Online now
Online now

Love vs. Sympathy

TranquilStorm
4 years ago • Nov 22, 2019
TranquilStorm • Nov 22, 2019
my guess was multiple sclerosis (MS) when I originally saw the post ... regardless, DMD is also scary shit. I have seen the effect of MS and do not wish it on anybody (see the body deteriorating, the skills deteriorating, the language deteriorating, your whole life and being gradually deteriorating). His lashing out and bitterness directed at you are probably less about you as a person, but more about his lot in life. Regardless of the type of relationship you embrace, it is already a challenge for soulmates to walk this path together - with the awareness the screen-play has been written and it is a tragedy.
AAapoc{∆phrodite}
4 years ago • Nov 23, 2019
AAapoc{∆phrodite} • Nov 23, 2019
He should probably learn to respect himself more and find someone who's not long distance. It sounds like this is a situation of convenience for both of you and if either of you wanted something more intimate you would not be long distance still. It would be better for him to learn to find himself and not depend on you as a crutch that merely fuels the stagnation in his life.

That's my read, from someone who's been in a couple codependent LDRs where neither of us felt comfortable being closer - because we wanted different things / didn't want to be that vulnerable, at least with each other.

One of them led to living together for a while, but it ended in conflict. We enjoyed fun times together, but different life goals.
AAapoc{∆phrodite}
4 years ago • Nov 23, 2019
AAapoc{∆phrodite} • Nov 23, 2019
Love is about caring, and that means doing what's best for all, and really considering everyone's true needs, not just our surface desires that we tend to cling to to avoid what will really make us whole and happy in the long run.