan 10, 2019
SevenSeven wrote:
So you wouldn’t have a problem unless she had her own account?

Not that she should or shouldn't have her own account; I feel everyone should have their own, simply for convenience and privacy sake. What I was alluding to was if she saw her income as hers alone and not part of the household income.