Online now
Online now

Does Money Matter?

wolfgang mephister​(dom male)
3 years ago • Dec 6, 2020

Re: I wish it didn’t

ElizaEmma wrote:
wolfgang mephister wrote:
why would it matter ? I don't see that having anything to do with a relationship of any kind and all to do with insecurities issues

I have a comfortable income and would like to be with people comparable in financial situation just because I like to play in clean, nice, quiet houses instead of a mobile home in a trailer park, or when we travel, our idea of what an acceptable lodging is not vastly different, and that nobody stresses over the cost of a meal when dining out, and so on.

Not asking any Dom to support/subsidize me, just that I work too hard and too long to become accustomed to certain creature comfort and have no intention to go back to roughing it.

that is understandable, unless one of the 2 is considerably rich , in which case, I don't think it would make any difference .
Money and income issues, could be a problem if one of the 2 hasn't got any and the other one has a stable financial position.
I do understand what you mean when you talk about comforts though .
I think an equal or not too much different financial position is what would work best
MidlifeMan​(dom male)
3 years ago • Dec 6, 2020
MidlifeMan​(dom male) • Dec 6, 2020
I agree with the consensus that it should not have an impact but like all things if not dealt with correctly it can, for instance if the sub is used to travelling first class and goes on a journey with their Dom and they travel economy, mentioning it or offering to upgrade them could have a negative impact on the relationship if not done delicately. like all things communication is the key (accepting what is offered and expecting no more).
warriorqueen​(sub female)
3 years ago • Dec 16, 2020

It matters though I don't think it should

warriorqueen​(sub female) • Dec 16, 2020
To me, it matters but not in the way you'd think. I've been broke and I've been rich want to know when I was the happiest? When my bank account averaged $20 a month. Money is an issue for me simply bc I don't like things bought for me, it stems from it being used as the only apology I would get. Frankly taking a credit card and buying your own gifts bc someone can't be bothered yeah that doesn't mean anything and basically says I don't care. I have honestly refused cars, houses and jewelry simply bc of the reason behind them, things are great but they don't make happiness.

It matters but it should not, I guess it depends on each person, how much importance they put on a bank account.
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male)
3 years ago • Dec 17, 2020
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male) • Dec 17, 2020
yeah it wouldn't bother me either, you got to do everything you can to survive on your own or with someone so keep working towards your dreams and goals
shadowsnake
3 years ago • Dec 27, 2020
shadowsnake • Dec 27, 2020
money never explored the thought much i am so poor i had to jack off my dog to feed the cat.
SirRender
3 years ago • Feb 14, 2021
SirRender • Feb 14, 2021
RnKitten wrote:
As a sub who does okay with money - I do not mind if I make/have more money than my dom. However, that does not mean I will support you. Not in any way.

And yes, this (money) caused issues in my last relationship. I would say that it contributed greatly to the death of that relationship. Clearly, he was missing the self-confidence to be able to handle the fact that I had more money than he did.

More important, than money, to me is intellect. I am a sapiosexual sub 100%.

This is where a litmus test of the D/M comes into play. S/He should have the emotional intelligence to accept that fact and additionally be happy that the submissive/slave is doing well in their career.
abetterprovider​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jul 15, 2021
abetterprovider​(dom male) • Jul 15, 2021
Although I'm currently what most people consider a successful business owner, my business startup took every penny I had (and many I didn't have) to get to the place I'm at now. I was broke and living day-to-day at times during my first year+ in business. My submissive at the time was an established tri-board certified psychiatrist and working on her 4th board (she's now halfway into an EMBA and quad-board certified). At no point, was her income an issue in our dynamic or relationship. Mutual respect is critical. I chose the military while she chose an I've League education.

A Dominant (or any partner) should be proud of your accomplishments, not intimidated by them.
Submissively Your's​(sub female)
It doesn't matter. You never know where life will take you. You do you......you will only ever be your strongest advocate. After all of your education and sacrifice.......your decision of specialty should be independent of any outside factors. Any Dom insecure about your income isn't worth it......He should be proud and privileged of your mind, earning potential and all else you allow him to partake of.....
Jack of all doms​(dom male)
Wouldn't bother me regarding the money. Having dated someone in medical school once decades ago, you're incredibly demanding career would give me pause though.