Online now
Online now

Just wondering if this should be an added feature

Miki
6 years ago • Dec 24, 2017
Miki • Dec 24, 2017
Indeed.
Unfortunately, any social site will have stalkers and I have to wonder how "last online" invites them any more than what they read on a profile anyway? Stalkers will stalk no matter what. it simply remains for each individual to practice prudent "universal precautions" when speaking to anyone online. That is, an unfortunate byproduct of the times in which we live, one must bear in mnd the possibility of "Mr. Wonderful" or "Ms. Perfect" - actually being Chuck Manson's third cousin or Jack the Ripper's lost great grandson r whatever.. and of course in the case of the latter.. "Miss Ten" actually being what the Kinks sang about in "Lola" L-O-L-A Lola)

But its usefulness, IMHO, outweighs the potential drawbacks. If i go on vacation (either a real one or just from here) and someone or a group of otherwise well-intentioned someones writes me yet gets no answer, they know it is because I didn't see their message.

I think it is far more effective than having my personal, external email blown to bits with notifications from The Cage telling me, in effect "You Got Male". That is a feature I thought I turned off in Preferences but no, I still get notified in real life of messages from this wonderful... but likely misunderstood place.