A gratitude list for my experiences on The Cage, in some particular order of priority:
- I have discovered new kinds and new depths of Love.
- I have (more) fully embraced my Dominant nature.
- I have had the pleasure of spending D/s relationship time with amazing submissive women, each of whom I respect.
- Finally found a way to 'date' that doesn't lead to my cycle of heartbreak. (Temp poly short term-->open to mono long term, mixed D/s with local, IRL, less formal, Dominant roles.)
- The discovery of new kinks I'm VERY into! (Feel free to message for more, friends! Fun.)
- Personal rediscovery and recommitment to the fact that I don't need anyone to lead my path, besides the path itself.
- Finding several new online friends whom are non-judgemental reciprocal sounding boards.
- Confidence boost from being desired (by truly beautiful women!) in several new ways.
- The humility of knowing that I'm not mainstream BDSM, and I can take what I want and leave the rest.
- New knowledge to share in the form of an adaptable framework for a more organized mental D/s relationship, one that makes me the healer I earnestly wish to be.
This last is honestly the biggest gift I have received here. I am very grateful that I have learned to better help partners along their path to their own better selves, by their own hearts guidance. It's always been a part of me, but this new level outshines anything I had known previously. This is something that I will cherish, someday I hope as a husband to a true partner. I will certainly be humbled and feel blessed for as long as I'm gifted with the grace to utilize it.
My goal is not perfection, but progress toward my highest self--with a partner (for now partners) sharing her own journey equally. After all these years and all the self-work I have put in--completely unexpectedly while really just being a kinkster looking to get off!--it was some of the Submissives here that helped me learn these new skills.
And for that, I wholeheartedly thank each of them, as well the staff and true community of The Cage.