Online now
Online now

Does Money Matter?

lifedomhere​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jul 16, 2021
lifedomhere​(dom male) • Jul 16, 2021
A few months ago, I turned down an opportunity to make an annual salary of 200k. Why? Because I have enough industry knowledge and life experience to know that not all money is good money.

A lot of men don't care about what women make. Or in this case, a lot of Doms don't care about that. The main thing is, money and salaries change and so do jobs. You never know what tomorrow will bring. As for me...

I don't care if my sub works or not. I certainly don't care about her income. Just as long as she's happy. On a professional level, almost all of my clients are either scientists, physicians or in the medical field. Most of them are brunt-out and trying to reinvent themselves outside of healthcare. That's why they hire me. To help them re-brand themselves. And I have plenty of stories.

Yes the medical field is very rewarding, however, like any field of work, you will evolve beyond that field. Which is why money isn't a good barometer of success. It's your ability to know what type of work you can do and still stay in that submissive mindset. Seasoned Doms know that a lot of subs spend so much time working, they aren't able to fully immerse themselves in their submissive roles. Especially if the sub hates their job or isn't satisfied with their work or income. That can be a problem. That's another conversation.

At any rate, as long as you're happy, go for it! I support that.
neutrinozero
neutrinozero • Jul 16, 2021
nope,
but,

in my life some of the silly things connected to money became a roadblock;

stumper of a question
MipWyck​(dom male)

Re: Does Money Matter?

MipWyck​(dom male) • Jul 16, 2021
SevenSeven wrote:
Background: I’m at the end of medical school, considering surgery as my specialty (maybe...ehh I don’t know).

So here’s the question. I’ve been told that as a submissive woman who will eventually be somewhat successful financially that I would have a harder time attracting a dominant man who doesn’t make the same amount or more money.

Everyone: Do you agree? What’s your opinion?

Dominant people specifically: Would you shy away from entering a relationship with a submissive you knew made more money than you? Does that matter at all?

I think a dominant man should have a long and hard look in the mirror if that bothers him. I would say that it's a sign of insecurity. Because what exactly is the threat? That you pay for lunch a bit more often? Quelle horreur! And it's a sign of being old fashioned. It's 2021, women earn money. They are independent. They can make their own choices (outside of their d/s relationship in any case, ha). If you ever encounter a dom, or any man for that matter, that makes a point out of it, it's time to find another man.

Also, good luck with finishing med school! As it's two years since the original post, I hope you chose your specialty icon_smile.gif
Davina sissy​(sub male){Davina}
I think for female Dominants it does matter it's always mentioned tribute or rose pebbles.
Male Doms don't care much of it. Just that you help contribute to the household finances.
Now as for trans Doms Idk jack lol. New thing and, I will skip the classes lol
Tessallia​(sub male)
Tessallia​(sub male) • Jul 16, 2021
I think it's fairly dependant on the maturity and level of trust on both parties. It's easy to say that it shouldn't matter and that if it bothers them move on, but it's not always so easy. Someone I used to be with made significantly more than I did at the time and she constantly brought it up saying that she wasn't going to pay for everything just because she made more than me. I never asked her to pay for everything and never asked for money. We had already talked about how we managed bills for dates and stuff like that. We'd share the bills and I always had the money ready when the bill was due. Being able to deal with important stuff, like finances, isn't an easy thing and a couple's ability to maintain a long-term relationship depends on the willingness and ability to negotiate such matters. On a macro-scale it's easy to say just be fair and not insecure but when you get up close and personal u can afford to eat out twice a week but maybe your partner can't or is try to save money (because for one thing it's not a good idea to have no savings if you can help it) and eating out once a week is a struggle. So you end up with a few options, eat out less, pay for more the dates, or decide the relationship isn't worth the restrictions. Obviously it can be a problem where the person making less money is just too stingy but ultimately it's a matter of negotiating agreeable term for both parties or walking away because you can't agree or the other person is either being dishonest or unreasonable. It's difficult terrain but the only other option is being alone or short term relationships. It's complex issue and it not always comfortable to talk about, and every one who wants to have a long term relationship will have to deal with it.