Online now
Online now

Trauma and BDSM

ThinkingBig
4 years ago • Dec 3, 2019

Trauma and BDSM

ThinkingBig • Dec 3, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I have gone searching for that article on trauma and using BDSM to work through the trauma and abuse, can anyone link me that page that was posted about 6 months ago and any other helpful links, very much appreciate it!

Thank you
ThinkingBig/Sunshine
Lostasfuck​(sub female)
4 years ago • Dec 3, 2019
Lostasfuck​(sub female) • Dec 3, 2019
You may want to title change. It seems like trauma occurred during bdsm rather than bdsm as a therapy. But I could see this being very helpful. Would like to read the article.
ThinkingBig
4 years ago • Dec 4, 2019
ThinkingBig • Dec 4, 2019
Ok, thank u. Once I figure out will surely do! Thank u
ThinkingBig
4 years ago • Dec 5, 2019
ThinkingBig • Dec 5, 2019
I am looking for the specific article and actually it should be using bdsm to heal through trauma, there was a link here awhile back and I was looking for that article, so if oyu could kindly help me great. Honestly I am aware of google, thats not what I was after!
MasterBear​(other butch)
4 years ago • Dec 8, 2019
MasterBear​(other butch) • Dec 8, 2019
My beloved has extensive trauma and we do not use BDSM as therapy.

Those are deep and murky Waters.

As far as reading I would suggest this book as it has helped my beloved immensely:

https://www.amazon.com/Healing-Trauma-Survivors-Understanding-Reclaiming/dp/B07BH2MBN1

I also suggrst EMDR therapy.

https://www.healthline.com/health/emdr-therapy

One of the reasons that BDSM should not be used for therapy is because the person that you're playing with does not have the clinical knowledge support you through the emotional space that you could potentially be in. Opening up BDSM is therapy puts a lot of unaware people in charge of emotional statuses that they are not skilled to handle.

For me BDSM is very therapeutic. However the heavier stuff needs to be handled by a professional.
    The most loved post in topic